Project M Discussion Thread

Roy's third Double Edge Dance Up spikes, in case anyone didn't know.

Also, does his Side-Taunt look a little......unnatural to you guys? Or is it just me?

It's a carbon copy of Eliwood's (unpromoted) critical hit animation from FE7, which was sprite art. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if it looks bleh t' anyone.

Yes, THANK YOU! I was so lost on why his Taunt looked so familiar.

Anyway, Up-Smash also spikes at the tip.

B> \/ is nice for poking at bottoms of shields
B> /\ Is against Crouch Cancellers (They get popped up)

What's that first taunt-looking sword-shining thing that Roy does in my signature? Is it possible?

Editing magic for his U-taunt.

That, and the U-taunt in your sig is the pre-3.0 version of the taunt. The finished one we have is much cleaner.

It does now. They're terrifying.

Also, just saw what you meant- Third hit B>>/\ sent Bowser straight down off the screen.

Boku wa makenai! (Yeah I think I'm dumping Marth. Or at least, I notice playing Roy has greatly improved my technical game, like grabs, Spacing, L-Cancelling and even Wavedashing, so I'll stick with him for a while.)

Also, just saw what you meant- Third hit B>>/\ sent Bowser straight down off the screen.
It's not that strong, usually. I've seen the CPUs sometimes recover from it (although none has ever gotten back on stage, except maybe Ike). <3

I notice playing Roy has greatly improved my Wavedashing
Roy's wavedash is just overall better than Marth's. And most other characters too, it seems. He relies on it a lot.

It has the best chance so far. I don't think it's going to be at Evo, not yet. If it did, Nintendo would flip out especially if they tried closing the Melee stream last time.

Back