Project M Discussion Thread

If I did anything to offend you, I'm sorry man. I really have been busy all day. I left at noon, got back at 4:40, watched the UK game with my family, took a nap, and now I'm here.

If I did anything to offend you, I'm sorry man.
No, not really. Just a statement. Unless it's an absolute "NO I WILL NEVER DO IT SO SHUT UP," please don't ignore me.

I understand how you would feel when I VM'd you when I was a n00b, asking for FCs.....but now I'm (a bit) less of that person.

You did U-smash -> Force Palm at least once. Therefore, your Lucario knowledge is already vaster than mine.

I'll be sure to give confirmation that I've read said VMs whenever it happens again.
Thanks.

Also, Lucario. what are his best strings?
I have really short and simple combos but I'll tell you anyway.

Usually at low percentages I will attempt a Dash Attack > U-Tilt > U-Smash > F/U/N-Air. (Fun air? Seems legit.)
At higher percentages I do Dash Attack > U-Tilt > F/D-Smash. But it seems this is really easy to DI out of.
Sometimes I will do Dash Attack > D-Tilt > F-Smash but mostly I don't rely on D-Tilt.
The site shows Dash Attack > U-Tilt(?) > U-Smash > F-Air > Side-B, but I've only been able to successfully do that offline.

U-smash is also jump cancelable. I find that character really hard to play online. I know Tatsu kills at around 100%, so I'm curious if you can Shoryuken -> Jump Cancel Tastu to get a quick finisher. I'll have to look more into him.

waitwut

It's possible for Lucario to go straight from U-Smash to Side-B? I thought you had to jump every time.

All Smashes are cancel-able into Specials... as are any other normals. One could probably do somethin' with U-smash -> Up-B cancel -> ? at mid percents.

I'm curious if you can Shoryuken -> Jump Cancel Tastu

If that does work (I've tried it a million times online, and I'm pretty sure even if you're frame-perfect offline it don't work), I think it's only at low/mid percents.

Huh. So it is possible.

Personally I find U-Smash > Jump > Side-B more effective, because timing the Side-B transition from U-Smash incorrectly looks punishable.

Why Pichu should be in Project M
vrbvgSs.gif

Back