Play.com (UK)

samt1

WiiChat Member
Sep 14, 2006
Cambridgeshire, UK
Wii Online Code
3808-6033-3392-6834
I have my Wii pre ordered with Play.com in the UK and I had a look on the site the other day and they have now taken the console off the top sellers list and if you search for it, they are saying Sold Out. So I am taking this as a good thing and for all the people who have pre ordered with them I'm guessing we will get one on release date now as they aren't taking any more pre orders so would assume that I have one of the first batch? What does any one else think and who else from the UK has pre ordered with them?

Look forward to hearing back from any of you.

i dont know. i didn't preorder from play because its an internet site and anything could happen. i preordered it from game because its a first come, first server basis. the good thing is, my skul is right by the town center, so all i have to do is walk to game, give in my £160 and get my wiii!! waaahooo!!

I pre-ordered from GAME as well, purely because I work there. If I didn't I would have ordered it from PLAY as they are very reliable.
I would say since it is sold out they have filled all there pre-orders, i.e. sold all the machines they have been allocted to pre-order customers. You'll be safe enough.

Icredible Braig said:
I pre-ordered from GAME as well, purely because I work there. If I didn't I would have ordered it from PLAY as they are very reliable.
I would say since it is sold out they have filled all there pre-orders, i.e. sold all the machines they have been allocted to pre-order customers. You'll be safe enough.

Yeah I agree, I have placed over 100 orders with Play and have never been let down, so trust them with big orders like this. That's what i thought so should get it on release date (maybe day or two before, Play normally good like that) Come on can we just skip November so get to release date quicker! ha ha

I too preordered with Play.com, i've done preorders with them in the past and have never had any issues.

i also pre ordered my nintendo from play.com 1 month ago so im also hoping im getting it on the day its released. i pre-ordered family guy season 5 from them at same time i ordered the wii and i received the dvd on the exact same day it was due for release :cool:

DragonWii said:
i also pre ordered my nintendo from play.com 1 month ago so im also hoping im getting it on the day its released. i pre-ordered family guy season 5 from them at same time i ordered the wii and i received the dvd on the exact same day it was due for release :cool:

I ordered Pro Evolution Soccer 6 and that came a day early, I have 24 season 5 on pre order and that isn't out until next monday and the order is already going through so should get that Friday if not Saturday, Play are very good with pre orders! Going to have to change delivery address to work for the Wii though cos I don't think it ill fit through the letter box!! ha ha

samt1 said:
I ordered Pro Evolution Soccer 6 and that came a day early, I have 24 season 5 on pre order and that isn't out until next monday and the order is already going through so should get that Friday if not Saturday, Play are very good with pre orders! Going to have to change delivery address to work for the Wii though cos I don't think it ill fit through the letter box!! ha ha

ya play is always good wit pre-orders. just for that day keep your house door open for the postman to walk through and deliver :lol: that sold out message is making me think i was lucky enough to be of those that will get the wii on release.

Play.com

Play are usually good with pre orders so my guess is that they have recieved their allocations from nintendo and have stopped the pre orders because they are either very close to or have exceeded their allocation. Either that or they decided before they started taking orders, how many consoles they were going to allow and they reached that amount.

As always with pre ordering, its best to get in as early as you can (as our American friends demonstrated when their pre orders started) because 9 times out of 10 the orders are on a first come first served basis. Thats the whole point of a pre-order, you are just getting in line for the console without actually having to take 2 or 3 months off work to sit outside your local Game, HMV, Gamestation, EB, Gamestop, Toys r us or whatever your local shop is to get your console on launch day.

All the best

Nintendoid

Exactly, with pre ordering you can just sit back and wait for it to be delivered, other good thing about Play is no deposit or anything like that, they don't take the money until shipped, best part.
Roll on Friday the 8th December, the whole weekend to play it, get load of friends round for a playing/drinking session, wii be brilliant!!

FYI Play.com currently have 50% off the Scrubs boxsets if there's any fans on here - i just treated myself :D

I went with gameplay as I just prefer there general service when it comes to something I want badly. (Not that anything bad has ever happened with play.) I pre-ordered from there about an hour after pre orders went on so should be pretty safe \o/. Booked the day off work too to make sure I get full use in :D.

i0n said:
I too preordered with Play.com, i've done preorders with them in the past and have never had any issues.

You wouldn't believe how happy that makes me feel :lol: Wii's the first thing I've ever even bought of em, and first thing I've ever preordered too :)

Back