PS3 and 360 to complex says square enix

Ya finally a thread i can enjoy from you brendO :wink:

just dont keep bumping it with random comments like you do all you other threads.

hopefully square can remake 7 and bring it to ds, screwing psp over in the process

Squall7 said:
Well, to be fair, not every gamer. I consider myself fairly hardcore. However, the label in the west of the hardcore gamer seems to revolve around mature games and FPS. I don't limit myself to those, which is part of the reason I've got a Wii - although I'm looking forward to most of the mature games. I'm even looking forward to MK Armageddon on Friday.

However, the PS3 and 360 doesn't have what interests me atm. May get a 360 next year, but only once there's some games that I'm really interested in coming out.

Haha ya, sorry, i shoulda been a bit more specific. Some serious gamers are Wii fans, but its not necessarily all Nintendo is aiming for, whereas the 360 and PS3 aim for those markets and thats about it. Wii fans are a bit of a grab bag, so naturally some "serious gamers" are gonna make their way over to the Wii.

Especially FPS fans. I think the Wiimote is just gonna make that series so much more fun. I've never been an FPS fan really (too fake when using a remote), but i cant wait for RE4 (which i've yet to play) and Metroid Prime 3.

chach said:
hopefully square can remake 7 and bring it to ds, screwing psp over in the process
7, 8 or 10. Or all. Although the trailer for Crystal Bearers does look pretty good...

Certainly good to share in the square of love...

guitarguy9 said:
Haha ya, sorry, i shoulda been a bit more specific. Some serious gamers are Wii fans, but its not necessarily all Nintendo is aiming for, whereas the 360 and PS3 aim for those markets and thats about it. Wii fans are a bit of a grab bag, so naturally some "serious gamers" are gonna make their way over to the Wii.

Especially FPS fans. I think the Wiimote is just gonna make that series so much more fun. I've never been an FPS fan really (too fake when using a remote), but i cant wait for RE4 (which i've yet to play) and Metroid Prime 3.
Fair enough. Though I do feel that developers have just been testing the water mostly. I think they've got a positive response, and hope that the Wii will have a fair share of "hardcore" games. I've been very picky in teh past when it comes to FPS. Goldeneye, classic. Perfect Dark, Amazing. Apart from that, I think only Turok 2 is the only other FPS that I've actually really liked (and that's more to do with the cerebral bore). As for the Resident Evil series, I've been a fan since the second game (the first one didn't have the same quality in my opinion).

I think you're right about the 360 and PS3, although I feel more people are begining to realise that those consoles aren't neccessary to have a good time. Heck, it seems to be a drawback at times: The three most popular console on the market today have worse graphics than their rivals: DS, Wii and PS2.

Anyway, back on topic. I think Squareenix are doing a good job, and at least with the wiimote and DS touch screen, chances of getting literally a port will hopefully be very small. *crosses fingers*

Rivet said:
never liked the Resident Evil games and never played one but now I have an interest and planning to get RE4 when it's released.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. 4 is the one that started raking in new fans. Now that it's coming out for the wii, I think Umbrella Chronicles may be more of a hitter than Resident Evil 5!

Last edited:
sherwood3570 said:
Yeah dude, great find. I'm not familiar with the dragon quest series. But this does give me hope that Final Fantasy will come back to Nintendo.
I cant remember but I think I played Dragoon Quest on playstation 1 before, I remember some Dragon rpg game on ps1. other then that I'm not familiar with it either.

psp=r.i.p by the looks of things oh yeah remember some psp fanboys:
"we have umd we get to watch films"

um they are not even made anymore rofls

Oh dear, im sure they wont live

Dont be ridiculous, the remake of the first resident evil ROCKED on the gamecube!!

And i believe that Timesplitters (1, 2 and 3) were great FPS as well

Square Enix's ****'s weak.

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
psp=r.i.p by the looks of things oh yeah remember some psp fanboys:
"we have umd we get to watch films"

um they are not even made anymore rofls
Brendo, you are extremely wrong on this. (just ask shift for a full detail post)
PSP was selling just as much as the DS was until the DS lite, in which DS started to win dramaticaly, but this is anything but defeat, because no other handheld has become so popular and been able to compete with nintendo's

Last edited:
Why hasn't anyone questioned why Square Enix is making Dragon Quest for the DS exclusive but haven't mentioned that it would be available for the Wii? Why the focus on a handheld instead of a console? Am I the only one that finds that a bit odd?

Back