Power off...orange light???

SoNCSU95

WiiChat Member
Jul 1, 2007
Newbie here, again. When I turn the Wii off, the light indicator is orange. If I unplug it and plug it back in, the indicator light is red. When it's on, the light is green. Is the orange light indicating a problem? Other than the black screen with downloaded games only (another post), everything seems to be working fine.

Red light - On standby with no WiiConnect24
Orange Light - On standby, But you can still recieve messages. If you recieve a new message your Wii CD slot will flash Blue until that message is read.

AUSSIE, I DID do a search. Perhaps I didn't enter the search text exactly as it need to be in order to pull up the other threads. GEE, lightened up and cut the new girl some slack, please!

im not aussie, im tortilla chip. i found those urls just from searching "Orange Light" im not trying to be mean, but some ppl will. sorry if i came across that way. but besides that, welcome to wii chat.

Thanks T-Chip. FYI, I'm 35, my last video game (is that what I should call it?) was a play station 2. I used it as a DVD player! Seriously. And hid the controllers from my nieces and nephews so they wouldn't tear up the game. Well, I did play Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy on it a few times. I got the Wii because a friend had it and I had a blast playing the Wii Sports game. Plain, simple, easy. When video games got controls that consisted of more than a joystick and one button... I sort of fell behind! LOL

Back