Project M Discussion Thread

I gave Wifi a shot recently. It was not very fun, but my experience was soured beyond repair when I managed to get to GFs of a wifi tourney in WINNERS bracket. I dropped a set, but because it was late and the TO didn't feel like doing his job anymore, he counted that 1 set loss as 2 sets lost. And the other guy was like, "Nah. I'll take my win. I'm not gonna risk losing it to you."
Ouch,
Well we don't hold any tournaments online here, only friendlies. Although the lag can kill your Wifi experience again.
I just use online play to have fun. Competitive fun.

Also, a lot of Melee vets are waiting for the game to finalize as they are hesitant to put time into a game that changes every few months. Which is fair. I wish they'd play and put up with changes, like the FGC does. It allows them the chance to learn MUs and nuances, while providing feedback, but hey. I'm a crazy guy. What do I know.
That makes sense. Although even after it's finalized they will probably still make minor tweaks.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
not sure if yes, or no

So, which characters are you guys going to try first?
For me:
1. Samus
2. Roy
3. Mewtwo
4. Kirby
5. Yoshi
1. Roy
2. Mewtwo
3. Samus
4. Kirby
5. Possibly Yoshi

Olimar, Ice Climbers, and Yoshi were my three most hated vBrawl characters. It's why I never complained when I saw Project M didn't have them.
But Kirby was a favorite among my family, and so I'm a bit happy for it(?)'s return and I might enjoy playing it myself.

not sure if yes, or no
ヽ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ノ

Samus and Kirby are probably going to be the ones that most people find engaging.

Roy and Mewtwo require a certain finesse in their utilization, especially Mewtwo as he's a pretty technical character.

IC and Olimar are simply unpopular, and ICs are doing to require some tech skill too, so I feel they'll be the least played.

But who knows for sure.

I can only imagine Roy will receive a ****ton of attention regardless, 'least at first. What with his popularity 'n all.

Ice Climbers update:
Huh, so they do have an anti-infinite-grab engine in place. Also, death to Wobbling.

[video=youtube;F2f1NfywR78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2f1NfywR78[/video]

An unrecorded livestream? ... sadfaec

So Snake's new smoking taunt deals 1% damage to himself. Serves him right.

ffs let it go already

What stage? It's not too hard to do on, say, Fountain of Dreams or Yoshi's Story.

Platforms say no.

So, which characters are you guys going to try first?
For me:
1. Samus
2. Roy
3. Mewtwo
4. Kirby
5. Yoshi

Mewtwo, Roy, Kirby, Spamus, then Yoshi. I know I'll be utter ass with Mewtwo at first (and possibly forever), but 'ey, I'm most hyped for the return'a the world's most powerful manmade Pokemon. Spamus 'n Yoshi are at the bottom of the list since I have little faith I'll ever play 'em srsly.

Speakin' of, we need to arrange a time for us t' have a "3.0 newcomers only" session.

I gave Wifi a shot recently. It was not very fun, but my experience was soured beyond repair when I managed to get to GFs of a wifi tourney in WINNERS bracket. I dropped a set, but because it was late and the TO didn't feel like doing his job anymore, he counted that 1 set loss as 2 sets lost. And the other guy was like, "Nah. I'll take my win. I'm not gonna risk losing it to you."

... Fine specimens of the FGC's competitive spirit, those two are. =/ I'd be bloody livid, 'specially if the tourney had prizes for those who placed.

ヽ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ノ
no i'm asking srsly r u part of the pmbr

An unrecorded livestream? ... sadfaec
It's what you get for ignoring the P:M thread before heading off to count yourself some Whimsicott.

ffs let it go already
I didn't realize what you were talking about for a second.....

Yoshi is at the bottom of the list since I have little faith I'll ever play 'em srsly.
Funny because Yoshi is at the bottom of all of our lists, meaning we'll all play him eventually, whereas Ice Climbers and Olimar weren't included at all. :lol:

Speakin' of, we need to arrange a time for us t' have a "3.0 newcomers only" session.
I'm fine with the Tuesday (following release date) after 3:00 or so. Maybe if I'm not busy.

"Maybe" isn't good enough. If ya can't attend a session on Monday's release, you're gettin' left out. >_>

... So, am I the only one who wants a Wind Waker alternate for Ganon?

It's what you get for ignoring the P:M thread before heading off to count yourself some Whimsicott.

> Implyin' I'd willingly murder my sleep schedule for a livestream

Funny because Yoshi is at the bottom of all of our lists, meaning we'll all play him eventually, whereas Ice Climbers and Olimar weren't included at all. :lol:

I've a disdain for both, hence why I didn't recall their existence. Though I'd imagine Lolimar won't be the campy piece'a Feebas he was in vBrawl, for obvious reasons. So perhaps I'll yet set aside my hatred for 'em, since P:M is godlike 'n all.

Last edited:
"Maybe" isn't good enough. If ya can't attend a session on Monday's release, you're gettin' left out. >_>
Depends on the time of release. I'm expecting it to be late at night, and I can't afford that on Mondays.

Past Project M release dates have been going well, like Fridays or the weekend, but Monday is a horrible day for me.

> Implyin' I'd willingly murder my sleep schedule for a livestream
But you would, right? It's worth it.

I've a disdain for both, hence why I didn't recall their existence.
Yesz! Can't wait to see how Melee Kirby will feel like. Wonder if my cousins can handle the change. If not, I'll make them.

Last edited:
GIVE ME THEM SPYELLCASTAHS
http://youtu.be/Z92MxCndZa4?t=2m1s

Laughing_zps1c79ef75.png

'Ey Neko, who do ya main?

... Bit of a stupid question considerin' your avatar, but 'ey. 2.6 nerfs.

Last edited:
Back