Should i get a PS3 or 360...im still contimplating on which i should get!!

zeon9881 said:
.....Cyan decide already so we can close this thread

and btw if you get ps3 i recommend uncharted =)

Like I've said before, there's no reason to close this thread. It's one hell of a reference point for anyone caught between the two..

Semi-dilemma has arisen. We've just got this bad boy for our front room. Whichever I get, the PS3 or the 360, was planned to go in my room (mainly so I can play in bed), but now that we have the new TV, if I got a PS3 I would obviously want to experience it on that, seeing that the TV in my room is only a 27" 720p HDTV. But then if I played the PS3 on that, and then in my room, I'd be wanting to play it downstairs due to the superior quality! So I don't really know where that leaves me now. By the way, I wouldn't be getting the Elite, so 1080p output on the 360 is irrelevant, so I wouldn't be too bothered about experiencing that on the new TV.

nic7 said:
Like I've said before, there's no reason to close this thread. It's one hell of a reference point for anyone caught between the two..
yea thats totally true. If someone wanted to know anything on either console this thread covers it.

T3kNi9e said:
From what I hear, not much of a difference between 720 and 1080.
From what I hear, however, there would be a notable difference between a 27" 720p TV, and a 40" 1080p TV, given that the game had 1080p capabilities of course. The 720p would look pretty brilliant still, but the 1080p would be breathtaking, so it could be difficult to settle for playing it in my room on the 27" 720p, once I've witnessed the glory of the 40" 1080p.

yea my living room has a 40 inch 1080p in it and it plays amazing. While my room has a 720 32 incher and theres a noticable difference.

T3kNi9e said:
From what I hear, not much of a difference between 720 and 1080.

i have a 1080P bravia XBR4 and i have played SSHD on 720P and the bumps on the planets and enemieslooked 2d though in 1080P they looked so good

you need a good tv to notice a difference, dont ecpect a panasonic to give you a difference

I've been checking out the exclusives for each (out now as well as this [possibly next] year), and from my findings these are the exclusive games that I would want:

PS3
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Gran Turismo 5
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Resistance 2
-Killzone 2

-Bioshock
-Gears of War/Gears of War 2
-Halo 3
-Mass Effect
-Project Gotham Racing 4

The PS3 list is comprised of games due to be released, whereas the 360 list is largely made up of games that are out now. That being said, I wouldn't be buying those 360 games for some months (for whichever console I buy, I have initial plans for Fifa 08 and Assassin's Creed, plus I still have Wii games that need playing), so to me the fact that they're available now isn't particularly influential.

So where the hell does this leave me then? How can I choose between those two lists of games?

Resistance 2 sounds epic. Definitely my first fps I'll buy when purchasing my PS3.

That lists tough though. I, personally would go with the system that has the most games with definitive reviews. You never know if Resistance, Gears of War, or Killzone just bombs. (I can't imagine MGS4 or FF13 getting bad reviews... hell, I think they all will get great reviews. But, you never know)

So, in a way, the PS3's a risk. (In theory) Whereas when you get the 360 you know what you're getting into with those titles.

But... it's very, very tough.

It comes down to your taste of games. Thats assuming these new PS3 titles are as good as 360's. They certainly look like they will.

But because of my taste, I like my 360 games.

Final Fantasy XIII - Obviously good game, but sadly I dont like these turn-based RPG games. Not turn based as in Baldurs Gate, KOTOR, but turned base as in Japanese style. Too slow paced for me.

Gran Turismo 5 - Another good game, ive heard so many people talk about this game. I never owned a PSone or PS2, though my brother has it, but the only racing game he had was Midnight Club Dub Edition which I never played. The most recent racing game I liked alot was the first Need for Speed.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Love it, I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Resistance 2 - The first one is good, but not great compared to 360 reviews. BUT, still a good game I WOULD buy if it wasnt for the run n gun style of play. Much like Halo with its shoot em up style and jumping around. So its not my style, im more of a tactical shooter lover. But still good for me as a quick play thru single player, just not multiplayer.

Killzone 2 - I played Killzone 1 on ps2, but not the single player. I dont now if the sensitivity was screwed up or what but I HATED it. When you move the joystick to move the aiming you couldnt slightly move it to get a response you had to move it alot. Basically controls were horrible for me. I was expecting it to feel like halo but it didnt. Depending no the multiplayer style, I would or wouldnt buy it.

These are some of the reasons I would pick 360 over PS3. But I already have both so I dont need to pick :p

Resistance 2 sounds epic. Definitely my first fps I'll buy when purchasing my PS3.
True...after how good the first one did...i definitly buy that..
That lists tough though. I, personally would go with the system that has the most games with definitive reviews.
Its not really as tough as you think it is....some of the systems with the most games...tend to have bad reviews...and everyone knows exactly what happened to the Legendary.."Sega Dreamcast"..
You never know if Resistance, Gears of War, or Killzone just bombs.
Thats just something i dont think will happen...i know its an example...but still...thats near to impossible...just keep on with the same ingredients that made the first one good....You see the Halo series still going strong..
(I can't imagine MGS4 or FF13 getting bad reviews... hell, I think they all will get great reviews. But, you never know)
There you go lets be positive.....and i still dont think the sequels will be bad:lol: ..
So, in a way, the PS3's a risk. (In theory)
I guess you could say that for now...but this is a new year...and BIG things DO tend to happen!!
Whereas when you get the 360 you know what you're getting into with those titles.
I dont know about that....they've been talking down on the Madden & NBA franchises on the system...."Im not sure i know what im getting to just yet":scared:
But... it's very, very tough.
We all can agree on that...

Lol I dont agree with the very last comment to the last quote. I think we all know from you comments you're on the PS3 fan train. Which isnt a bad thing, go ahead and get the PS3 we both you want it, your comments spell out PlayStation 3!

Back