Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Playstation brand influence

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Byuakuya, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

Hey here is the story:
    I was over at a mate's house a while back and we were playing on his Wii (cause he got it first) and suddenly his uncle (non-gamer) walked in.
    He asked us if we were playing on "one of those 360 things" and we said no, THIS was much better.
    But before we could answer, he laughed and said "oh you mean its one of those Playstation Wiis".
    To this we were simply shocked.
    How the name 'Playstation' has influenced the gaming industry to the point that people are ignorant of other superior brands (Nintendo).
    So the reason I started this was to hear if any of you guys experienced a similar or a more shocking story. If yes then feel free to share it with the rest of us.

2. thendis

thendis WiiChat Member

wow, that is interesting. You can understand it, especially if they're not a gamer, but you still kinda wanna slap them ;)

I remember back when the PS1 was released I heard a couple people refer to it as a "Nintendo Playstation". Seems the tables have turned a bit :(

I'm sure they'll turn back!

3. Byuakuya

Yep those were the good old days.

4. WuZeMu

WuZeMu I HAVE A WII!

Well, Playstation2 Being the most-bought/most-well known Of Gamecube Xbox And PS2 So they think of it as the only one. (Silly people) Hopfully though with the wii being ontop atm and with a short easy to remember name the tables probably will turn.

5. mk_south_london

mk_south_london !SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom*

Wii Friend Code: 7195-7874-4951-1917
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    i just dont understand y people would even bother with playstation anymore.
    Honest

6. Bryan_

Bryan_ :3

Wii Friend Code: 3582-2082-5938-2937
    3582-2082-5938-2937
    I remember a mom calling something a "playstation gameboy." I forget the story... might have to do some digging. :p too lazy

7. Byuakuya

haha of all the things, a "playstation gameboy"? that tops the list.

8. thendis

thendis WiiChat Member

actually my parents thought the Wii was an Apple product. I guess because it is white like their iPods. yeesh!

if colour is all it takes to be an apple product then I drive an Apple iHatchback! ;)

9. WiiMario

WiiMario 1337 PWN3R

i think personally ps3 is rubbish...its actually way behind if you think about it..
    its expensive!
    n has draw backs and there nothing special about apart fro graphics which u can get with a 360
    my favs r the 360 and wii but i chose the wii in the end but the wii is the best the only thing is that the graphics arent just as good..but u dont need graphics to have an awesome game! and its will be amazing once wii online gets fixed or wotever...cant wait for online games

10. Byuakuya

yep you nailed the point.

11. Yellow_Wii

Yellow_Wii wii owner since release

^^^
    yup

ive heard someone say 'gamecube colour' but that was probally just a mix up of gameboy

12. Gimliisadwarf

Gimliisadwarf WiiChat Member

my favorite one was one of my cousins telling me that there was a new gameboy coming out. The Wii gameboy. lol that made me laugh :p

13. Axtlar

Axtlar Del fuego he resurgido...

Wii Friend Code: 7688-9638-8193-7668
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    I am from México and since the Nintendo (NES) arrived to the world, well all videogames are called Nintendos by uncles, parents and just about everybody in the community..so instead of saying "we are playing videogames" we say "we are playing nintendo" :cornut: ίίEstoy jugando al Nintendo!!

14. Deathmetalmaster

Deathmetalmaster WiiChat Member

Okay man.............you gusy just do not get it and I dont think you ever will.

PS3 and Wii are NOT fighting against eachother. Wii is going to do great in the future. But one hting you forget aout PS3 is that it is selling for LESS than it is worth, even though it costs more than the other systems.

do you know why?

Its because XBOX 360 has INFERIOR graphics compared to what the PS3 is capable of. (not reffering to current released games). In the near future, the Wii will win because its different, the PS3 will win because it is the graphically superior system. the ONLY things that will keep XBOX alive is: 1. Microsoft has DEEP pockets 2.well established online play 3. Halo.

:D

15. Brawny

Brawny Anglophobiphile

Wii Friend Code: 5385-4035-7079-0395
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Hey i'm in first year spanish and we would say Nosotros jugamos Nintendo. Is this way wrong? because the teachers have a history of teaching us something and then in the next chapter say we learned it wrong and we have to relearn it.

16. acphydro

acphydro Wii & DFI

Wii Friend Code: 7791-8243-5459-4780
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Actually the PS3 isn't even worth $600. It's not really worth anything really if you think about it.

17. geoff2005

geoff2005 WiiChat Member

ign has an article that it predicts by end of year ps3 will beat 360 in sales world wide, but the Wii will be on top.

somebody ask is this a xbox360.

to something siimilar people always think my car a miata, or a benz, or they call it a honda 2000 ( too much fast and furious influence. it annoying yet funny

18. deity_link

deity_link The one and only

Wii Friend Code: 2528-7696-5174-8862
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    I have to comment, I took it round to cause my friend wanted to see it (bit unsure whther to get one) and that's the exact same thing his dad said however its a bit more undistanble since my mates only ever owned Playstaions.

19. SukhKular

SukhKular WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6500-2248-4442-5882
    6500-2248-4442-5882
    To every East Indian parent I've ever met... If it hooks up to your TV and plays video games... It's a Nintendo. Over the years I've bought a half dozen Nintendos.

20. tank

tank Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

For me it's always been the other way around. Whenver anyone in my family refers to a video game, its always a "Nintendo game" When I first got PS2 back in the day my mother and grandmother would alway ask me if there were any "Nintendo games" I wanted for Christmas. My dad and my uncles all had NES and SNES when they came out, and that's what i grew up playing. So the Nintendo name has been around in my family.