Protecting Mii's

rocketpop

WiiChat Member
Jul 5, 2007
My 3 year old thinks it funny to erase my Mii. I even tried to save them off to both of my "wii-motes". He also deleted them from there as well.

Is there any thing I can do to prevent this? Sturn warnings, time-outs, spankings does seem to work in this case.

Im sick of recreating my Mii and losing my Wii Sports scores.

Don't let him have the controller. Quite simple really.
Also if you hit your child for deleting something of zero relevance it seems your child has more intelligance than you.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Its HIS Wii. He plays more then anyone in the house. I was just stating that normal mode of punishment will not work in this case. I wanted a resolution other then those before someone suggested them, I did not mean to imply those were already taken. My mistake. Although He did get punished with a time out this last time because he did it out of dispite, he did it to get back at me for winning a game of wii baseball.

BTW: I check yesterday and his bowling average is 243 !!!! LOL Thats better them mine! He throws a wicked spin.

Last edited:
rocketpop said:
Its HIS Wii.

Then WTF have you got to complain about. He can do what he wants.

Short answer to your question. NO.:nonod:

rocketpop said:
spankings does seem to work in this case.

That says to me you've done it. A child NEVER deserves to be hit. :nono:

EVER. :mad5:

rocketpop said:
Its HIS Wii. He plays more then anyone in the house. I was just stating that normal mode of punishment will not work in this case. I wanted a resolution other then those before someone suggested them, I did not mean to imply those were already taken. My mistake. Although He did get punished with a time out this last time because he did it out of dispite, he did it to get back at me for winning a game of wii baseball.
Wow. Quite a dilemma. Why did you buy your 3 year old son a Wii?...

Perhaps a longgg lecture (no emotional pleas though) after each time he does it, so that the punishment is boredom, rather than physical or mental punishment.

The other answer is get a second Wii, one for the rest of the family. Then you could have two copies of the Mii, (especially good if he doesn't know how to register a different controller on his Wii).

I have to disagre with miiguy though. It's been the basis for the punishment throughout history, because it's something that has generally worked. The problem comes when parent's smack their kids, not for the discipline, but to get out their own aggression. Also, the fact that children often are more intelligent than people give them credit for, and know when you're trying to use emotional blackmail and such. Then, they just ignore it.

Of course, you can bring up kids without smacking them, but I feel that if that is the way forward, then parent's in general need to be educated in how to discipline their children, rather than society expecting parents to have total control without smacking, for no other reason than their own expectations.

Last edited:
Its really for the whole family but no one but him normally plays it. We have two wii-motes but he knows how deleted them off both and the wii console.

Squall7 said:
I have to disagre with miiguy though. It's been the basis for the punishment throughout history, because it's something that has generally worked. The problem comes when parent's smack their kids, not for the discipline, but to get out their own aggression. Also, the fact that children often are more intelligent than people give them credit for, and know when you're trying to use emotional blackmail and such. Then, they just ignore it.

Of course, you can bring up kids without smacking them, but I feel that if that is the way forward, then parent's in general need to be educated in how to discipline their children, rather than society expecting parents to have total control without smacking, for no other reason than their own expectations.

If you feel the need to remote to violence to get your point across to a person with the mental ability of a three year old then that doesn't say much for your I.Q. Squall7. If that's your view, then please, never become a parent.

EDIT: I know I'm sounding like an arrogant a-hole on this topic, but I'm afraid it's one I feel really strongly about. No offence meant to you Squall7.

Last edited:
maybe tell him to respect your stuff miis and i have a 3 yr old cousin oscar so i know how little kids act

miiguy said:
If you feel the need to remote to violence to get your point across to a person with the mental ability of a three year old then that doesn't say much for your I.Q. Squall7. If that's your view, then please, never become a parent.
Whoa, let's not make this personal.

All I'm saying is that either parent's be taught the "proper way" of bringing up their kids, or that smacking as a form of punishment (not a way to get your point across, but as a way to disuade children from "naughty" actions) should be considered ok.

Personally, I feel that I would rather sit down and explain why the kid should do/not do things without any sugar-coating, so as to make them realise that what I tell them not/to do is for a reason that benefits them.

As for the 3 year old aspect, sometimes actions speak louder than words. If you give them a light smack, then they know wrong. If you use words, they can get confused and not understand what they've done wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel smacking is necessarily "right", I just feel it's okay (i.e. One of the ways in which to discipline a child). When it comes to social issues such as this, I refuse to accept the popular opinion, and instead think hard about it.

In the end, if it's good for the child, then it's good for everyone. If it's only a quick fix, then it's not good for anyone.

EDIT: I know I'm sounding like an arrogant a-hole on this topic, but I'm afraid it's one I feel really strongly about. No offence meant to you Squall7.
No problem. I just hope I make myself clear. I'm personally on the side of the parent's and the child. If something works, then leave it be. Others' interference shouldn't be there if it works. Obviously, sometimes it doesn't work, and that's when there's a major problem, but then it's worked for quite a while now, and for quite a few people.

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
Whoa, let's not make this personal.

Apologies Squall7. No offence meant. I have a son and have never laid a finger on him, and never feel I would need to.

Just remember children are a blank canvas, they only behave as they have been taught to do. They have to learn their behaviour from somewhere.

miiguy said:
Apologies Squall7. No offence meant.
Fair enough.

I hope I didn't step over the line at all. I'm not trying to tell people how to live their lives, just adding my two cents.

:cool:

Just remember children are a blank canvas, they only behave as they have been taught to do. They have to learn their behaviour from somewhere.
I know. In the end though, they learn a mixture or "monkey see, monkey do" (i.e. learning through immitation of someone else) and their own choices.

As someone who has had little smacks as a child, I feel that it has done me good in the long term, because I knew that the smacks were not out of aggression. They were out of love and out of a desire for me to become a better person.

Then again, there are those that were abused as kids, and so I see why they're either wanting it to be their chance to "release their aggression" (sometimes, the victim becomes the abuser) or to be against it completely (I believe that this is down to choice when children become self-aware).

Last edited:
@rocketpop - Exchange wii numbers with someone..... send them your mii. Then if it gets deleted it can be sent back again.

Holy Smokes, a simple NO would have done it. Thanks anyways.

rocketpop said:
Its HIS Wii.

umm... i think you should punish him from the wii. or mabey pretend like you deleted one of his mii's and ask him how he feels. my cousin did that a couple times (4 years old) and i said i just deleted your mii too. first she started yelling but after a while she calmed down and i told her i was just kidding. she has never tried to do it again.

rocketpop said:
I check yesterday and his bowling average is 243 !!!! LOL Thats better them mine! He throws a wicked spin.

My Cousin has rolled a 296 game. she got all strikes but messed up on her last turn. her average is 236

Back