Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pro Evo - Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by slash2k01, Nov 16, 2007.

1. slash2k01

slash2k01 WiiChat Member

I have just watched the demo of the control system for PES wii on you tube and it looks like it could be a revelation. If they get this right it may just be one of nintendo and Konami's crowning moments. Anyone else seen it?, opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXinL_d2ynk

2. hideous.ap

hideous.ap WiiChat Member

Ya...I'm praying to jeebus that this works well. The Wii could do with this being sensational, especially as its a highly respected third party game. I do love Mario, Zelda. Metroid, etc but I really want some AAA titles that are not Nintendo made games.

Also PES is the only way on earth that Ireland can win Euro 2008:)

3. slash2k01

slash2k01 WiiChat Member

Konami have scored an own goal (excuse the pun) with the new game as far as PS3 is concerned, its shocking that they have made such little effort, the wii has a chance with this to grab an absolutley huge market and prove it aint just for "casual gamers" lol. Personally I cant wait to play it.

4. RadNad

RadNad Get The Funk In The Car!

I wonder if you can use the GameCube or Classic Controller of people want to play it "old-skool".

5. Lewi T

Lewi T WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Definitely not on PES Wii, have you saw the video? I'd like to see someone doing that with a normal controller!

But yeah, can't wait to see how this game turns out following the disappointment of Fifa 08 for the Wii. It's annoying though because I've always preferred Fifa, but it changed completely for the Wii, so now I might have to put up with fake names and other annoyances about PES. It has potential though.

6. RadNad

RadNad Get The Funk In The Car!

Guess so. But you could hold Z and move the D-Pad or C-Stick on the GameCube Controller to the closest player. If it's a long-shot then you can hold down Z for a short period of time and then press some mumbo or tap the D-Pad or C-Stick twice. A bit like FIFA 08 on your Mobile Phone.

7. Wii_Smurf

Wii_Smurf No.1 Smurf

0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah if PES sort out the Licences, It'll be good
    I do like to see the names right so I don't have to guess as to who scored

8. zapasant

zapasant Where is your god now?

Wii Friend Code: 2887-9874-6238-6951
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    hmmm, i hope the wii controllers dont ruin the game, it looks quite promesing

9. Yeungy

Yeungy WiiChat Member

So many good games coming out at start of 2008, for Australia that is... There is SSBB, BWII and now PES 08.

10. Lewi T

Lewi T WiiChat Member

0000-0000-0000-0000
    I don't think it'd work with this, it looks hard enough using the Wiimote. But the idea of this game is that you can literally put the ball anywhere on the pitch where you like, allowing you to put the ball into space, make players run into space and take defenders away by doing so, etc. I don't think you could do that with a controller, it would be just too hard getting it accurate enough with an analog stick or d-pad to be a worthy game. With the Wiimote however, it is possible.

I don't think the Wii controllers have a chance of ruining this game, they make the game! Without them, this idea would just not be possible. It's a very clever, but brave idea. If it works, we could be seeing the best football game ever, with the most accurate and exciting play system to date, but there is also the chance that it might not work, and it's back to the drawing board for developers to think how to implement a football game on the Wii with good controls. Let's hope it works! Can't wait to try it out.

11. JAKE196

JAKE196 Cogito Ergo Sum

wow this looks pretty sweet.

12. anthonym2006

anthonym2006 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6124-9631-1627-3356
    6124-9631-1627-3356
    EA is much better and also there are too many lines in PES

13. Yeungy

Yeungy WiiChat Member

The cursor would have to be pretty fast on the screen to choose where to pass, and it would take a while to get used to using. Also moving the players around would take a while as well.

14. hideous.ap

hideous.ap WiiChat Member

Well I'm guessing the Nunchuk will still be used like a standard controller to move the highlighted player.

One aspect that is genius is that you won't have to worry about what buttons are short pass and long pass. Simply passing to a player out on the wing triggers an automatic long pass over the heads of your players in between.

If Konami gets this right or even nearly right then we may be about to get our hands on the greatest version of football ever made on any console!

Can't wait for kick off!

15. Yeungy

Yeungy WiiChat Member

I also love the fact that it's completely different to other versions on different consoles.

16. killik119

killik119 Quality Control.

Wii Friend Code: 3480-6187-2679-2938
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    this looks awesome... these controls are gonna be revolutionary. this will make ps3 and 360 soccer games look feeble

17. anthonym2006

anthonym2006 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6124-9631-1627-3356
    6124-9631-1627-3356
    I like FIFA 08 so much more better. I don't like how you point at the screen to initiate a pass or that you have to shake the Nunchuk to shoot. It does not mimic the reality of true soccer. Think about it, Do you shake your leg to kick the ball OR Does your foot have an upward motion (like in FIFA 08 you Flick the wii remote up or down to initiate a shot). This is just my opinion and I don't speak for everyone. I'm sure many people will enjoy the game. It's just that I am an EA fan and I feel that PES 08 is more budget version of FIFA 08. I would really prefer if there was only one soccer game, but I guess there would be no competition.

18. Lewi T

Lewi T WiiChat Member

0000-0000-0000-0000
    To be fair you can't really say that Fifa 08 has 'lifelike' motions. Sure you might, in some weird sense, flick your foot up when you shoot
    (in all honesty you don't, really, do you), but what about a finesse shot? You don't flick your foot down in real life...the only real lifelike motion is the throw-ins, but they're just annoying. It's one of the most pointless aspects of the game in my opinion, it's pretty good like the first five times but after that it just gets in the way really.

I've also thought about the shaking of the Nunchuck to shoot, this could be PES's downfall as the shooting in Fifa was pretty much abysmal. But the passing of the ball and making player runs, from what it looks like, is breathtaking. No football game has ever came close to that realism. I am really excited about this idea.

I definitely however wouldn't prefer there only to be one football game, as competition leads to better products. What would happen if you didn't like the one football game that was out? If it was just Fifa out I'd be pretty annoyed because Fifa 08 on the Wii is awful. Don't get me wrong, I've always preferred Fifa, but this iteration, for the Wii, just didn't perform.

19. Dazza81

Dazza81 WiiChat Member

Unfortunately I don't think this will be a great game. I love PES and have loved it since PES 3. It is tonnes better than FIFA, in every aspect, but its natural home is the PS2.

I might consider buying this only if it supports the classical controller.

20. killik119

killik119 Quality Control.

Wii Friend Code: 3480-6187-2679-2938
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    fifa 08 let me down, when you wanted to run in and kick the ball... you would tackle a player. this, among other things, were the reason why fifa just didnt really keep me going, i stopped playing after a brief time. but PES 08 is obviously going to have alot more strategy involved, see how you could free run to space then have it passed for an open goal? this is a simple example, but i can just imagine the plays you could pull off using this system that you couldnt do playing fifa. this game will use more concentration if you want to do something spectacular, and setting up goals will take smarts... not being able to press the button (or swing for wii soccer games) to randomly set up goals like in traditional soccer games.

when i play traditional soccer games with friends, the scores get could amount to 10 or 15, thats just how simple it is to run in and score. this will change with PED08, where you can set up magnificent goals and live in saticfaction after successfully converting.

i like fifa as much as the next soccer hungry guy, but after seeing this... my standards are growing much higher.