PS3 or 360?

Gaming history: NES, SNES, N64, XBOX, Wii.

Loved Halo 1 & 2, so I was originally planning to buy the 360 for Halo 3, and Gears of War looks awesome. But I have to admit, PS3 has some nice looking exclusives planned. Also, I never had a PS2 and wouldn't mind playing some of the better PS2 games.

I have cable internet, but the modem is upstairs and TV downstairs, so I'll have to buy the Wi-Fi adapter if I want any online features for the 360. So I think I'm looking at $550+ to get started w/ the 360.

3 things would justify me getting a 360. If they price dropped it $100 and put the new chip inside. If they had Metal Gear Solid 4 online multi player with the new chip. That would seal the deal. Right now I'll give Nintendo a full year to show promise with their online games.

Scuba Steve said:
Gaming history: NES, SNES, N64, XBOX, Wii.

Loved Halo 1 & 2, so I was originally planning to buy the 360 for Halo 3, and Gears of War looks awesome. But I have to admit, PS3 has some nice looking exclusives planned. Also, I never had a PS2 and wouldn't mind playing some of the better PS2 games.

I have cable internet, but the modem is upstairs and TV downstairs, so I'll have to buy the Wi-Fi adapter if I want any online features for the 360. So I think I'm looking at $550+ to get started w/ the 360.
360 also comes with microphone and an arcade game (ps3 dosent come with microphone and arcade game is $5 value) but i would say 360 because if you loved halos then thats great, sonys exclusives run strong on their fanbase thus spawning a lot of sequels so your kidna outta luck if you dont dig them

mykennedy said:
i find it funny that this is the ps3 portion of wiichat. yet no one is picking the ps3 hahaha. but hey. notch a vote for the 360 from me as well :lol:

I dont find it that funny. In fact, you havent really thought this through. Sure, its the PS3 section. The PS3 section of WIICHAT. You arent a member of PS3CHAT, are you? Why not, they have a Wii section!

So, to get down to the point, I doubt, that if there were a PS3-Chat out there, many people would support the Wii, even if they had a Wii section.

:thumbsup:

mykennedy said:
i find it funny that this is the ps3 portion of wiichat. yet no one is picking the ps3 hahaha. but hey. notch a vote for the 360 from me as well :lol:

If I had a briefcase full of money I'd run out and buy a PS3, and a 360.

The 360 would be to send to http://smashmyxbox.com/

The PS3 would be to replace my ancient PS2. It eats DVDs.

if you were to choose right now id say xbox360.. maybe later down the line when more games are available for the ps3 then my answere would be ps3 lol..im still getting a ps3 though =-)

Back