Email from Play.com, GOOD NEWS!!

Big_Mill said:
Im not saying its true. But a lot of people had cases where they pre-ordered pretty much on the minute and didnt get one.

I used to really like play but I think they have got a bit lazy. Sendit is seriously undercutting them now.

Good, then they deserve everything they get. What's fair is fair. If someone was first, they should get one first, it's that simple. It's ok though because you see this place we are posting, word gets around quick in the gaming community and as it's said in business, Word of mouth is the best adervertisment.

My boss spoke to Play.com earlier cos he has ordered one and not received an email. They said he wasn't on the list for the first batch but what the guy did say was that they have a rough idea of how many they are getting, say 50 for arguments sake, so have allocated them out, but they really have no idea how many there actually going to get, it could be more or less so some other people may still get one or someone like me might find out that they don't get one if Play doesn’t get as many units as they first thought.

Well I just read on another forum that there is rumors of an under allocation in Europe (shock horror). If this true it makes me wonder whether Nintendo realizes that Europe is actually the biggest gaming market in the world.

They sure as hell don't seem to be wanting my custom. If this ends up like the 360 launch and I don't get one I'm just going to sod it off to the new year or maybe never as I'm sick of Europe and Australasia being treated like **** every time a new console is launched.

Ive been looking at the European launch and I sure as hell cant see any real reason for non gamers to get one as theres nothing special to attract them. I mean wow we get a controller with some free mini games (or as its better known WiiPlay)

Whats annoyed me more is listening to podcasts where Americans whine about not getting the same launch VC lineup as Japan, I mean ffs your getting it 2 weeks before them with Wii sports bundled in and three weeks before Europe and for a lot less than Europe has to pay (Before Anyone jumps on this I know not all Americans have been complaining and I'm not chucking you all in the same boat).

Sorry I got on a bit of a rant there so you can all ignore this tbh just felt good venting.

so is anyone here that ordered from play.com going to cancel their order, and pre-order from somewhere else?? im not sure to keep mine or not..or what to do?

All those that have been dissapointed by the pre-orders lets all go to nintendo headquarters and protest until they hand us the wii's personally hehehe..

Big_Mill said:
Well I just read on another forum that there is rumors of an under allocation in Europe (shock horror). If this true it makes me wonder whether Nintendo realizes that Europe is actually the biggest gaming market in the world.

They sure as hell don't seem to be wanting my custom. If this ends up like the 360 launch and I don't get one I'm just going to sod it off to the new year or maybe never as I'm sick of Europe and Australasia being treated like **** every time a new console is launched.

Ive been looking at the European launch and I sure as hell cant see any real reason for non gamers to get one as theres nothing special to attract them. I mean wow we get a controller with some free mini games (or as its better known WiiPlay)

Whats annoyed me more is listening to podcasts where Americans whine about not getting the same launch VC lineup as Japan, I mean ffs your getting it 2 weeks before them with Wii sports bundled in and three weeks before Europe and for a lot less than Europe has to pay (Before Anyone jumps on this I know not all Americans have been complaining and I'm not chucking you all in the same boat).

Sorry I got on a bit of a rant there so you can all ignore this tbh just felt good venting.
Preach brother, that needed saying. Were struggling to get them 3 weeks after the US launch and they moan about 10 year old games not being at launch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... if a 3 week old GAME preorder can be delivered for launch, than we're hardly struggling, are we?

Eh, it just seems European shops were too eager to start preorders early and that allotments of consoles were very unfairly divided up amongst shops, hardly like ninty are only giving us one console ffs!

Its more Nintendo and the other gaming companies approach to Europe and other parts of the world that bothers me. Its like we are second class citizens to the rest of the world for some reason. Ive still not worked out why a global or at least closer together launch couldn't have been used.

They have already said The US and Canada will receive more than anywhere else then Japan get a load then the rest split up the scraps between themselves. So yeah to an extent Id say we are struggling.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about European stores Play knew exactly what they were doing in launching pre-orders within hours of the release announcement. Basically it was along the lines of make sure we will sell our consoles and worry about the consumers later. I am certain that they have lost a lot of customers over this and I hope it bites them in the ass down the line. I personally didn't pre-order with them as I had heard bad things about them before.

having worked for Game, i know that they are allocated more of the uk stock than anyone... reason - they secure the most and believe or not they have huge buying power over other major retailers because they are a dedicated game/console reseller...

i forget the figures but they literally buy more stock than rest combined, distributors have more to loose if they dont supply to game

Back