Yoichi Wada: New Nintendo console by 2011

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
While everyone's been busy assuming and forecasting when the next next-gen cycle will happen, and who will instigate it, with most of them placing their bets on either Sony or Microsoft, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada is putting his on Nintendo's corner.

Talking to Financial Times, the Square Enix bigman expressed his opinion that we might be seeing a new console from the family-friendly Nintendo as early as 2011. Furthermore, he is of the belief that the new Nintendo console will be at par with Microsoft's and Sony's consoles in terms of functionality, and that it may, in fact, be going with a new controller, entirely different from the much-waggled Wii Remote.

Despite all the hype regarding the new motion-controllers presented by MS and Sony at this year's E3, Wada opts to stress that these controllers will not necessarily be the selling point of the consoles, precisely because it is quite difficult to tailor-fit games for it.

Present game machines already have a lot of functions: they are a network terminal, a Blu-ray or DVD player, and a gaming machine. Compared to these three pillars, the [new motion] controllers are quite limited, so the impact may be small. They are an extension of the gaming function.

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Yoichi-Wada-New-Nintendo-console-by-2011/pg/49/aid/134691

it may, in fact, be going with a new controller, entirely different from the much-waggled Wii Remote.

i agree with the guy that nintendo will likely be the first to release a new console but 2011? i think that may be pushing it a little. 2012 maybe or even December of 2011 but i highly doubt it would be that early.

Not interested in the console till I see the games

Previous gens>This gen

Back