Should i get a PS3 or 360...im still contimplating on which i should get!!

Well I was reading this article before about which one is better. They couldnt come up with a conclusion because it varied so there was no definite answer. So just get component cables. Which btw you have to buy seperately because PS3 only comes with Composite.

T3kNi9e said:
Well I was reading this article before about which one is better. They couldnt come up with a conclusion because it varied so there was no definite answer. So just get component cables. Which btw you have to buy seperately because PS3 only comes with Composite.
I also read a similar article that couldn't conclude which was better, so I though I'd get some opinions, it's probably too hard for anyone to give a definite answer though. Yeah I was wondering if you (or anybody else) could recommend the best component cables?

T3kNi9e said:
Cuz there's alot of games that the Wii doesn't have that 360/PS3 has. Thats why alot of people have PS3+Wii or 360+Wii, because PS3/360 have alot of the same games besides exclusives while the Wii is sort of in a while full of exclusives :p aka almost no multiplatformers.

If your happy with your Wii than either your more of just a casual gamer than you think/know. or maybe you just dont know what your missing out on. Because I didnt know what I was missing out on until after I got my 360, thats when I realized how small the Wii game selection was.

Wii's now compliments my Wii, instead of it being my main console. So far im only getting 2 games for the Wii in 2008. Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl. For a while I wasn't going to get SSBB, but I change my mind because I dont want to miss out. Just like I dont want to miss out on PS3 and 360 exclusives.

u make a good point. Well i for one know i am not a hardcore gamer but im not a casual gamer either because i didnt get the Wii for Wii sports I got it for all its exclusives and such. I would love to have ps3 and 360 but quite frankly i dont think i would be able to aford them being as im only 13. i just dont feel that its worth buying a $350+ system for Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, MSG4, and Ratchet and Clank because those are like the only games that interest me. i kno when i grow older and have a job and get paid i'll be buying all the systems but right now i cant so apparently im missing out. but im fine with my Wii because im satisfied with MP3, SMG, TP, and others.
dont get me wrong i'd love to have 360 and the ps3 but its just not in the cards for me

Oh believe me their are more exclusives to consoles than that. Its just the only ones anyone ever hears about are the so called "hits" or older known titles.

But yeah, nothing wrong with having one console. Sometimes I wish I had only 1, that way things would be alot more simple.

Something that I haven't actually thought about, but more just accepted - what is it about Xbox Live that is better than the PSN?

T3kNi9e said:
Oh believe me their are more exclusives to consoles than that. Its just the only ones anyone ever hears about are the so called "hits" or older known titles.

But yeah, nothing wrong with having one console. Sometimes I wish I had only 1, that way things would be alot more simple.

yea lol but i bet its totally worth it though in the end though cuz i mean you can play all the exclusives of all 3 consoles and the exclusives in my opinion are the best part
but im probaly gonna own all consoles of next generation. or if ps3 and 360 are still being sold in like 3 years which most likely they will be but yea

Lewi T said:
Something that I haven't actually thought about, but more just accepted - what is it about Xbox Live that is better than the PSN?

They're similiar yet with some big differences. Ill try to make some points later, but right now im about to watch Juno. Unless of course someone else explains the differences well enough. BBL

T3kNi9e said:
They're similiar yet with some big differences. Ill try to make some points later, but right now im about to watch Juno. Unless of course someone else explains the differences well enough. BBL
Cheers fella. Anyone else care to comment on why XBL is better than the PSN?

Another question, but this is for complete curiosity, why does the back of many PS3 games, e.g. Fifa 08 and Assassin's Creed, state that it is in 720p, when the back of the same game on the 360 says 720p/1080i/1080p? I thought they would have been the same for multi-platform (PS3 and 360 only of course) games?

Lewi T said:
Cheers fella. Anyone else care to comment on why XBL is better than the PSN?

Another question, but this is for complete curiosity, why does the back of many PS3 games, e.g. Fifa 08 and Assassin's Creed, state that it is in 720p, when the back of the same game on the 360 says 720p/1080i/1080p? I thought they would have been the same for multi-platform (PS3 and 360 only of course) games?

Have no idea why that is. I never even noticed that until now. Personally dont care though cuz I dont have 1080p I only have 720p. Anyway the info...

Xbox Live:

Gamertags - Game Achievements, Motto, Reputation to either prefer or avoid another player , Gamerscore, you can look at their recent achievements for current game, you can compare with yours, etc.

Friends list - Usual friends list, except since christmas, you can now look at your friends, friends. You can add them talk to them and add them also, etc.

Recent player list - Lists the last 50 players one user has played with so you can invite them to games, friend request, etc.

Multiplayer - Online gameplay obviously

Scores/Ranking - The usual ranking system for more kills/points/etc.

Enhanced Matchmaking - Uses cumulative gamerscore, reputation, location/language profile, skill level, and gamer zone.

Bio section - You list personal interests, URLs, etc. Which btw, since this is all Microsoft owned. Its integrated with Windows Live Space. Which is like Myspace. Here's mine (even though I have done nothing to it) http://t3kni9e.spaces.live.com/

Parental controls - Unless you're a parent, who cares? But you know what it is.

Xbox Live Vision - Use Xbox cam to do the usual webcam crap.

Xbox Wireless Headset - Self Explainatory

Downloadable Content - Adds updates to games. Some are just patches, some are eposodic content. Also you can download demos of games before buying them. There's ALOT, almost every game thats released releases a demo or some crap for it. Even themes and gamer pics.

Market Place:

Microsoft Points - Much like Wii points, you buy them at a store and buy things.

Xbox Live Aracade - You can buy and download demos of arcade games. Alot of which also come with online multiplayer and leaderboard scores. They also have their own achievements now.

Xbox Originals - Pretty new, but now you can buy original Xbox games. Some of the games are: Halo, Fable, Psychonauts, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Fuzion Frenzy, Burnout 3: Takedown and Indigo Prophecy. They all cost 1200 MS Points which is $15 USD.

Video Store - Purchase and Download movies and shows with MS Points. I dont use this, but people obviously do.

Also there's some other crap where since Xbox Live is something you pay for, MS makes sure people do not abuse it. For example, banning modded consoles, even banning people who has illegally gotten a hold of games before its released date. For example those guys banned for life after playing Halo 3 before the release date.

PlayStation Network:

Lobbies - You know, where you sit there and talk to people. Ask for game, etc.

Matchmaking - Matches people up by skill. I dont know what PS uses to match people. But w/e I never cared about it.

Scores/Ranking - Just like Xbox, there's a ranking system for people with higher scores, etc.

Downloadable Content - Just like Xbox, but im not sure if they currently have as much as Xbox. I know when it comes to demos and tralers, all that crap. Xbox Has ALOT more. One upside is that, you can download themes for free off any website.

Friends List - Usual friends list, but with a few less features than Xbox, but not much of a difference, nothing to really mention.

Video/Voice Chat - Same as Xbox, PS3 has Eye toy now which was released in like October I think.

Free Internet Browser - This is probably the only thing, Xbox Live does not have. Which is cool, but personally for me I didnt care because whats the point... If you have Online, very very big chance you have a PC/Laptop. Though, its still nice.

Playstation Home - Another thing Xbox Live does not have, yet PS3 doesnt actually have yet. This has been talked about, its been delayed. I dont really know if its going to happen though. Sounds like a rip off of Mii's. Since I dont care for this, I never followed it.

Playstation Store: - This is like Xbox Live Market Place, but the baby version

Wallet - This is kind of like the virtual wallet with your money in it. Unlike MS and Nintendo, they do not use points, so you have to tranfer money into your account to buy things in USD or Yen if your japanese :p

Credit Card - This is how you get money into your Wallet, but you have to use a prepaid credit card. Personally I dont like the way Playstation does this. I prefer Wii points and MS Points.

Content - The following things are free: Pictures, PS3 soundtrack music, trailers, demos, arcade emulations (Australia only). There's some other stuff, but its japan only.

You can buy some full games, add-content or patches, emulated PS games.

There are some complaints about PSN, but they have to do with regional things. Like japans have certain things americans dont have. Certain countries get things late, etc.

Okay, so when it comes to Xbox Live Market Place and Playstation Store. There's nothing PS has that Xbox doesnt have. In all seriousness (FROM EXPERIENCE) PS store is the toddler version of Xbox Market Place. When it comes to overall PSN, the only thing PSN has that Xbox doesnt is the Web browser. Once again (FROM EXPERIENCE), PSN is the baby version of Xbox Live. But, in all fairness, you get what you pay for. PSN is free, Live is $50 for 13 months ($40 when on sale). Also PSN has issues on a day to day basis. It can be a good day or a bad day. It all depends. While Xbox Live USUALLY is always good. But lately they are having problems with all the new subscribers.

If their is anything I missed people, dont hesistate to add. But dont try to insult my intelligence of I wrote by claiming im a fanboy or I dont own PS3. Because all this comes from experience with some minor research to make sure I didnt get things wrong.

Nice bit of info to read. I'm still trying to figure out which way to go. Wish I could buy both of them. lol

i wanna get a ps3 once it is lowered down to 300 becuz well i am 13 and cant afford to pay 600 bucks or let alone 400 for a console so that rules out xbox. and once its 300 i'll have free online and nothing else to buy for the ps3 at least i think. nd all of 360's exclusives are for a more mature audience nd im not quite there yet lol well my parents probaly dont think i am. nd ps3 has ratchet and clank uncharted nd other games. so i think im leaning towards the ps3 for later on this year once the price drops

Hmm, i doubt PS3 will price drop anytime soon. They are losing too much money for that. Some people act like the $400 was a price drop, but in reality it was a price increase. They had the 20 gig(trust me, this is more than enough) version that had backward compatibility that was $350. They stop making the 20gig and made the 40gig with no backward compatability and upped the price to $400.

Excellent summary T3kNi9e, cheers for that. I've heard that the PSN might be getting a XMB, is there any truth to this? Also, if it is true, how do you think the PSN would compare to XBL then?

I'm not particularly concerned about the Market Place and PS Store, since I doubt I'll be buying anything (I do have a credit card however so if I chose to this wouldn't be a problem with the PS Store), I'd only probably download a few demo's or something, and XBL seems to have more from what you say, but if I had the PS3 I wouldn't know what I wasn't getting (if you know what I mean), I'd just be pleased with the demo's I could get!

Between the actual PSN and XBL, I know XBL is regarded as being better, but with Home coming and some sort of achievement system being announced, it sounds to me that the PSN could fair better against XBL this year. Especially if this rumoured XMB arrives.

The online systems of each is not a deciding factor to which I'll get, I'm just wondering how much better XBL is to the PSN, so to add to the total persuasions of each!

By XMB you mean XrossMediaBar? It already has that on PS3, its basically the interface.

Playstation Home sounds cool, but you have to pay for clothes, furniture and game accesories.

The achievement thing is supposed to some kind of thing where you win trophies depending on the game. Since its not released yet and isnt due until later on this year I can't really comment on it. It could be genious and do really great or it could bomb and be something thats worthless.

and yes Xbox has alot more demos to download. I think PS3 might only have like 30 demos give or take some. While Xbox 360 has over 100. Most games that are coming out release demos. This is a thing that people use alot, sometimes demos are released before the game. Also when you subscribe you get things a week earlier than everyone else.

I dont have a online game for PS3 yet, but supposibly the PS3 servers have a see-saw effect. It has its ups and downs. Basically being a flip of a coin on whether it would have problems or work flawless.

The most things I use is demos, friends list, recent players list, downloadable content, arcade games, and playing music while I play my games. Also Live has 10 million subscribers while I think the last announcement I heard, PS3 has 3 million, maybe 4.

Back