Project M Discussion Thread

Hey, MR's Marth was able to Counter my Aether three times in a row. That shows that I'm still a scrub even if I don't intentionally spam it. -_-

Nothin' to forget, as I know absolutely ****-all 'bout P:M Zamus.

I've occasionally used Homing Attack for soft reads in tech chases. I take it that's far less than optimal? Also used it for off-stage edge guarding sometimes, but I'm well aware that Neutral B edgeguarding is a scrubby, sub-par tactic lol.

Speakin' of scrubby tactics, you ever find a use for RARing with Sonic's B-air? Since N-air ain't **** like it is in vBrawl, I've never felt like I need to RAR.

ZSS is tight. Oro is the homie.

Unless you're using Blast attack for Hardreads, using nB at all for reads is not a good idea. Tech chase grabs all day! Or if possible, dash cancel dtilt/dsmash.

Off stage is okay. It has it's moments where it's a good idea, but usually it's better to use an aerial or spring.

RARing is something that I don't do too often outside of WDs. It's a style issue, because I prefer doing moonwalk bairs instead of RAR bairs haha. RAR Bair is a good thing to do when spaced since it can be hard to punish, unlike nair which is babies to punish.

Touching Sonic's Neutral B at all is scrubby.

Hey. HEY. No.

tragoplz

ZSS is tight.

Aye. But also technical, as I found out when I first tried 'er during my first few days of P:M. Big ol' nope.avi. :lol: Movement's never been my strong point. Platforms are my bane...

RARing is something that I don't do too often outside of WDs. It's a style issue, because I prefer doing moonwalk bairs instead of RAR bairs haha. RAR Bair is a good thing to do when spaced since it can be hard to punish, unlike nair which is babies to punish.

The best kind'a issue. :lol: S'pose I should put some work int' moonwalkin' myself... life ain't complete 'til you've landed a moonwalk Knee KO.

Now that ya mention, I think I have RAR B-air'd in the neutral game with Sonic just t' have a hitbox out there. S'pose that came naturally since I was a [STRIKE]Wolf[/STRIKE] B-air main in vBrawl.

Oh, and would ya have any tips to help a lackluster Wolf player like myself improve? 'Sides implementing his shine int' my game. Currently workin' on that (very slowly).

YES. The move sucks. Just like vBrawl Ice Climbers and their infinite chain grabs. People spam it too much.

ಠ_ಠ

Aye. But also technical, as I found out when I first tried 'er during my first few days of P:M. Big ol' nope.avi. :lol: Movement's never been my strong point. Platforms are my bane...

The best kind'a issue. :lol: S'pose I should put some work int' moonwalkin' myself... life ain't complete 'til you've landed a moonwalk Knee KO.

Now that ya mention, I think I have RAR B-air'd in the neutral game with Sonic just t' have a hitbox out there. S'pose that came naturally since I was a [STRIKE]Wolf[/STRIKE] B-air main in vBrawl.

Oh, and would ya have any tips to help a lackluster Wolf player like myself improve? 'Sides implementing his shine int' my game. Currently workin' on that (very slowly).

Movement and Platforms? That's really going to hurt haha.

For wolf? Uh...

Shine is really important, so I wouldnt start anywhere else but there for mastering wolf. Proper usage of his normals is straight forward lol.

I mean you could practice wavelanding out of SHFF Blaster, but...I feel that's harder than shine shenanigans.

I can already waveland a SHFF Blaster consistently. Did it once by accident 'fore I knew 'bout it lol.

My only issue on the way to gettin' well-versed with Wolf's Reflector is 'cause of how differently it works in vBrawl. When I was even more of a scrubby P:M player and first started playin', I incubated the bad habit of ignorin' his shine since I didn't know what to do with it. As such, I need t' breed the muscle memory and reactionary usage back into my playstyle. So yeah, slow learnin's. That, and I need t' get my fins into training mode and learn what the hell I can even follow up shine with...

Speakin' of follow-ups, is waveshining useful for Wolf in a similar/the same way it is for the other spacies? Shield pressure, Falco's pillaring, etc.?

I am pretty sure Wolf is capable Pillar'er. But more akin to the Fox Pillar with short hops.

So I was thinking what would be the use of a taunt that deals 1% damage. Then I had a funny thought. What if it did 1% damage through second hand smoke?

I can already waveland a SHFF Blaster consistently. Did it once by accident 'fore I knew 'bout it lol.

My only issue on the way to gettin' well-versed with Wolf's Reflector is 'cause of how differently it works in vBrawl. When I was even more of a scrubby P:M player and first started playin', I incubated the bad habit of ignorin' his shine since I didn't know what to do with it. As such, I need t' breed the muscle memory and reactionary usage back into my playstyle. So yeah, slow learnin's. That, and I need t' get my fins into training mode and learn what the hell I can even follow up shine with...

Speakin' of follow-ups, is waveshining useful for Wolf in a similar/the same way it is for the other spacies? Shield pressure, Falco's pillaring, etc.?

Yeah, you just gotta practice that tech skill then. I suggest turning on input assist and playing with that for a bit, if you don't already.

Waveshining is useful for wolf. Sometimes in the same way as Falco, because just like Falco, waveshining fastfallers with the wrong DI leads into another shine and repeat until they DI properly or they accrue too much damage, in which you go into an aerial like nair or dair to bring them back down to the ground to follow up, or you can go into uair for juggles into whatever, or platform tech chase, and more.

The list is kinda expansive haha.

Shield pressure is definately a thing. Shine Grab is more plausible with Wolf because you can CC his shine until like...uh...idk 40-60%? If they CC the shine, they wont go anywhere, so you can Shine Grab under these percents if you expect a CC.

I havnt seen anyone CC a shine in a while tho. Idk if its because they dont expect it to work, or they forgot it works or what. So I'd suggest testing what percents they can CC at if they can at all. As the last time I've seen it happen was a long time ago as there are like nooo wolves in the wild haha.

Neko, will alternative costumes affect the sc_selcharacter_en in the common5.pac? Meaning, can I still use CSPs and such without changing them?

I really need t' use U-air more... another bad habit of ignorin' a move, bred from my Brawl - P:M transition. U-air juggled aplomb back in vBrawl, but the move's changed knockback angle had me puzzled at first.

input assist

I'm assumin' you mean that there buffer thing that appears on the character select screen as a damage %, each 10% representing a buffered frame (i am the bestest at technical speek). Can't say I know how t' turn it on, but I'd rather not anyways. If ya ain't frame perfect, ya ain't good enough.

... Says the online warrior.

I'll just practice waveshining offline, then jump outta the fire and int' the frying pan for some Wi-Fi matches. Input assists be damned. Not that I'll complain if someone else turns it on first.

I am going to miss Snake's Nikita but I can't wait to test out his stun gun.

So Olimar is limited to 4 Pikmin.

I guess the Nikita was just too good so instead they replaced it with a Tranq Gun. So much stage control.

Anyway I guess it works like Zerosuit's Neutral B except it can't charge.
Also, I think Pikmin also have elemental damage when in bloom.

Last edited:
Back