Pleasee

Tailwhip

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
I know this has been asked a lot, but:
THE DISTANCE BETWEEN MY WII AND XP SYSTEM IS ABOUT 6 METERS (20 FEET), THERE ARE 2 CEILINGS INBETWEEN THEM, SO:

IS A WIFI USB CONNECTER ABLE TO CONNECT WITH MY WII SO I CAN GET ONLINE????

I remember my old wireless connection was crap and I had blind spot in my house that could not be connected. But after I upgraded from 802.11b to my second 802.11g router, the connection was much better. With my first 802.11g router (WRT54G v.1), I need to run a second router in bridge mode in increase the coverage. Then I found the second 802.11g router (F5D7230-4) has better signal and can cover the whole house (but at lower speed in some place). My third g router is USR and the signal is so strong that I can keep it in the basement and still give me full speed connection on the second floor. Now I runs 4 wireless routers in bridge mode for the connection convenience rather than improved coverage as I can connect to any router wirelessly anywhere in my house. The OP needs connections between 3 floors and wired connection is not convenience and sometimes not possible. It may not be cheaper than wireless either. Nevertheless, I don't think the USB WiFi connector is the way to go. Those USB dongles have embeded antenna that may have limited reception. I would suggest getting a wireless router instead since the Wii has built-in wireless interface already.

Hm... you could send the signal through the house wiring and broadcast with a light socket modification..... you would have to know what you are doing though. :/

Drill a hole in the floors :p

Yes, one may do that. The networking over electric wires was available even before 802.11g. But why bother if a wireless router work fine at a lower cost.

I WAS going to buy a wireless router but somehow it cant connect with my current internet thingey dno how you call it neways its wired and id need to buy a new one for 200$ and then connect a 50$ router to it. 250$, never mind then...

So im still looking for other options and since i cant return that usb dongle if it doesnt work id be left wasting 40$ ffs...

I DO have an ethernet cable upstairs could i do something with that??

250$, never mind then...

ffs, where do you get that price from?

is it gold pated and encrusted with diamonds?

there's no way a new modem and/or router is gonna cost that
much unless you're going for high end draytek or cisco kit.

i dodged up all my options too when i wanted the wii online, considering I had a laptop and habe now bought a DS as well it was very worth me buying a wireless router, if anyone in your house has use for wirless then ittd be worth having it, and yeah if you get a decent router itll go thru a few floors easy, though i get th occasional blindspot but its only when im right beside the router

From the cost of the USB dongle the OP mentioned, he should be in US. Get a wireless router for $20 at OfficeDepot this week and return it if it doesn't work.

Back