Project M Discussion Thread

LOL. These posts! Okay. Let me clear some stuff up.

Neko, will alternative costumes affect the sc_selcharacter_en in the common5.pac? Meaning, can I still use CSPs and such without changing them?
Not entirely sure. I'll get back to you on that.

I'm assumin' you mean that there buffer thing that appears on the character select screen as a damage %, each 10% representing a buffered frame (i am the bestest at technical speek). Can't say I know how t' turn it on, but I'd rather not anyways. If ya ain't frame perfect, ya ain't good enough.

... Says the online warrior.

I'll just practice waveshining offline, then jump outta the fire and int' the frying pan for some Wi-Fi matches. Input assists be damned. Not that I'll complain if someone else turns it on first.

We removed individual buffer select. Go into the options menu in versus. Then go into more options. At the bottom, there will be input assist. Use that. It will give you a universal 3f buffer.

I am going to miss Snake's Nikita but I can't wait to test out his stun gun.

So Olimar is limited to 4 Pikmin.

WAITWUT?

However it works, I'm lookin' forward to it since I never use Snake's Nikita (to much success) anyways.

Tranq Gun 2 OP.

I guess the Nikita was just too good so instead they replaced it with a Tranq Gun. So much stage control.

Anyway I guess it works like Zerosuit's Neutral B except it can't charge.
Also, I think Pikmin also have elemental damage when in bloom.

Tranq Gun is better than Nikita. Nikita was pretty bad. It's was either slow an controllable or fast and predictable. Very limited in use, and certain things it did before could be done better with some ingenuity and creativity. It was easy to swat away with an attack as well and left snake extremely vulnerable. Even with the increase in kill potential. It just wasn't a good move.

Not only that, but Tranq Gun is more canon than Nikita in the sense it was the far more frequently used weapon in MGS, as well as the more appropriate one.

And the way that it works is that it will put anyone who is hit and on the ground, into sleep. If you're in the air, it just kinda hits you like a shiek needle. The gun as 3 shots, before Snake has to reload. You can reload prematurely and top off your mag.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounds interesting. I will miss the Nikita because I had soooo much fun with hard reads and attacks from the grab (Grabbing me while a missile is heading for me) not to mention falling missiles from above.

Speaking of Snake, it would be cool if we got a Corpse Camo or a Big Boss costume

The way Tranq Gun works is that it will put anyone who is hit and on the ground, into sleep. If you're in the air, it just kinda hits you like a shiek needle. The gun as 3 shots, before Snake has to reload. You can reload prematurely and top off your mag.

That sounds bloody amazing, 'specially if it's quick enough t' be used in a tech chase. D-Throw -> Tranq -> stick 'em with C4 -> do whatever. Is the sleep mechanic the same as Jiggs' Up-B?

So many Snake changes.

Have any other characters been altered so far? As in, moveset-wise. Speaking of, will Ivysaur ever get a third victory animation?

That sounds bloody amazing, 'specially if it's quick enough t' be used in a tech chase. D-Throw -> Tranq -> stick 'em with C4 -> do whatever. Is the sleep mechanic the same as Jiggs' Up-B?

You talking about the sleep status effect in general? Yes it's the same one.

So many Snake changes.

Have any other characters been altered so far? As in, moveset-wise. Speaking of, will Ivysaur ever get a third victory animation?

Lucario got something neat. :V

Not gonna say what though huehue.

And yea Ivy is probably going to get a win3 eventually.

Do you guys have any other questions for me?
Now that you mention it...
In Melee you are able to Wavedash Out of Shield while still holding Shield. As far as I have tried in Project M, I cannot do it. Will this be fixed in 3.0?
Also Sheik had some small voice acting in her Y Victory Pose in the Japanese version of Melee, is it going to make a return eventually?
Speaking of Sheik, I understand that the Metagame of the Melee S Tiers are more evolved than the rest of the cast, but will Sheik eventually receive her chain tether in the future because otherwise it's pretty much a useless move that should be replaced?
Since we are talking about Side B's and Melee S Tiers, will Marth's Dancing Blade ever 'Evolve'?

That's all I can think of right now

Out of all the Project M Box Art that people are posting this one is my favorite. I will print this out and put it over my Brawl case.
i.imgur.com/8epf0Ot.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of Sheik, I understand that the Metagame of the Melee S Tiers are more evolved than the rest of the cast, but will Sheik eventually receive her chain tether in the future because otherwise it's pretty much a useless move that should be replaced?

Falcon did get Raptor Boost... well, boosted.

Sheik havin' a tether would be pretty scary, I reckon. My unprofessional thought process tells me that one'a Sheiks only shortcomings is her blehtastic recovery. I think it'd be a great change if Brawl's tether mechanics were still in play, but they ain't. Sheik havin' a P:M tether might be a tad too good.

I say "might" 'cause my unprofessional opinion is mighty unprofessional. Just a merit-less thought is all.

Lucario got something neat. :V
Is it another taunt change or is it something viable in gameplay?

Do you guys have any other questions for me?
None save for this one I posted a while ago. And I'll probably ask some if things come to mind, but for now, I have nothing.

Also, am I the only one that can't access the Project M site? My browser is all 503 Error. Been like that for weeks.

Since we are talking about Side B's and Melee S Tiers, will Marth's Dancing Blade ever 'Evolve'?
I don't think so. P:M Marth will probably be the same as Melee Marth, and I think they will put the new, unique stuff in Roy.

Project M Box Art that people are posting
Links?

Now that you mention it...
In Melee you are able to Wavedash Out of Shield while still holding Shield. As far as I have tried in Project M, I cannot do it. Will this be fixed in 3.0?
Also Sheik had some small voice acting in her Y Victory Pose in the Japanese version of Melee, is it going to make a return eventually?

That's all I can think of right now

Out of all the Project M Box Art that people are posting this one is my favorite. I will print this out and put it over my Brawl case.
i.imgur.com/8epf0Ot.jpg

The thing about WDOOS is that Brawl sees the L button and the R button as the same button, so when one is pressed down, Brawl considered them both pressed down. We havnt been able to fix this unfortunately.

The tidbit about Shiek's voice acting. We tend not to force sfx files on our players due to the fact that it's a personal preference thing. The same would apply to Shiek in this case. And on the topic of tethers, as it stands, no, it will not tether ledges. I would like to say, that it's been buffed from it's melee incarnation, so I advice to try playing with it more and really try to develop some uses for it.

Marth's DB will more than likely not change, unless there is a lot of solid data and reasoning supporting why it should change (See Snake)

Falcon did get Raptor Boost... well, boosted.

Sheik havin' a tether would be pretty scary, I reckon. My unprofessional thought process tells me that one'a Sheiks only shortcomings is her blehtastic recovery. I think it'd be a great change if Brawl's tether mechanics were still in play, but they ain't. Sheik havin' a P:M tether might be a tad too good.

I say "might" 'cause my unprofessional opinion is mighty unprofessional. Just a merit-less thought is all.

Shiek being able to tether, based of the PM Tether mechanics that exist would be ridic imo lol.

Is it another taunt change or is it something viable in gameplay?

None save for this one I posted a while ago. And I'll probably ask some if things come to mind, but for now, I have nothing.

Also, am I the only one that can't access the Project M site? My browser is all 503 Error. Been like that for weeks.

I don't think so. P:M Marth will probably be the same as Melee Marth, and I think they will put the new, unique stuff in Roy.

Links?

It's something viable in gameplay.

And that question, I forgot to ask the rest of the guys about it haha.
As for the website, its working for me so I dont even know what's up with you. :/

Also, in the spirit of dropping knowledge on people.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1rb2ig/meta_explination_of_metagame/

Take the time to read when you have the chance. ♥

The thing about WDOOS is that Brawl sees the L button and the R button as the same button, so when one is pressed down, Brawl considered them both pressed down. We havnt been able to fix this unfortunately.
Hmmm...
Could they change one of the taunts to Shield. Sacrifice a Taunt for gameplay. Though I like the taunts so much.

The tidbit about Shiek's voice acting. We tend not to force sfx files on our players due to the fact that it's a personal preference thing.
Huh, well I know I would rather have Japanese sound effects where there was no sound effects in the English release.
Will there be a Japanese mode like in Melee were we can switch between languages?

On the topic of tethers, as it stands, no, it will not tether ledges. I would like to say, that it's been buffed from it's melee incarnation, so I advice to try playing with it more and really try to develop some uses for it.
That's too bad. Even if she gets the Brawl tether mechanics it will probably be too much.

Hmmm...
Could they change one of the taunts to Shield. Sacrifice a Taunt for gameplay. Though I like the taunts so much.

Huh, well I know I would rather have Japanese sound effects where there was no sound effects in the English release.
Will there be a Japanese mode like in Melee were we can switch between languages?

That's too bad. Even if she gets the Brawl tether mechanics it will probably be too much.

See it doesn't work like that.

Brawl is technically a 3 button game. Shield, Special, Attack.

Grab is a shortcut for Shield+Attack.

Regardless of what button these actions are set to. So when you press R, the Shield action is active, and atm, cant be activated again.

There will not be an option to switch languages like in Melee.

Back