Problem with internet help!!!! PLZ

HelpMeGetWii

Wanter of Wii
Feb 3, 2007
Langley, Canada
ok this is a pretty wierd problem. my internet works and everything but when i call some1 with my house phone and try to connect to the internet on the wii it doesn't work, then when i turn off my phone and try to connect it works again.

any1 have any similar problems?

ps my phone is wireless

Nope.. 5.4ghz phones only here...

802.11a runs around 5ghz, all else uses 2.4ghz... You might want to go into your wireless router settings and change the channel to 1 or 11, if that still doesn't work, try channel 6.

Let me know how that works out.

isnt that called Dial-Up? lol i dunno.. where you use your phone for internet... and you cant talk on the phone at the same time when your using your internet.. yeahhh.. i think thats called Dial-Up.. lol

Yah.

That's Dial Up, WWL2P.

They're Too Many Gigahertz, Decimals, And Numbers For Me To Help Here. :lol:

WiiWouldLike2Play said:
isnt that called Dial-Up? lol i dunno.. where you use your phone for internet... and you cant talk on the phone at the same time when your using your internet.. yeahhh.. i think thats called Dial-Up.. lol
uhh no.... i can use my internet on my computer while i use my phone sooo yeah i don't have dial-up

yeah my channel was at 6 before but it didn't work so i changed it to channel 1 do u think channel 11 would fix my problem

802.11b and 802.11g both use the 2.4ghz range, which is the same as many cordless phones. I used to get kicked off my wireless connection all the time when someone used the phone until I bought my own place.

Basically, the phones and Wii are trying to use the same airwaves.

dakuda said:
802.11b and 802.11g both use the 2.4ghz range, which is the same as many cordless phones. I used to get kicked off my wireless connection all the time when someone used the phone until I bought my own place.

Basically, the phones and Wii are trying to use the same airwaves.
so changing channels won't do anything?

Back