Problems with my Wii

grahamgoh

WiiChat Member
Nov 30, 2006
New Albany, IN
So I got my Wii last week, and its internet connection was working just fine.
I did all the system upgrades, and even downloaded a few games from the virtual store.

now it seems that the virtual store won't connect, and any time i go to the News channel, it asks if i want to upgrade, only then to tell me that there are no upgrades available.

Everything else is working ok, my internet connection test are successful, and the forecast channel works fine...

My brother's Wii now has the internet channel, and I really want to get it too.

Any idea what's going on???

grahamgoh said:
any time i go to the News channel, it asks if i want to upgrade, only then to tell me that there are no upgrades available.

Basically your telling us your a dumbass who can't use the search feature to find that the News channel isn't active yet. Correct?

aab11e53-search-jpg.jpg

Man over and over nothing but smart ass replies from csiguy... now i know why wiichat has the ignore feature...

I have got the same problem (minus the news channel bit). Yesterday it was all working dandy, even the Internet Channel, and now everything except the Shop channel works.

I have Wii points and want to buy Mario 64, but I can't get onto the shop channel - there's no error, and it just sits there saying connecting for ages, and seemingly crashes (the power button on the remote stops working, and to turn the Wii off the power button on the front has to be held down for 3 seconds).

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I agree, I changed my router from 6 to 1 then now the shopping channel connects everytime. Happy New Year!

Back