Playstation brand influence

Byuakuya

Bleach & Heroes fan.
Jan 14, 2007
Soul Society
Hey here is the story:
I was over at a mate's house a while back and we were playing on his Wii (cause he got it first) and suddenly his uncle (non-gamer) walked in.
He asked us if we were playing on "one of those 360 things" and we said no, THIS was much better.
But before we could answer, he laughed and said "oh you mean its one of those Playstation Wiis".
To this we were simply shocked.
How the name 'Playstation' has influenced the gaming industry to the point that people are ignorant of other superior brands (Nintendo).
So the reason I started this was to hear if any of you guys experienced a similar or a more shocking story. If yes then feel free to share it with the rest of us.

wow, that is interesting. You can understand it, especially if they're not a gamer, but you still kinda wanna slap them ;)

I remember back when the PS1 was released I heard a couple people refer to it as a "Nintendo Playstation". Seems the tables have turned a bit :(

I'm sure they'll turn back!

thendis said:
wow, that is interesting. You can understand it, especially if they're not a gamer, but you still kinda wanna slap them ;)

I remember back when the PS1 was released I heard a couple people refer to it as a "Nintendo Playstation". Seems the tables have turned a bit :(

I'm sure they'll turn back!
Yep those were the good old days.

Well, Playstation2 Being the most-bought/most-well known Of Gamecube Xbox And PS2 So they think of it as the only one. (Silly people) Hopfully though with the wii being ontop atm and with a short easy to remember name the tables probably will turn.

i just dont understand y people would even bother with playstation anymore.
Honest

I remember a mom calling something a "playstation gameboy." I forget the story... might have to do some digging. :p too lazy

Bryan_ said:
I remember a mom calling something a "playstation gameboy." I forget the story... might have to do some digging. :p too lazy
haha of all the things, a "playstation gameboy"? that tops the list.

actually my parents thought the Wii was an Apple product. I guess because it is white like their iPods. yeesh!

if colour is all it takes to be an apple product then I drive an Apple iHatchback! ;)

i think personally ps3 is rubbish...its actually way behind if you think about it..
its expensive!
n has draw backs and there nothing special about apart fro graphics which u can get with a 360
my favs r the 360 and wii but i chose the wii in the end but the wii is the best the only thing is that the graphics arent just as good..but u dont need graphics to have an awesome game! and its will be amazing once wii online gets fixed or wotever...cant wait for online games

WiiMario said:
i think personally ps3 is rubbish...its actually way behind if you think about it..
its expensive!
n has draw backs and there nothing special about apart fro graphics which u can get with a 360
my favs r the 360 and wii but i chose the wii in the end but the wii is the best the only thing is that the graphics arent just as good..but u dont need graphics to have an awesome game! and its will be amazing once wii online gets fixed or wotever...cant wait for online games
yep you nailed the point.

^^^
yup

ive heard someone say 'gamecube colour' but that was probally just a mix up of gameboy

my favorite one was one of my cousins telling me that there was a new gameboy coming out. The Wii gameboy. lol that made me laugh :p

I am from México and since the Nintendo (NES) arrived to the world, well all videogames are called Nintendos by uncles, parents and just about everybody in the community..so instead of saying "we are playing videogames" we say "we are playing nintendo" :cornut: ίίEstoy jugando al Nintendo!!

Byuakuya said:
yep you nailed the point.

Okay man.............you gusy just do not get it and I dont think you ever will.

PS3 and Wii are NOT fighting against eachother. Wii is going to do great in the future. But one hting you forget aout PS3 is that it is selling for LESS than it is worth, even though it costs more than the other systems.

do you know why?

Its because XBOX 360 has INFERIOR graphics compared to what the PS3 is capable of. (not reffering to current released games). In the near future, the Wii will win because its different, the PS3 will win because it is the graphically superior system. the ONLY things that will keep XBOX alive is: 1. Microsoft has DEEP pockets 2.well established online play 3. Halo.

:D

Axtlar said:
I am from México and since the Nintendo (NES) arrived to the world, well all videogames are called Nintendos by uncles, parents and just about everybody in the community..so instead of saying "we are playing videogames" we say "we are playing nintendo" :cornut: ίίEstoy jugando al Nintendo!!

Hey i'm in first year spanish and we would say Nosotros jugamos Nintendo. Is this way wrong? because the teachers have a history of teaching us something and then in the next chapter say we learned it wrong and we have to relearn it.

Back