Poll: Streets of Range or Golden Axe?

jonlscool

WiiChat Member
Feb 8, 2007
both are incredibly similar yet there must be a clear winner.

Golden axe has 3 characters, magic spells, and ridable weapons (dragon, beak thing)

Streets of rage has 3 characters, screen clearing bombs, and usable weapons (bat, pipe, etc)

but which game do you guys think plays better overall. if you had only 800 points and had to get one of the two, which would it be?

(my vote goes for golden axe, but i haven't played streets of rage in a while)

i LOVED both games

but i did get highly excited over streets of rage since i havent played it in the LONGEST time! golden axe i had on my computer emulator thing (yeah i subscriped to that free month of gameplay or wtvr it was called) so i remember that.

this weekend ill have to get streets of rage

If I were you I'd wait for some better games.

Golden Axe just isn't fun anymore unless you have extreme nostalgia for it and Streets of Rage is too inferior to its sequels.

I LOVED SoR. I will def. be getting that and Sonic when I get my CC.

SoR 3, such a classic...

although i would like to see all of them, and golden axe.

probably my favorite megadrive games :smilewinkgrin:

Im in a similar situation although im debating whether Streets of Rage or Super Probotector :D

I think SoR is the way im going though :D

Should be
Streets of rage vs Golden Axe vs (arcade) Final fight vs Double dragon
The big guns all have had at least 3 follow ups there are more side scrollers but some are dull and some are never gona see a home version (sadly Alien vs Predator arcade has never had a home version)

If its the first games id go for Final fight or Double dragon (Have the arcade board)

Seconds (or number twos) id go for Sor one of the finest games ever FF is a close second (SNES)

Thirds Sor again hidden charities (Shiva ftw) multi paths (only one has the ending) FF (whoa all three) its just damn good, Golden Axe this was the best in the trilogy

As for fours
errrrrr
Double dragon was evil
Golden Axe turned into a 2d fighter
SOR was rumored

Fives
DD **** shite shite
Its was also turned into a good 2d fighter buy snk

I defintely want SoR..I used to play it and GA a ton on my buddy's gensis back in the day, but SoR was way more fun and my girlfriend loves it. I want it soon, the damn thing is taking too long to come out.

Theres a intresting game going round called Beats of rage
It is just sor2 but there are some interesting diffrent versions (like the alien vs preditor, asterix or sonic vers)

Back