Political Culture Government Project - Any Kind Souls Out There?

Brawny

Anglophobiphile
Dec 15, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Wii Online Code
5385-4035-7079-0395
Hmmmm last day of break, I should probably start this today...

I envision a simple little interview setup. A few representatives of other countries would be greatly appreciated to cover such topics as "overall tolerance, role in society, belief in freedom" etc.

I really need some intelligent Brits XD... You guys ARE our closest ally and all that.

Nahhh, I need someone from everywhere.

I would use another Canadian. And Aussies, Kiwis ETC.

Got any IM thing?

It's a group project, and my other group members have all the questions. Nothing really deep as I have no idea what this is about.

Brawny said:
I need more than one person >_<

And get online then ^_^
Soon...I had that appointment today and now I feel the need to go to a buffet -_-

Celeste said:
Soon...I had that appointment today and now I feel the need to go to a buffet -_-

Sorry about that :wink:

Brawny, I'll go on later today and help you out..gotta watch my sister :lol:

Yeah, a local "control sub-culture" would be great. Sorry, this thread kinda got lost in my CP.

I didn't write these, another group member did, sorry for asking the same question and the wording. It was aimed at foreign exchanged students. Substituting "the general idea of your country" would be helpful.

If you wouldn't mind answering any of these, I'd freaking love you...yeah.

1. On average how involved/interested are people in your country in/about the political happenings in your country?

2. On average how involved/interested are you in/about the political happenings in your country?

3. How many major political parties are there in your country?

4. What is the relationship between religion and government in your country?

5. In your opinion do the general morals of your country differ from those of America? If so, to what extent?

6. Does the average person in your country have a lot of say in the political happenings of the government? Is this more or less than that of Americans?

7. Are you afraid of your government? Are you afraid the American government?

8. Are you satisfied with performance of your government? What do you think needs to be changed? Do you think that it is doing better or worse than that of the American government?

9. Do you feel that each person has a responsibility to participate in the political process?

I'll give it a go.

Brawny said:
Yeah, a local "control sub-culture" would be great. Sorry, this thread kinda got lost in my CP.

I didn't write these, another group member did, sorry for asking the same question and the wording. It was aimed at foreign exchanged students. Substituting "the general idea of your country" would be helpful.

If you wouldn't mind answering any of these, I'd freaking love you...yeah.

1. On average how involved/interested are people in your country in/about the political happenings in your country?

I hate generalisation, but here we go...

Politically, the public of Australia aren't as interested politically as many of the European nations. However, voting in state/federal elections is compulsory, so most people have a pretty good idea of the different political parties and what they stand for. In that sense, everyone is involved... but your average Australian will be in-touch but not extremely interested.

2. On average how involved/interested are you in/about the political happenings in your country?

I supported the "Kevin 07" campaign, meaning, I was in favour of the recently-elected change in government, with Kevin Rudd at the figurehead. I was passionate about this campaign, so I guess I'm interested.

3. How many major political parties are there in your country?

There are several political parties, but those competing for leadership are the Australian Labor Party (ALP), and the Coalition (Liberals and Nationals).

Then we have our others: the Greens, the Democrats, Family First, One Nation, etc.

4. What is the relationship between religion and government in your country?

--

5. In your opinion do the general morals of your country differ from those of America? If so, to what extent?

[Generalisation]Basically the Australian public (me included) thought of the last Prime Minister (John Howard) as a suck-up to George Bush. It was as if he was afraid to oppose him even slightly. Kevin Rudd hasn't really shown us what he can do yet, but hopefully we'll see a little more of an independent nation rather than an American puppet. Hey - we may even get our troops back!

American culture has affected Australian culture via Globalisation (T.V., etc.). I'm one of many that holds importance in the preservation of our unique culture.

6. Does the average person in your country have a lot of say in the political happenings of the government? Is this more or less than that of Americans?

Australia is one of the longest-running democratic countries in the world. We do believe in a "fair go" for all, but this is always to an extent. The government is basically just a representation of the people, so there are very little conflicts between the government and the majority of the people.

7. Are you afraid of your government? Are you afraid the American government?

Not afraid of the Australian government. Not afraid of the American government. We have the ANZUS treaty with America, and they're our biggest ally. I suppose we like them... they're like that uncle that you love to hate.

8. Are you satisfied with performance of your government? What do you think needs to be changed? Do you think that it is doing better or worse than that of the American government?

Stand up to America. Address global warming. We had a few problems with our last government in my opinion, but we'll see how we go with the ALP.

9. Do you feel that each person has a responsibility to participate in the political process?

Heck yes. Form an opinion. Make your vote. It's good for you. It's good for your country.

Back