Pro Evo - Wii

Ya...I'm praying to jeebus that this works well. The Wii could do with this being sensational, especially as its a highly respected third party game. I do love Mario, Zelda. Metroid, etc but I really want some AAA titles that are not Nintendo made games.

Also PES is the only way on earth that Ireland can win Euro 2008:)

Konami have scored an own goal (excuse the pun) with the new game as far as PS3 is concerned, its shocking that they have made such little effort, the wii has a chance with this to grab an absolutley huge market and prove it aint just for "casual gamers" lol. Personally I cant wait to play it.

I wonder if you can use the GameCube or Classic Controller of people want to play it "old-skool".

Definitely not on PES Wii, have you saw the video? I'd like to see someone doing that with a normal controller!

But yeah, can't wait to see how this game turns out following the disappointment of Fifa 08 for the Wii. It's annoying though because I've always preferred Fifa, but it changed completely for the Wii, so now I might have to put up with fake names and other annoyances about PES. It has potential though.

Guess so. But you could hold Z and move the D-Pad or C-Stick on the GameCube Controller to the closest player. If it's a long-shot then you can hold down Z for a short period of time and then press some mumbo or tap the D-Pad or C-Stick twice. A bit like FIFA 08 on your Mobile Phone.

Yeah if PES sort out the Licences, It'll be good
I do like to see the names right so I don't have to guess as to who scored

hmmm, i hope the wii controllers dont ruin the game, it looks quite promesing

RadNad said:
Guess so. But you could hold Z and move the D-Pad or C-Stick on the GameCube Controller to the closest player. If it's a long-shot then you can hold down Z for a short period of time and then press some mumbo or tap the D-Pad or C-Stick twice. A bit like FIFA 08 on your Mobile Phone.
I don't think it'd work with this, it looks hard enough using the Wiimote. But the idea of this game is that you can literally put the ball anywhere on the pitch where you like, allowing you to put the ball into space, make players run into space and take defenders away by doing so, etc. I don't think you could do that with a controller, it would be just too hard getting it accurate enough with an analog stick or d-pad to be a worthy game. With the Wiimote however, it is possible.

zapasant93 said:
hmmm, i hope the wii controllers dont ruin the game, it looks quite promesing
I don't think the Wii controllers have a chance of ruining this game, they make the game! Without them, this idea would just not be possible. It's a very clever, but brave idea. If it works, we could be seeing the best football game ever, with the most accurate and exciting play system to date, but there is also the chance that it might not work, and it's back to the drawing board for developers to think how to implement a football game on the Wii with good controls. Let's hope it works! Can't wait to try it out.

The cursor would have to be pretty fast on the screen to choose where to pass, and it would take a while to get used to using. Also moving the players around would take a while as well.

Well I'm guessing the Nunchuk will still be used like a standard controller to move the highlighted player.

One aspect that is genius is that you won't have to worry about what buttons are short pass and long pass. Simply passing to a player out on the wing triggers an automatic long pass over the heads of your players in between.

If Konami gets this right or even nearly right then we may be about to get our hands on the greatest version of football ever made on any console!

Can't wait for kick off!

Back