Preorder?

Grey, if you pre-order from ebgames, is it shipped from the US or Canada? (and is there duty if its shipped from the us)

I've only pre-ordered 2 games from the stats ($60) and didnt have any duties (but it says you pay duties on anything over $10) (actually nhl 07 for the 360 should be here today :p)

Avais100 said:
But what if you pre-order it and the poeple phone you about a week after its came out?
Umm they will probably stop preorders before they exceed the amount they are getting. So i doubt that will happen
Oh and if you were to preorder, make sure you preorder on the first few days[first come for serve] Is what Gonintendo got from EB/gamestop. So preorder urs when they start preordering lol :p
Or if you can't do it A.S.A.P.[As soon as possible]

soulchief said:
Grey, if you pre-order from ebgames, is it shipped from the US or Canada? (and is there duty if its shipped from the us)

I've only pre-ordered 2 games from the stats ($60) and didnt have any duties (but it says you pay duties on anything over $10) (actually nhl 07 for the 360 should be here today :p)
Umm im trying to understand that question as well as i can.. So your saying that if i preorder it from EB they are going to ship from US/Canada.
Umm actualy they probably have a certain amount of wiis in each store.. probably around 200 at the least. [estimated] And ya... lol So i don't think they will send to you. you gotat go pick it up at th e store if thats what you mean...
*Note: They will phone you the day that your Wii arrives/Other things arrives. They will then ask you to come to the store and get it within a week[Unless you paid fully, you have as much time as you want i think]

Last edited:
Does anyone know if (since im in canada) i have to pay in canadian currency or can i pay in US currency? Maybe thats a question i should ask them directly.

GreyKirby said:
Umm they will probably stop preorders before they exceed the amount they are getting. So i doubt that will happen
Oh and if you were to preorder, make sure you preorder on the first few days[first come for serve] Is what Gonintendo got from EB/gamestop. So preorder urs when they start preordering lol :p
Or if you can't do it A.S.A.P.[As soon as possible]

Umm im trying to understand that question as well as i can.. So your saying that if i preorder it from EB they are going to ship from US/Canada.
Umm actualy they probably have a certain amount of wiis in each store.. probably around 200 at the least. [estimated] And ya... lol So i don't think they will send to you. you gotat go pick it up at th e store if thats what you mean...
*Note: They will phone you the day that your Wii arrives/Other things arrives. They will then ask you to come to the store and get it within a week[Unless you paid fully, you have as much time as you want i think]

I guess I can't preorder in the USA. I haven't played games in a long time . . . for the most part. PR campaigns really just piss me off.

They try to play on your emotions and get you very excited about a product. Then boom, the bigger the shortage . . . the greater the buzz. The longer you have to wait, the bigger the buzz. Daddy and Mommy didn't raise no fool. :)

I don't see what the problem would be to allow pre-orders but . . . they aren't at the moment. I guess I'll have to wait like everyone else. This really doesn't allow for impulse buying at the moment though. :)

DRMARIO said:
if you want to stay safe, the ndont pre-order, unless its a completely trustworhty site, alot of them just send you rubbish, my friend ordered a games console from some dodgy site on the internet, he recieved a box with a brick inside
may i suggest www.liksang.com
i use this for everything, i preordered my ds lite from there, and it came in 5 days,

Did anyone else notice that Liksang has been closed down? That completely and utterly SUCKS :sad:

I've only just started looking properly today and as I'm a UK resident, the deals available on pre-orders are laughable.

I've been cross referencing voucher/coupon sites with pre-order companies but no dice, anyone had any luck at all?

Back