Project M Discussion Thread

Thanks for the explanation
And thanks for working on Project M

Haha. It's no problem. I try to do what I can, I suppose. If you want to thank the team, feel free to send them an email @ [email protected]

Quite well-written. Though I wonder how many casuals will have the attention span to learn anythin' from it... I ain't as well spoken as ya, but I haven't successfully explained what the metagame is t' all-that many people. 'Least, not in my own words.

Casuals don't have short attention spans. :V

They just don't care for competitive stuff.

And even then, they have something to learn from this.

Metagaming is a pretty easy thing to explain. I just like hearing myself talk. This is mostly because I get excited about things and ramble on.

'Ey Neko, was there any particularly strong reasoning why y'all didn't go crazy with Olimar and give 'em an immensely changed moveset (aesthetically and otherwise)?

... I'm assumin' most of the moves we ain't seen from 'em aren't changed all-that much, so please do correct me if that's an incorrect assumption.

Casuals don't have short attention spans. :V

They just don't care for competitive stuff.

S'pose that's what I meant, they've a short attention span for competitivenessess topics.

This is mostly because I get excited about things and ramble on.

Tell me about it.

... dont mean that literally lul

Two new questions,
So does Snake's new cigarette taunt have a secondary use, like second hand smoke damage or something more potent like Samus' Beam Swap Taunt (Nikita swap with Tranq and vice versa)?
And can you start a match as Ice Samus?

'Ey Neko, was there any particularly strong reasoning why y'all didn't go crazy with Olimar and give 'em an immensely changed moveset (aesthetically and otherwise)?

... I'm assumin' most of the moves we ain't seen from 'em aren't changed all-that much, so please do correct me if that's an incorrect assumption.

S'pose that's what I meant, they've a short attention span for competitivenessess topics.

Tell me about it.

... dont mean that literally lul

It was just the design choice of the guys working on Olimar. Like MK, they didn't feel the need to completely revamp his moveset. Same with a lot of newcomers actually.

As for the metagame thing, I suppose. I really wouldnt call it a competitive topic, but i'm jaded as I look at everything from a game designer's perspective haha.

AND PLEASE. Don't get me started on talking about things I love. You'd drown in text.

Two new questions,
So does Snake's new cigarette taunt have a secondary use, like second hand smoke damage or something more potent like Samus' Beam Swap Taunt (Nikita swap with Tranq and vice versa)?
And can you start a match as Ice Samus?

Snake cig can edgeguard as when he flicks it, it has a hitbox that semi spikes.

Starting with Ice samus is something we're considering doing actually.

Wow that was a fast response

Wut....
That is friggin' dope

Starting with Ice samus is something we're considering doing actually.
YESZ!!!

So from the looks of it, Ice Samus is quicker and has less ending lag but Plasma Samus is more powerful but has more ending lag. Is that pretty much it or is there something else entirely?

It's not the clear cut hahaha. They're deff different though, but how they work is simply more than just speed differences.
I do see different hitboxes that's for sure, I also forgot the change in knockback direction for the Down Smash.

Will the Beam Swap eventually change Samus' Charge Shot and Missiles or will it stay exclusive to the A button?
And is it possible that we could get another Beam Swap in the future?

I do see different hitboxes that's for sure, I also forgot the change in knockback direction for the Down Smash.

Will the Beam Swap eventually change Samus' Charge Shot and Missiles or will it stay exclusive to the A button?
And is it possible that we could get another Beam Swap in the future?

Who knows for sure... :V

As for the metagame thing, I suppose. I really wouldnt call it a competitive topic, but i'm jaded as I look at everything from a game designer's perspective haha.

That's probably the biggest reason why I've never had any motivation to pursue game design. Don't think it'd cull my competitive passions, but otherwise...

But that's certainly an interesting topic, what developers think of their games' metagame. I'd love to have some insight as to how development goes down for... well, developing and workin' towards creating an intended metagame 'n other such jazz. Assumin' it's a larger process than playtest, nerf/buff, repeat... which I'd hope it is for most games.

You'd drown in text.

T'is why I love the internets.

Taunt KOs are best KOs. :lol: Does it replace Snake's D-taunt, the one where the box can also be used as a pseudo-edgeguarding tool (which definitely doesn't work... not in vBrawl anyways)?

I also forgot the change in knockback direction for the Down Smash.

D-tilt*

Taunt KOs are best KOs. :lol: Does it replace Snake's D-taunt, the one where the box can also be used as a pseudo-edgeguarding tool (which definitely doesn't work... not in vBrawl anyways)?
They better not touch the box. That is Snake's icon.
Also, it would be funny if you can crawl with the box using the left and right taunt buttons.

Yeah that one
Just goes to show, I need to play Samus more to refresh my memory.

Hey guys, I'm on for some Project:M Friendlies if anyone is interested. I'm probably gonna suck, so feel free to play some of your worse characters.

Back