Pro Evo - Wii

this looks awesome... these controls are gonna be revolutionary. this will make ps3 and 360 soccer games look feeble

killik119 said:
this looks awesome... these controls are gonna be revolutionary. this will make ps3 and 360 soccer games look feeble
I like FIFA 08 so much more better. I don't like how you point at the screen to initiate a pass or that you have to shake the Nunchuk to shoot. It does not mimic the reality of true soccer. Think about it, Do you shake your leg to kick the ball OR Does your foot have an upward motion (like in FIFA 08 you Flick the wii remote up or down to initiate a shot). This is just my opinion and I don't speak for everyone. I'm sure many people will enjoy the game. It's just that I am an EA fan and I feel that PES 08 is more budget version of FIFA 08. I would really prefer if there was only one soccer game, but I guess there would be no competition.

anthonym2006 said:
I like FIFA 08 so much more better. I don't like how you point at the screen to initiate a pass or that you have to shake the Nunchuk to shoot. It does not mimic the reality of true soccer. Think about it, Do you shake your leg to kick the ball OR Does your foot have an upward motion (like in FIFA 08 you Flick the wii remote up or down to initiate a shot). This is just my opinion and I don't speak for everyone. I'm sure many people will enjoy the game. It's just that I am an EA fan and I feel that PES 08 is more budget version of FIFA 08. I would really prefer if there was only one soccer game, but I guess there would be no competition.
To be fair you can't really say that Fifa 08 has 'lifelike' motions. Sure you might, in some weird sense, flick your foot up when you shoot
(in all honesty you don't, really, do you), but what about a finesse shot? You don't flick your foot down in real life...the only real lifelike motion is the throw-ins, but they're just annoying. It's one of the most pointless aspects of the game in my opinion, it's pretty good like the first five times but after that it just gets in the way really.

I've also thought about the shaking of the Nunchuck to shoot, this could be PES's downfall as the shooting in Fifa was pretty much abysmal. But the passing of the ball and making player runs, from what it looks like, is breathtaking. No football game has ever came close to that realism. I am really excited about this idea.

I definitely however wouldn't prefer there only to be one football game, as competition leads to better products. What would happen if you didn't like the one football game that was out? If it was just Fifa out I'd be pretty annoyed because Fifa 08 on the Wii is awful. Don't get me wrong, I've always preferred Fifa, but this iteration, for the Wii, just didn't perform.

Unfortunately I don't think this will be a great game. I love PES and have loved it since PES 3. It is tonnes better than FIFA, in every aspect, but its natural home is the PS2.

I might consider buying this only if it supports the classical controller.

anthonym2006 said:

fifa 08 let me down, when you wanted to run in and kick the ball... you would tackle a player. this, among other things, were the reason why fifa just didnt really keep me going, i stopped playing after a brief time. but PES 08 is obviously going to have alot more strategy involved, see how you could free run to space then have it passed for an open goal? this is a simple example, but i can just imagine the plays you could pull off using this system that you couldnt do playing fifa. this game will use more concentration if you want to do something spectacular, and setting up goals will take smarts... not being able to press the button (or swing for wii soccer games) to randomly set up goals like in traditional soccer games.

when i play traditional soccer games with friends, the scores get could amount to 10 or 15, thats just how simple it is to run in and score. this will change with PED08, where you can set up magnificent goals and live in saticfaction after successfully converting.

i like fifa as much as the next soccer hungry guy, but after seeing this... my standards are growing much higher.

Dazza81 said:
Unfortunately I don't think this will be a great game. I love PES and have loved it since PES 3. It is tonnes better than FIFA, in every aspect, but its natural home is the PS2.

I might consider buying this only if it supports the classical controller.
That's the old-style PES. You should think of this as a completely new football game, as it is a totally new approach to the PES formula. But seeing as Konami have already had great success with the original PES games, you would think they have the ability to pull this one off - and I really hope they do. It would be easy to compare this to other PES games but I don't think that's the point, it is something completely different, and if you love football, and football games, it is worth keeping an eye out for.

killik119 said:
fifa 08 let me down, when you wanted to run in and kick the ball... you would tackle a player. this, among other things, were the reason why fifa just didnt really keep me going, i stopped playing after a brief time. but PES 08 is obviously going to have alot more strategy involved, see how you could free run to space then have it passed for an open goal? this is a simple example, but i can just imagine the plays you could pull off using this system that you couldnt do playing fifa. this game will use more concentration if you want to do something spectacular, and setting up goals will take smarts... not being able to press the button (or swing for wii soccer games) to randomly set up goals like in traditional soccer games.

when i play traditional soccer games with friends, the scores get could amount to 10 or 15, thats just how simple it is to run in and score. this will change with PED08, where you can set up magnificent goals and live in saticfaction after successfully converting.

i like fifa as much as the next soccer hungry guy, but after seeing this... my standards are growing much higher.
Finally! Somebody that feels the same way as I do about Fifa 08 Wii! It has really disappointed me and I haven't played it in ages, I've gone back to playing Fifa 07 GC!

It's quite simple - PES Wii could be the greatest football game ever created, or, it might just not work.

Lewi T said:
That's the old-style PES. You should think of this as a completely new football game, as it is a totally new approach to the PES formula. But seeing as Konami have already had great success with the original PES games, you would think they have the ability to pull this one off - and I really hope they do. It would be easy to compare this to other PES games but I don't think that's the point, it is something completely different, and if you love football, and football games, it is worth keeping an eye out for.

Finally! Somebody that feels the same way as I do about Fifa 08 Wii! It has really disappointed me and I haven't played it in ages, I've gone back to playing Fifa 07 GC!

It's quite simple - PES Wii could be the greatest football game ever created, or, it might just not work.
PES wii will have the Real Madrid (my favourite team) stadium, Santiago Barnabeu. Fifa 08 doesnt have it but I'm not really disappaointed.

P.S. Barcelona Sucks

Lewi T said:
To be fair you can't really say that Fifa 08 has 'lifelike' motions. Sure you might, in some weird sense, flick your foot up when you shoot
(in all honesty you don't, really, do you), but what about a finesse shot? You don't flick your foot down in real life...the only real lifelike motion is the throw-ins, but they're just annoying. It's one of the most pointless aspects of the game in my opinion, it's pretty good like the first five times but after that it just gets in the way really.

I've also thought about the shaking of the Nunchuck to shoot, this could be PES's downfall as the shooting in Fifa was pretty much abysmal. But the passing of the ball and making player runs, from what it looks like, is breathtaking. No football game has ever came close to that realism. I am really excited about this idea.

I definitely however wouldn't prefer there only to be one football game, as competition leads to better products. What would happen if you didn't like the one football game that was out? If it was just Fifa out I'd be pretty annoyed because Fifa 08 on the Wii is awful. Don't get me wrong, I've always preferred Fifa, but this iteration, for the Wii, just didn't perform.
what I am trying to say is that I am not going to buy PES 08 when I already have FIFA 08 like some people might do. I don't see anything wrong with FIFA 08 except for that there is no season mode, just tournaments. Other than that it's a great game.

anthonym2006 said:
what I am trying to say is that I am not going to buy PES 08 when I already have FIFA 08 like some people might do. I don't see anything wrong with FIFA 08 except for that there is no season mode, just tournaments. Other than that it's a great game.
I wish I could play Fifa 08 and think it was a great game! But when I play I see and feel so many flaws, that it almost becomes unplayable at times. The lack of a season mode doesn't particularly bother me, it's just the gameplay, for me, is poor.

I too am looking forward to this game. The controls are different and you appear to be able to control more players. It is kinda worrying if all this could lead to confusion while playing, but at least it is a new style of football!

i think it looks good!! it will be much fun to play in this way!!

if the controls really work like that, then PES wii is good!!

Back