Please help me (Wireless posistion)

Mylos_but_Milos

WiiChat Member
Feb 10, 2007
wootya2.jpg

^^^Right there is a picture of my room along with where my wii is and my wireless router (Westell Versalink 327 W) from verizon. Now when I search an access point on my wii, my router comes up in seconds and it has a stong signal according to the little signal bar to the right of it. Now when it connects to the internet, its a differnet story. It takes a long time to go, and 80% of the time it doesn't connect, I get the wii message that sais can not connect to internet, please contact us for techinical support, then it gives a webadress. I come to you asking what I can do to make it connect. Where exaclty does the signal pickerupper (new word lol) in the wii, towards the front or back, I mean as you can see in the picture, they are really close to each other and I don't know why it doesn't always pick up my signal and it only does it a limited number of times. As you can see on my pictures also that nothing is blocking the signal, I just don't know what to do. Thanks

:eek: Nice PC Chair lol

Anyways it should work. Are you sure the settings on your Wireless router are correct. Try E-Mailing Nintendo and tell them the full details on your Wireless Router. You said it connects but there are certain ones they have recomended. Im sure they can help you out. Maybe try messing around with your Router settings?
And make sure your Computer is switched on but nothing Internet based is running :)

thx for the help guys, turns out the filing cabinet was interfering w/ the signals.us

wierd being so close i dont see how even God could get between your Wii and the wireless signal..lol mines a good 4 rooms away from mine i was kinda suprised when it worked fine..

Mylos_but_Milos said:
thx for the help guys, turns out the filing cabinet was interfering w/ the signals.us
I'm guessing you posted that on your wii :p?

Glad to hear your problem is over but that is really werid that the filling cabinet blocks the signal Oo

nice room man. yea i would have thought that the router is too close to the wii for any interference to occur but there you go, strange things happen.

lol, yeah thanks for the help and compliments everyone. After I read that fileing cabinets interfer I just moved it and switched it with a wooden cabinet. Yeah I am surprised that it woulden't work so far away, weird things happen. Thanks again :)

Back