Email from Play.com, GOOD NEWS!!

samt1

WiiChat Member
Sep 14, 2006
Cambridgeshire, UK
Wii Online Code
3808-6033-3392-6834
I just recieved this email from Play.com, very good news!!!!!

Dear Customer,

We can confirm, despite a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii
consoles, that Play.com should be able to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii
at launch.

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login
to your account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders.

Kind Regards

PLAY.COM

Looking forward to it even more now!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe there saying European shortages to cover themselves or something.

.....and so it begins

Well, here we go lol. I'm guessing this post has started a scramble to check a lot of emails. At least it means the UK stores are starting to find out how many consoles they're getting, which can only be a good thing. Consider yourself very lucky samt1, you know for sure that you have your wii secured on launch !!. So this is the time we've been waiting for lol, all of us that preordered should be getting a similar email hopefully over the next few days/week (or the dreaded "We regret to inform you......" email :scared: ).

Best of luck to all those that preordered ! (and those that didn't, best of luck on the 7th/8th for your camping out)

All the best

Nintendoid

Hahha, i0n got the exact opposite of an e-mail from Play.com. You got lucky man.

ABC said:
Hahha, i0n got the exact opposite of an e-mail from Play.com. You got lucky man.

Oh dear what did his email say?

Don't worry I have just read his post, that's not good, he said he ordered hours after the announcment, as did I, I have been lucky!

Last edited:
That he isn't getting one on launch. Check the thread in this section. Sucks dude.

Now got to find out if they will still send it by Royal Mail or by courier, cos got to decide whether to have it delivered to home or work as no one is normally at home during the week.

samt1 said:
Now got to find out if they will still send it by Royal Mail or by courier, cos got to decide whether to have it delivered to home or work as no one is normally at home during the week.

Chose wisely Daniel Son. Imagine missing your Wii drop-off and they send it back? I would cry. :lol:

I'm thinking someone in the UK needs to help the poor i0n out and get him hooked up for the good site here... if it wasn't region coded that'd be awesome and it'd be much easier...

Rift said:
I'm thinking someone in the UK needs to help the poor i0n out and get him hooked up for the good site here... if it wasn't region coded that'd be awesome and it'd be much easier...

Amen to that. The owner of this site needs a Wii on launch man.

It's ok guys, i haven't given up hope yet :)

I just booked another preorder with hmv.co.uk.. will see how that pans out - other than that im gonna head into town tomorrow and see what's left.

It's still a good 30 days off... *gulp*

ABC said:
Chose wisely Daniel Son. Imagine missing your Wii drop-off and they send it back? I would cry. :lol:

Ha ha ha ha
I am going to phone them and see how it's being delivered etc, If no one is at home will it go to the local post office or courier depot. Or I could just book the day off work, but knowing my luck it would then come the next day so would be a complete waste of time, sure will sort something out.

Back