Should I trade in my PS3 for a 360 Elite? >_<

Kumoriken

Banned
Sep 30, 2006
Princeville, (Kauai) Hawaii
Wii Online Code
3916-4519-7595-8108
Yo, everyone. 'S Kumo, I've been gone for a while, and I'm back with a dillema.

Mmkay, so... I gots a PS3, and I had a **** load of fun playing Oblivion on it, but other than that, the thing isn't fun at all.
Now that I look at the 360, I really ****in' want it. I'm envious of my friend who has one. xP

So, main point/question...

Is it worth it, to sell my PS3 and get a 360 Elite, or should I wait until the damn thing's actually worth it's price?

I dunno what to do, 'cause I heard that the PS3 will go through a price drop of about $100 eventually so I figured I'm not exactly losing money more as getting rid of it temporarily.

Thanks! ^_^

get a 360, its the best thing i ever done!

great added and chatting to friends
messaging them ( IM )
xbox live is the best online ever
KICK ASS games
great controller design
POWER
music
movies
dvd player
downloading demos/weapons/maps/vehicles etc

I would sell it now while you can get a reasonable price back for it and get the 360 Elite. you will certainly have more games to choose from.

i had a xbox360, and have a ps3. i sold my xbox360 cos i didnt think i needed 2 systems (3 if you include my wii). it was a big mistake!!! the ps3 is great, but its not much of an improvement on the 360. i might even join you and sell the ps3 for a new xbox. BUT THE WII STAYS FOREVER!!!

Do it. Get Dead Rising. Its the best game evar.

Keep the Ps3. Not enough people have them.
I mean, I have basically everything but the PS3... and I want it.
I'm pretty sure that it'll be boring right now,
but it'll get better.

Yeah dude, keep the PS3. you haven't given it enough time. 360 has been out for a year so of course it has more games, give PS3 some time to get more games, you'll be happy you did.

i say trade it in
but you shouldnt get a xbox 360 elite unless you know youll be a huge movie/show download junkie and you have a HDTV, if you arent both of those then youll just be getting it for the color. also the HDMI only makes a difference really on 1080p HDTVs from what i know and youd need all that space for downloading HD content.

Isn't the elite the one that cost slightly more than the others + comes w/ hd (if you have the tv)? If so, I have it, but I only use it for Gears of War and Halo since my stupid dog ate my collector's Halo 2.

It's okay, but nothing to switch for. Just buy it later after you've saved.

I don't want to sound rude. The Wii, and PS3 are brand new. They will need time to get a decent library of games. It took the 360 more than a year.

I'm just wondering why you bought a game system, and only months after owning it decide to sell it? If you have that attitude now, you may not like what any game system has to offer.

Mmkay, for all of you who call me idiotic for buying the damned thing...
...IT WAS A GIFT. ;D So shaddap. ^_^

Here's the logic I've worked out...
Right now, I'm not having ANY fun playing with my PS3. So, if I trade it in for $500, and get an Elite, I can actually play with something I'll enjoy and that I can take with me on my trips to San Francisco, Oregon, etc. this Summer and have something to do while I'm there.

And since I got it as a gift, I technically haven't lost any money. And with that being said, I figure that I should trade it in NOW for $500 before the trade-in price goes down. And from what I've heard, within the year, people should expect a $100 price drop on the thing anyway. So I'd be getting it for the exact same ammount I traded it in for if I wait until then. ^_^

Besides... Do I give TWO SHITS that the 360 took time to become fun? Nope! Does it matter right now? Nope!
The point is... The 360 is fun now, whether it was or was not before.
I'll wait to buy a PS3 when the price is down and the damned thing is actually fun, like I did with the 360.

And yeah, I gots an HDTV, and I figure I might as well be prepared for anything, y'know? So the Elite is a good move for me.

Keep Ps3, in a year or so will be kicking the 360s ass, its going through the same thing as Wii at the moment, a games drought but you'll regret it in a years time if you sell it, and i would put money on that. Also if you think the Ps3 graphics arent that great, look at the games that came with the 360 on release, look no where as good as the release games on the Ps3. 1 years time and you will be seeing more of the Ps3 capabilites, you'll regret if you sell it for the 360, its not realible either. Ps3 is very realiable, i saw a guy hit it with a sledge hammer 7 times and it held together so well, its built extremely well.

I'm not much of a playstation fan, but I would reccomend keeping your ps3. You already spent $600.00 on it so might as well keep it. Plus the ps3 has built in blu ray drive and wifi built in as you probably know.

Back