Project M Discussion Thread

'Ey Neko, who do ya main?

... Bit of a stupid question considerin' your avatar, but 'ey. 2.6 nerfs.

fusUujH.png

... Am I the only guy that doesn't know who he is?

Apparently, yes. Hahaha.

[STRIKE]TAILS CONFIRMED FOR P:M 4.0[/STRIKE] How'd ya take the 2.6 nerfs? I ain't no Sonic main (rather, I'm a scrub who plays Sonic only t' abuse taunt canceling lawl), but the first time I played 'em in 2.6 all four of my stocks mysteriously disappeared when I'd try to sweetspot the ledge with Side-B... ... ...

And if ya don't mind me throwin' another metagame question your way, what's your stance on Bowser? Curious since I kindasortascrubbily main Boozer, so naturally I wonder if the ubiquitous claims he might be just a tad SS tier have any truth t' them.

The only reason I played Ivy so much was because of the gimics.
They nerfed the ridiculous Vine Whip Hitboxs, I loved the Up-Air Spike (Still exists I think), RANGE AND PRIORITY.

Boozer has too much Heavy Armour

[STRIKE]TAILS CONFIRMED FOR P:M 4.0[/STRIKE] How'd ya take the 2.6 nerfs? I ain't no Sonic main (rather, I'm a scrub who plays Sonic only t' abuse taunt canceling lawl), but the first time I played 'em in 2.6 all four of my stocks mysteriously disappeared when I'd try to sweetspot the ledge with Side-B... ... ...

And if ya don't mind me throwin' another metagame question your way, what's your stance on Bowser? Curious since I kindasortascrubbily main Boozer, and if all'a the claims he might be just a tad SS tier have any truth t' them.

I hated them. I still dislike them immensely. Not because of the nerfs themselves, but because of how his weight is much more exaggerated now. Before, you could have ultimate freedom with spindash shenanigans (which I didnt abuse to the levels of Wizzrobe, but I took great liberty with them) and do a lot of damage. The spindash was fast and hard to react to. And Homing attack. Maaan. So the light weight wasnt really an issue because it didn't mean as much before.

Now, it's like...
"Okay. I'm dash dance camping you for like 30 seconds....aaaaand TIME TO GO I--ah **** got hiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIWHY DID I DIE TO THAT AT LIKE 110%. MY DI WAS SPOT ON."

His poor aerial priority, meh kill game (better in 3.0), easy to cancel meteor, poor priority special game, and his terrible grab range wouldn't be so bright if he weighed more than Peach and Olimar imo.

I've gotten used to it, but it's not as fun as before because I'm an aggressive player who loves rushdown. Mixing up Dash Dance camping into grab combos and spin dash stuff, with while trying to masterfully throw in spin maneuvers, is fun, but the way you do it is too bait and punish for my tastes. lol.

---

My stance on bowser? I'm naturally scared of Bowser because Sonic is ingrained into my psyche. His massive reach, priority and up B is just really intimidating at times. His armor not so much because I'm grab happy. I just kinda need large stages to deal with him comfortably.

But despite all that, I feel that people will eventually have enough experience to deal with bowser on a comfortable level. The problem is that a lot of inexperience against bowser works against your favor more than you'd think. If you don't ban small stages or stages that don't give you a lot of room in the air (like BF, but not PS2) because of bowser on platforms, you're probably going to have a hard time. If you don't learn what to challenge and not to challenge, and learn the ins and outs of his armor system, you're probably going to have a bad time. He demands a lot of respect, even at a low level. And only when you can fearlessly dance in and out of his range to punish him with throw combos, it's going to be tough because you can't really make mistakes. His size means something.

I man you could really lame him out with like projectiles. That works too. It's a lot easier. But it's not a free pass and you still have to know his mechanics, learn his range, and keep a good amount of space between you and bowser.

He's not a character that's leaps and bounds above everyone. He's great, but in a tier list of S, A, and B. He's probably low A, tops.

So stalking you on Smashboards doesn't give anything away.....at least, nothing pops out to me. Still doubting if you're PMBR royalty or not.

Will you be playing Project M online with WiiChat anytime soon?
I know you must be able to handle a lot of requests from your home site, but if you can still manage a few extra space for us, I'd be happy to.

EDIT: Went back to [strike]lurk[/strike] look through the site a bit more. What the hell. WHAT. THE. HELL. (I don't have a Smashboards account.)

So stalking you on Smashboards doesn't give anything away.....at least, nothing pops out to me. Still doubting if you're PMBR royalty or not.

Will you be playing Project M online with WiiChat anytime soon?
I know you must be able to handle a lot of requests from your home site, but if you can still manage a few extra space for us, I'd be happy to.

EDIT: Went back to [strike]lurk[/strike] look through the site a bit more. What the hell. WHAT. THE. HELL. (I don't have a Smashboards account.)

I don't know if I'll get back on wifi for anyone, but hey, who knows what could happen.

I'm not sure what you're referencing to about the home site. Are you talking about taking on server load for the 3.0 launch? Or this still about Wifi haha.

Found you. You have an "M" icon next to your name. Not sure if that means you're PMBR or not, because you're not listed as a mod.

I don't know if I'll get back on wifi for anyone, but hey, who knows what could happen.
You ditched Wi-Fi? Aw, that's a damn shame. Well, know that I'll (... we'll?) be awaiting for whenever you feel like Smashing with us.

I'm not sure what you're referencing to about the home site. Are you talking about taking on server load for the 3.0 launch? Or this still about Wifi haha.
By "home site" I meant Smashboards. And yes, it's still about the Wi-Fi.

If ya do ever return to playin' online, please do gimme the time'a day 'fore the lag turns you off again. The few P:M players that stop by Wiichat are all casuals, and I need t' be thrashed but good every once in awhile as motivation to step up my game. After all, gettin' owned is what got me interested in competitive Smash in the first place (I played vBrawl "competitively" over Wi-Fi for a time... DONT LAUGH).

lol

spindash shenanigans (which I didnt abuse to the levels of Wizzrobe, but I took great liberty with them)

am also guilty of down-b abuse lawl

His poor aerial priority, meh kill game (better in 3.0), easy to cancel meteor, poor priority special game, and his terrible grab range wouldn't be so bright if he weighed more than Peach and Olimar imo.

Didn't know Sonic's lighter in P:M... but my n00bness tells me that's for good reason, since Homing Attack practically does let 'em rival Peach's recovery, yeah?

And speakin' of grab properties, is Sonic's F-throw ever a particularly good option? Never find myself usin' it, even when facing a ledge 'cause D-throw. There ain't no pseudo-chain grabs with F-throw, right? And D-throw is the way t' go for tech-chase regrabs?

Bowser demands a lot of respect, even at a low level.

I've heard similar comments relatively often. S'pose that's why I have success with Boozer, 'sides the fact he's simpler than a Bibarel.

... On the note of "success", Bowser's Snake 'n Ivysaur match-ups. ;_____;

Last edited:
Found you. You have an "M" icon next to your name. Not sure if that means you're PMBR or not, because you're not listed as a mod.

You ditched Wi-Fi? Aw, that's a damn shame. Well, know that I'll (... we'll?) be awaiting for whenever you feel like Smashing with us.

By "home site" I meant Smashboards. And yes, it's still about the Wi-Fi.

The "M" is only for PMBR members. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If ya do ever return to playin' online, please do gimme the time'a day 'fore the lag turns you off again. The few P:M players that stop by Wiichat are all casuals, and I need t' be thrashed but good every once in awhile as motivation to step up my game. After all, gettin' owned is what got me interested in competitive Smash in the first place (I played vBrawl "competitively" over Wi-Fi for a time... DONT LAUGH).

Didn't know Sonic's lighter in P:M... but my n00bness tells me that's for good reason, since Homing Attack practically does let 'em rival Peach's recovery, yeah?

And speakin' of grab properties, is Sonic's F-throw ever a particularly good option? Never find myself usin' it, even when facing a ledge 'cause D-throw. There ain't no pseudo-chain grabs with F-throw, right? And D-throw is the way t' go for tech-chase regrabs?

I've heard similar comments relatively often. S'pose that's why I have success with Boozer, 'sides the fact he's simpler than a Bibarel.

... On the note of "success", Bowser's Snake 'n Ivysaur match-ups. ;_____;

Hey. If I ever get back on wifi, I'll gladly play you guys.

Sonic Homing Attack is really bad. I has start up that you can react to and negative priority meaning that unless you aren't fast enough to get your attack out there, at best homing attack never win, and at worst it will trade. It's really not that good. Blast attack on the other hand...

Prrii gewd.

Fthrow is okay. Positional stuff. Put them off stage. Same with Bthrow. Uthrow/Dthrow are infinitely better. Dthrow for tech chases and uthrow for juggles. Bad DI on fthrow does give you a great positioning.

Don't forget ZSS

Nothin' to forget, as I know absolutely ****-all 'bout P:M Zamus.

Sonic Homing Attack is really bad.

I've occasionally used Homing Attack for soft reads in tech chases. I take it that's far less than optimal? Also used it for off-stage edge guarding sometimes, but I'm well aware that Neutral B edgeguarding is a scrubby, sub-par tactic lol.

Speakin' of scrubby tactics, you ever find a use for RARing with Sonic's B-air? Since N-air ain't **** like it is in vBrawl, I've never felt like I need to RAR.

Back