Should i get a PS3 or 360...im still contimplating on which i should get!!

Err yeah that's what I meant by XMB, I just thought it was the thing that lets you access your friends lists and things in-game (like pressing the middle X button on the 360). Because from what (I think) I've read, the PS3 doesn't currently have this, but apparently it might be getting something like that?

I'm getting a good idea of how much better Live is than the PSN, but, considering everything that the PS3 has to offer (BD player, 2008 release list, the overall potential, etc), would you say that Live is that much better than the PSN to warrant the purchase of a 360 over a PS3?

I think the one thing that's holding me back from the PS3 is the possibilities with Live.

Your talking about the in game XMB.There was ab article not very long ago about it coming out but no release date.With live the downside to the upside is the payment but thats not a really big deal.
Umm.just think and look in the end you will haave made the right descion.:yesnod:

To tell you the truth Lewi, PSN isnt gonna be on Live's level until possibly next gen. Its improving alot, but its not there yet and dont think it will be for a while. But as for games, 2008 will be alot better for PS3. Now, thats all and well, but to say it warrants buying PS3 over 360 isnt 100% because even though the games are looking good, it doesnt mean the games are actually going to be a hit. Just cuz 360 did really good 2007 doesnt mean 2008 will be just as good for PS3. 2007 was a rare year for games, no other year was that good since 1998. So lighting usually doesn strike same spot twice. So its a gamble, its not a BIG gamble cut there certainly is that gamble.

Now, PS3 is still a great console. Especially if you think you will be buying $25-30 BD's and you have a HDTV. If you rather not pay, and you like MGS, FF13, God of War (maybe this year, or maybe 2009), etc. then maybe you should pick up the PS3. Im assuming you dont have a PS2? Or do you? If you dont, then the 40gig shouldnt be bad because you dont have to worry about backward compatibility. But remember, PS3 is more of a gamble because no one is a psychic and its only speculation that this year will be good for 08, games tend to bomb, especially overhyped games with high expectations. Also the fact that you may decide to buy some classic PS2 games or new, because they will still be releasing new PS2 games all this year. Then there's the lack of demos, so you wont have as much games to test before buying, potentionally buying a bad games. Then again Wii doesn't have it either and most people manage...

So in the end, Im certainly not saying to avoid PS3, its still a great console. Especially for a person who has a "Home Theatre" or basically a "Home Entertainment Room" Xbox 360 is just my preference, but to each his own. Just get the console that gives you less doubt, or gives you more of what you want.

Ps3 online is fantastic. I can use the internet on my laptop, and Resistance still works really well. I have never encountered any framerate issues during online play, which is unusual seeing as CS:Source usually gets choppy.

Live isn't that much better than PSN, there's no real difference. I think the only real difference is the gamer points on XBL, but Sony's new achievement system may have something to challenge this with.

I got a ps3, and I don't regret it at all. Only thing that bothers my is there's no Gears of War, but a multiplatform game being released next year looks like the same sort of system but better graphics. So that calmed me down.

Think about it, what's holding you back from getting one or the other.

So you dont have an Xbox... So how would you know, except for hear-say? I have both so ive actually experienced it. Btw, is that 3rd person shooter you're talking about Dark Sector? That game looks like its gonna suck to me.

im not really on the fence between 360 nd ps3 becuz i kno i want the ps3 nd not the 360. but wha "great" games are coming out for the ps3 this year besides
1. MGS4
2. FF13
3. DMC4

None really, atleast nothing for certain. MGS has a great track record and a big fanbase so chances are it will be a hit, especially looking at the gameplay trailers. Final Fantasy is same as MGS, except it doesnt mean its going to be a great hit. IMO a hit or a truely great game gets a 90 average at Metacritic. Anything below is just a good game. DMC4 has potential to be great also, but its not for certain. Thats why I say its a gamble in a way. The games seem to be like it could be great, but since its not out and no one is a psychic it could flop.

Gran Turismo 5 could be great. I think all that Gran Turismo games were atleast 90 average, so chances are that game will be a hit also.

well i dont like to listen to reviewers because they go by what they like and it depends on how i like it so i sometimes dont listen to reviewers if i think i will like the game. well i wont be getting a ps3 for a while now so i'll have time to see what people think on DMC4, FF13, and MGS4 so i'll take all that into consideration.
what ps3 games do u have? any u'd reccomend T3kNi9e

I have Drakes Fortune, Assassins Creed, Resistance and Unreal Tournament 3. Aside from Assassins Creed the games are good. Assassins Creed was okay too but it wasn't that great. Drakes fortune was the best one, but still somewhat lacked. It was like Tomb Raider with more shooting. The best game PS3 has would probably have to be CoD4. But thats a multiplatform. Im getting that game tomorrow probably, but im getting it on 360 for online and achievements.

oh...my list if i get a ps3 is prob.
1. ratchet and clank tools of destruction
2. Drake's fortune
3. Heavenly Sword
4. Call of Duty 4
those are like ones i plan on getting but i'll probaly add some prob.
*prays that he will def. get ps3*

I hear Heavenly Sword is like God of War, except God of War is better. and Heavenly sword is supposibly shorter than God of War. Thats bad since God of War itself was really short. Rachet and Clank I might get sooner or later.

Just to let you know, I'm going for the PS3.

Have you decided yet Cyan?

Lewi T said:

thats great. i was debating for a very minimal amount of time on ps3 or 360 on which i wanted more nd im goin wit ps3 too but im not buying it for a while.

Lewi T said:

Have you decided yet Cyan?
Yea....ive decided like 2-3 days ago....lol...havent been online for quite awhile because of School and Work....

Ive chosen to go with the PS3 also.....free online...big games coming out 2008-2009....its basically a system that will last 7-9 years which has been stated..."dont feel like looking for an article though"....Xbox 360 is a good system...i just dont feel like paying for LIVE an all that stuff....Ive heard its good for the money...but sometimes i feel money is always trying to runaway from me when i most need...SO IM CUTTING BACK ON SOMESTUFF YA KNOW..

So yea ive picked.....and like you said earlier in the past few pages....this thread can stay up for those that are having trouble...

~Lets Just Try Not To Have Any Flaming On Those Who Choose What System They Want.....~

CyanRussel said:
Yea....ive decided like 2-3 days ago....lol...havent been online for quite awhile because of School and Work....

Ive chosen to go with the PS3 also.....free online...big games coming out 2008-2009....its basically a system that will last 7-9 years which has been stated..."dont feel like looking for an article though"....Xbox 360 is a good system...i just dont feel like paying for LIVE an all that stuff....Ive heard its good for the money...but sometimes i feel money is always trying to runaway from me when i most need...SO IM CUTTING BACK ON SOMESTUFF YA KNOW..

So yea ive picked.....and like you said earlier in the past few pages....this thread can stay up for those that are having trouble...

~Lets Just Try Not To Have Any Flaming On Those Who Choose What System They Want.....~
Well then, I hope you enjoy your PS3 when you pick it up.
Some games I suggest getting are:

Warhawk
Skate
Resistance: Fall of Man
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Back