Please, in need of some good advice.

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
I'm buying a PS3, normally id have to wait untill december 26th or later to buy it because of money issues. but i just cant wait. ive tried and tried and tried to come up with some scheme to make a quick buck (thats not from my savings account) and i usually can (came up with cash for my wii, first and second DS, and 360 in a day or 2 each) but this time im stuck, i want a PS3 so bad but cant afford it just yet.

i got to thinking that i dont play my wii ever. guitar hero 3 every once in a while. at first the thought scared me, why would i want to sell such a great system? but then, just now, i realized the gaems i was waiting so long for finally came out this month and i didnt buy them. in fact i did something even worse, i sold all but 2 of my wii games (excluding play/sports) i currently own GH3 and RE4. not much, and i cant think of anything coming out for Wii that interests me enough.

i have a buyer and he wants to pay me 350 for wii and guitar hero, and ill probably throw in my charging station and lan adapter plus whatever i have downloaded on the wii.

so if youre still with me, please i need advice, i have such a good offer on the table and im so tempted but tell my why not to sell my wii for a PS3. and please dont say "oh noez! gaystation 3 is shitz!!!!" because i know what i want. (blu-ray player, killzone 2, home, ps3 exclusives)

i jsut feel like my wii has let me down, the fun has worn off. SSBB doesnt interest me either, and thats the wiis big title for 08. i tried to lie to myself but i guess im a hardcore gamer at heart.

SensesFail said:
I'm buying a PS3, normally id have to wait untill december 26th or later to buy it because of money issues. but i just cant wait. ive tried and tried and tried to come up with some scheme to make a quick buck (thats not from my savings account) and i usually can (came up with cash for my wii, first and second DS, and 360 in a day or 2 each) but this time im stuck, i want a PS3 so bad but cant afford it just yet.

i got to thinking that i dont play my wii ever. guitar hero 3 every once in a while. at first the thought scared me, why would i want to sell such a great system? but then, just now, i realized the gaems i was waiting so long for finally came out this month and i didnt buy them. in fact i did something even worse, i sold all but 2 of my wii games (excluding play/sports) i currently own GH3 and RE4. not much, and i cant think of anything coming out for Wii that interests me enough.

i have a buyer and he wants to pay me 350 for wii and guitar hero, and ill probably throw in my charging station and lan adapter plus whatever i have downloaded on the wii.

so if youre still with me, please i need advice, i have such a good offer on the table and im so tempted but tell my why not to sell my wii for a PS3. and please dont say "oh noez! gaystation 3 is shitz!!!!" because i know what i want. (blu-ray player, killzone 2, home, ps3 exclusives)

i jsut feel like my wii has let me down, the fun has worn off. SSBB doesnt interest me either, and thats the wiis big title for 08. i tried to lie to myself but i guess im a hardcore gamer at heart.

i'm a hardcore gamer, and i enjoy the wii....i don't get how the sentence makes sense considering the games i've enjoyed on the wii that i guess was under the 'hardcore' genre

if there is nothing that interests you than sell it, i personally think just brawl is worth buying a wii for(only had that and mario kart double dash for cube),

do you like your ds? if you enjoy your ds than you'll probably like the games the wii will have to offer in about a year

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
i'm a hardcore gamer, and i enjoy the wii....i don't get how the sentence makes sense considering the games i've enjoyed on the wii that i guess was under the 'hardcore' genre
games such as? i guess what i mean by that is i love games that have cutting edge graphics and awesome online, etc. not last gen games with new controls. im not knocking the wiia t all. and even if i sell my wii im sure id end up bying a new one in 4 months anyways.. idn..im just so tempted. lol

If the Wii has let you down, or you're "over it", and you want PS3s features, there's no reason not to sell it o_O
Christ, if you were remotely around Toronto, I'd be buying your Guitar Hero sooo fast, I called 27 stores yesterday and they're all out of effing stock still D:

LOL yeah i reserved my copy, its so hard to find it around here too. (maybe not as hard as in canada but...idn)

i think im gonna..if this kid backs out ill kick his ass lol.

iv been wanting to sell my ps3 for a long ass time i ****ing hate my ps3 but i respect your ways to sell your wii (i never would) if you whant to make mony sell your wii on ebay with games for 400$ it will most likely make around 600 or 500 $ so try that.

Ps i garente you will repent of your choice ,pluse no games on ps3 and games are 70$ each by the way i own RFOM ,HS,AC,COD4 and MOhA (resistence fall of man,Hevenliy sowrd,Assassince creed,call of duty 4 and Medal of honor air born)the best game is COD4 and the rest you will get bording really really fast and then your ps3 that you sold your wii on will be gathering dust in the corner. Thats what happen to me but i dident sell my wii.

Last edited:
$350? They are going for that for the Wii alone on ebay & half.com, GH III is about $100 on half.com. PS3 with a 60GB is about $400. So you can get more than $350 for your setup.

but my wii already has an inch of dust on it. i played re4 2 days ago for 5 minutes, just for old times sake but thats it. lol

mainly, i want high def movies and killzone 2. thats about it..and thats worth 400 bucks to me. i only play halo3 on my xbox 360, tried other games, but in the end..i just kept halo 3. i stillw ant cod4 and assins creed tho, eventualy wether its on ps3/360 idc.

to juche (happy first post btw lol) ill try ebay if he backs out but as of now im lookint for QUICK cash..not put it on ebay and wait a week cash. lol

besides, hes paying full price for wii.. and full over ten dollars for GH3, im giving him my charging station/lan cause i cant getm uch for that at gamestop im sure.. its used..i cant rip the kid off. its a gift for his little brother.

600th post!

Last edited:
if you have the funds for all that stuff you can keep the wii... its only $250... thats not THAT much...

I yearned for Cutting edge graphics and "hardcore" games.

So i bought a Xbox360 (i prefered the 360 over the ps3 games/features) but i didnt want to sell my WII, how else can i play all the first party games.

My advice is dont sell your WII unless you have too or if your not into zelda/mario/metroid or w/e nintendo comes up with next.

i DO have a 360 though LOL. its bad, im such a greedy bastard when it comes to games. idn.. ij ust always want more, better stuff.

Zelda-First Wii game, hated it
Mario-Anti-Galaxy from the beginning
Metroid-Real excited for this one, beat 2 levels and traded it in
Nintendo-havent been a fan since SNES

this thread is making me want to sell it more and more.. it's starting to feel more like the best decision.

i think the reason i was excited for metroid was "OMG FPS ON WII" but now that ic an afford a 360 AND PS3 i can play hxc FPS wich is the genre ive always enjoyed best. i understan wii was the wrong choice for someone like me but its waht i could afford at teh time, and its still an awesome console!

Last edited:
same here but i never play my ps3 i played ac yesterday for 10 min becouse my cousin whanted to play it and my xbox 360..............the only game iv played is MA and for around 10 min.

thats how i am with my wii right now, i play guitar hero for like ten minutes a week.

well i respect that but think of it this way we all have our diffrent way of gaming no matter what there is aways going to be people with love and passion for there counsels in the futuer there will be better wii games as there like xbox and ps3 it just depends on your liking and how well the devlopers feel the passion of the counsles...:wink:

i totally agree. there is no debate on what console is better. its personal choice. tahts it, stats dont mean a ****ing thing to a single person.

for me, ive looked into the future of the 3 next gen consoles (im very up to date on gaming news, i spend a lot of time reading game magazines or forums cause im a loser) and wii just doesnt do it for me anymore.

Back