Playstation brand influence

Deathmetalmaster said:
Okay man.............you gusy just do not get it and I dont think you ever will.

PS3 and Wii are NOT fighting against eachother. Wii is going to do great in the future. But one hting you forget aout PS3 is that it is selling for LESS than it is worth, even though it costs more than the other systems.

do you know why?

Its because XBOX 360 has INFERIOR graphics compared to what the PS3 is capable of. (not reffering to current released games). In the near future, the Wii will win because its different, the PS3 will win because it is the graphically superior system. the ONLY things that will keep XBOX alive is: 1. Microsoft has DEEP pockets 2.well established online play 3. Halo.

:D

Actually the PS3 isn't even worth $600. It's not really worth anything really if you think about it.

ign has an article that it predicts by end of year ps3 will beat 360 in sales world wide, but the Wii will be on top.

somebody ask is this a xbox360.

to something siimilar people always think my car a miata, or a benz, or they call it a honda 2000 ( too much fast and furious influence. it annoying yet funny

I have to comment, I took it round to cause my friend wanted to see it (bit unsure whther to get one) and that's the exact same thing his dad said however its a bit more undistanble since my mates only ever owned Playstaions.

To every East Indian parent I've ever met... If it hooks up to your TV and plays video games... It's a Nintendo. Over the years I've bought a half dozen Nintendos.

For me it's always been the other way around. Whenver anyone in my family refers to a video game, its always a "Nintendo game" When I first got PS2 back in the day my mother and grandmother would alway ask me if there were any "Nintendo games" I wanted for Christmas. My dad and my uncles all had NES and SNES when they came out, and that's what i grew up playing. So the Nintendo name has been around in my family.

Brawny said:
Hey i'm in first year spanish and we would say Nosotros jugamos Nintendo. Is this way wrong? because the teachers have a history of teaching us something and then in the next chapter say we learned it wrong and we have to relearn it.

Yeah that's correct, that means: "we play Nintendo" or "we play videogames" lol, and the reason why those teachers say that is because in Mexico we say some phrases and have modisms different than in say Spain or other spanish speaking countries and probably they have learned it from one of those oppossing your previous teacher who learned it from Mexico

Well my mother is a non gamer and I could send her to buy me a certain game for the right console. She have never gotten it wrong yet lol......But my father always says nintendo. Everytime we are leavin the house he says " make sure cut off the nintendo" lol But these people(my parents) don't even play games. But i don't know what it is, why people get them mix up for no reason.

Funny...
Because...

A while back in the process of making the N64, Sony had no business in game-making. However, they knew there was money in it, so Nintendo and Sony decided to pair up to make the "Nintendo Playstation". It was going to use disks for game storage rather than the N64 cartridges. Then, Nintendo sort of pulled back and changed their minds--they went to Phillips for data help. Sony's CEO was furious, and created the Sony Playstation.

Heh...just thought I'd bring up the irony of the "Nintendo Playstation"...

i agree with WiiMario... i dont think the ps3s are good at all and cannot wait til the online games come out for the wii! .. the FPS ones are going to kick ass.. and i heard the first one is metroid prime 3.. i find its like nintendo's halo... and the only thing i dont like about it is that there is no selection of good guns..

it would be cool if nintendo bought Halo off of microsoft.. imagine halo with the wiimote and all of that.. i think it would kick ass... or if u could use the wiimote as a microphone/speaker for talking during online...

cheers!

My dad calls my gamecube a 'gamebox' and my friends xbox an 'x-cube' Very embarresing indeed...
My mom is ussually better about it.

I have a question: Niether of my parents have EVER played any videogames. My dad thinks that they are a waste of time and my mom gets dizzy very easily (like, if we do more than a 90 degree turn in a car she gets a headache, so in a videogame if it is a fps and you turn more than a 90 degree turn (to look to the side) than she will get dizzy). I know that the point of the wii was to get new gamers to start and old gamers to re-start, but my parents never were gamers. I would really like them to get into the wii, i think it would be cool, but I am highly doubting it. Both of them used to play golf, but dont have as much time anymore and recently quit, and I play as well. I was going to buy Tiger Woods 07 and try to get them into that game. Do you think I have any hope?

Sorry for getting so off-topic.

Borch712ers said:
My dad calls my gamecube a 'gamebox' and my friends xbox an 'x-cube' Very embarresing indeed...

I have a question: Niether of my parents have EVER played any videogames. My dad thinks that they are a waste of time and my mom gets dizzy very easily (like, if we do more than a 90 degree turn in a car she gets a headache, so in a videogame if it is a fps and you turn more than a 90 degree turn (to look to the side) than she will get dizzy). I know that the point of the wii was to get new gamers to start and old gamers to re-start, but my parents never were gamers. I would really like them to get into the wii, i think it would be cool, but I am highly doubting it. Both of them used to play golf, but dont have as much time anymore and recently quit, and I play as well. I was going to buy Tiger Woods 07 and try to get them into that game. Do you think I have any hope?

your ddad is mixed up. lol. But i think you got hope. the wii was made for old, gamers and new gamers(these would be the people who have never played a game) so your parents would fall under new. But hey give it a try, you have nothing to lose

Borch712ers said:

trust me there is hope. my mum who never touched video games before tried wii sports the other day and she loved it! especially boxing cause i saw her go crazy on that game. AND SHE WON!
i could see her grin after she played it and i instantly knew that ninty had succeeded. :thumbsup:

The old fogies onlt say PlayStation cos they never change the name of thier consoles it's just PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3. Whereas Nintendo always change their console names.

ahhh this might go off the topic a bit but heres my story,
I was talking to my friend (whos not really a gamer, he only got a ps2 because it was the in thing to do) and he said have i got one of those nintendo xboxs, i was like what the hell are you on about, so i think that yer playstation have made a name for themselfs but nintendo are fighting BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Back