Project M Discussion Thread

ZSS Kirby hat is a pony tail

Also, LOL Snakes Smoking taunt does 1 percent to him with the proper sound effect

I didn't hear it. Volume was muted as always. Suppose I'll get to it myself when I'm playing Snake.

Did you catch the new Side-B? What was that?

I walked Splash across the whole stage with knees once but I failed to finish him off.

What stage? It's not too hard to do on, say, Fountain of Dreams or Yoshi's Story.

Samus's Z-Air, dat range. No wonder it broke the physics of the entire game.....

FD, from Edge to shining Edge

That was Brawl Zair range. Brawl did add a few new tricks and buffs.
Oh, and Samus' side step is much better in PM than it was in the past.

Last edited:
Super Wavedash has been increased to a two frame window.
I think they killed the extended grab but I guess that's fine because she is so much cooler now.

BTW I think Samus is my Favorite Nintendo Character if I had to choose a favorite.

So, which characters are you guys going to try first?
For me:
1. Samus
2. Roy
3. Mewtwo
4. Kirby
5. Yoshi

Last edited:
... Right?

And if ya don't mind me askin', does Mewtwo's Side B grab through shields as any other command grabs will? I've little knowledge 'bout Melee (absolutely ****-all in regards to low tiers), so I wouldn't know if that's always been a thing.

Yoshi Side B deff has less lag haha.

As for M2 Side B, I don't recall off hand. I want to say yes it goes through shields, but I'm only like 80% sure. Haha.

So uh, how long have you been lurking here?

Ice Climbers update:
Huh, so they do have an anti-infinite-grab engine in place. Also, death to Wobbling.

For a while actually. I kept back to see how long this thread would stay good natured as a lot of more casual/less competitive forums that bring up Project M tend to degenerate.
And IC infinites are gone. Desyncs and Chaingrabs are still a thing, and you could argue to say more important, but that's just my view on it. I don't play ICs, so I can't speak from an objective view.

Alright, now I really am interested in who this guy is......part of the PMBR?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I just saw it work when someone taunt-canceled as Samus. Are you absolutely sure?

EDIT: Interesting notion. Will Kirby be able to use Ivysaur and Lucas's Neutral B? And what would ZSS, Roy, and Mewtwo's hats look like?

Pretty sure taunt-canceled beam switch doesn't switch beams, unless they changed it in the last day, in which I'd have to double check.

@Kirby hats: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For a while actually. I kept back to see how long this thread would stay good natured as a lot of more casual/less competitive forums that bring up Project M tend to degenerate.
Haha, this may be a casual forum but the PM section has the heart of competition. And speaking of that, we do play Project M online and we could always enjoy more competition.

And IC infinites are gone. Desyncs and Chaingrabs are still a thing, and you could argue to say more important, but that's just my view on it. I don't play ICs, so I can't speak from an objective view.
In short, PM IC Mains are going to study Chudat.

I wonder if the addition of the rest of the cast will draw in the rest of the Melee vets into Project M.

I gave Wifi a shot recently. It was not very fun, but my experience was soured beyond repair when I managed to get to GFs of a wifi tourney in WINNERS bracket. I dropped a set, but because it was late and the TO didn't feel like doing his job anymore, he counted that 1 set loss as 2 sets lost. And the other guy was like, "Nah. I'll take my win. I'm not gonna risk losing it to you."

#PJSalt
#fighting_games.wmv

Ruined wifi to the point where I have no desire to get back on haha.

Also, a lot of Melee vets are waiting for the game to finalize as they are hesitant to put time into a game that changes every few months. Which is fair. I wish they'd play and put up with changes, like the FGC does. It allows them the chance to learn MUs and nuances, while providing feedback, but hey. I'm a crazy guy. What do I know.

Back