Should i get a PS3 or 360...im still contimplating on which i should get!!

zeon9881 said:
Did you hear the news? Warner signed a deal with blu-ray (warner exclusivly bluray) which meansthat bluray is close to winning the battle (right now as it stands blurays ia also winning, obviosuly)
Yea, i heard the news on Gamepro a few days back:lol: ...i guess Sony's PS3 is close to ending the Blu-Ray vs. HD DVD wars....

havn you decided what to get yet, this thread is gonna get worse and become a console VS console thread
Not yet, but im the verge of doing so very soon...hopefully before SSBB comes out....cause by then, ill have my money spent on that baby right there!!!:smilewinkgrin:

I've been following the discussion here for awhile. (Agreeing with some, disagreeing with some) and I think this thread could be used as a reference for anyone who wants to decide between a 360 or PS3. And some wouldn't even have to post anything. They could just read through the former pages to decide.
True....to the fact that this thread can stay up for awhile...b/cuz just like what you said, people like me and Lewi T need help in choosing between these two major consoles....this could shed some light into those who have a very hard time in picking...(as so did i and another member LT) But as they read through the pages.....i dont think it will be hard for them to pick anymore....cause they know what looking for as they see all opinions and facts arise upon them:O

So, I don't think this thread as been too bad and I think it'd be fine if we keep it. (Even when Cyan officially decides)
As said before true...it hasnt got off hand....JUST YET....but soon enough just like Last year and the day before that year....we had a bunch of PS3 fans and Xbox/Xbox 360 fans alike bashing each consoles tell other members which ones is better.....So yea, This thread is okay...for now..

Yeah I'd say this thread is becoming very useful (or not very useful you could say, because it's still too hard to choose ), but I mean people are getting valid points from both sides, and no-ones flaming or anything, just straight up honest opinions and facts. So as long as it stays that way, even when Cyan (and myself) have decided, then it'll be a valuable thread for anyone else asking themselves the question - 360 or PS3?
On the useful and not useful thing....id say, it be useful to others....b/cuz they will benefit from what we were talking/chatting about now....
Also the fact, that we can be respectful of other peoples opinions and the facts that they bring to the table...i think we can have a happy ending to this thread....maybe:scared: ....even after you and i both figure out what systems we want!!! So yea.....i believe its just useful information..

I wish I could somehow find out how good PSN and Home will get this year compared to Live, and whether or not the developers will pull their thumbs out and start making games straight out of the top draw...but even if I knew, my friends are still on Live. They're just different qualities that can't be compared, but I have to somehow choose the greater one!
The only way to find out how good Home on the PSN will be....is just by getting a PS3 and finding out by yourself...or waiting for the reviews on websites:lol: Other than that....I dont even know:sick: ......and yes, the developers need to pull their heads out of their rear ends and start making top-notch games for BOTH systems...NOTHING BIASED AGAINST ANOTHER SYSTEM FROM A DIFFERENT COMPANY...

You guys already what im saying..lol

Sovieto said:
okay with the whole overheating thing, it wasnt really a lie it was just an insult. the insult being: people dont play their ps3s long enough to overheat, but they do play 360 long enough and thats why you hear of it overheating.
Lol my cousin hardly played his 360 and it melted, then theres my friend who is constantly on his PS3 on his 42" Samsung HD playing games, especially online, and watching blu-rays. His PS3 is fine, what a lie "people dont play their ps3s long enough to overheat" quality line that one.

6 months ago, i would have said 360, but the 360 is dead, not really but ya.

the ps3 has a HUGE lineup of great games coming out soon.

the 360 already had its time to shine.

Yeah regular people who owned 360s are now becoming Microsoft fanboys as they feel threatened that the console they invested so much money in is soon going to fade into the background.

I dont know if you bought a console yet but as of this moment the best so far is

Long list of great games on the console and Xbox Live is great. But there's so many factors. I went ahead and bought PS3 not to long ago because I wanted a Blu-ray player and I wanted the exclusives (MGS4, Drakes Fortune, Heavenly Sword, Resistance, Rachet and Clank) But so far I still like my Xbox games better. Though im sure MGS4 will be really good. PS3 will pick up this year and is going to be kicking the Wii's ass up and down the street and be toe to toe with Xbox maybe.

But, PSN isnt as good as Live. It has most of what Xbox Live offers, but like... the half assed version. Well, not really half assed but more like
"Still Under Contruction"

So knowing what I know now and I had to pick 1 game. I would go for Xbox 360. Even though you have to pay for Xbox Live, it only costs $50 for 13 months, that a LONG time. Not to mention you will always be able to find Xbox Live Card on sale every once in a while for $40. Which is what it cost me... $40 for 13 months. Not to mention my favorite aspect of Xbox aside from Live is Achievements! This is what makes me pick 3rd party games on Xbox when it has nothing to do with online. This adds soo much replay value to games. Its just fun trying to rack up points.

Also another factor is that I dont have a HDTV, but i do have a plasma PC monitor. With the xbox you can hook the monitor to the PC for HD gaming without paying for a new HDTV which PS3 cant do. But if you already have a HDTV then it doesnt matter.

So my advice is, if you really want or need a great DVD player and already have a big HDTV and dont care about online or dont want to pay $40-$50 a year, then go for PS3.

But if you want to use a monitor because you dont have an HDTV or dont want to buy one. and you love online and dont mind paying. OR even if you want achievements so you have something to play for, then go with Xbox. It doesn't hurt that it also has a shitload of great games.

At the Above:

1. Overall, I agree with your post. The 360 is the best console currently (Like I've said numerous times) It was a very solid post.

2. I, do however, heavily disagree with your point about the PS3 "kicking the wii's ass up and down the street..." The Wii outsold the PS3 over 2:1 last year.(And people couldn't even find them!) So, if the PS3 has the same year it had last year, and the Wii just quits selling all together, the Wii would still be winning. I do expect the PS3 to have a better year, but when Wiis become readily available mixed with Wiifit, Brawl, and Mario Kart, I don't see PS3 gaining ground on the Wii

Maybe the 360, but not the Wii.

3. I absolutely hate gamer points/achievements. They destroy games. You get all of these people on Xbox Live that screw your team over because they "Need their torque bow achievement." Even though, that can't torque to save their lifes and you've got one hell of a torque bower on your team. That's just a piss off.

And, developers can release a half assed game, throw in some easy achievements, and hazah, you've got yourself a million seller. That's just complete garbage.

Im not talking about sales. I dont care about sales, never did, never will. Im talking about games. Which I do think PS3 will beat Wii on games because besides Mario Kart and SSBB, there's no great games coming out. Some other decent games but nothing great. Wii Fit IMO isnt even a game. I wouldnt ask for that if it were free.

I btw think that MGS4 will be worth buying over SSBB and Mario Kart combined. There are people who buy PS3 just for that one single game.

and I dont look at achievements when getting a game, its just a plus for something to do but its not why I buy xbox games as a whole. You get a 3rd party game like Assassins Creed, one on PS3 another on the 360. Its the same exact thing except on 360 you have some extra fun trying to get all the achievements, thats all.

T3kNi9e said:
Im not talking about sales. I dont care about sales, never did, never will. Im talking about games...

I like Dr. Seuss over Golden Books. Golden Books is too wordy, Dr. Seuss was simpler and pictures weren't so complicated.

T3kNi9e said:
Im not talking about sales. I dont care about sales, never did, never will. Im talking about games. Which I do think PS3 will beat Wii on games because besides Mario Kart and SSBB, there's no great games coming out. Some other decent games but nothing great. Wii Fit IMO isnt even a game. I wouldnt ask for that if it were free.

I btw think that MGS4 will be worth buying over SSBB and Mario Kart combined. There are people who buy PS3 just for that one single game.

and I dont look at achievements when getting a game, its just a plus for something to do but its not why I buy xbox games as a whole. You get a 3rd party game like Assassins Creed, one on PS3 another on the 360. Its the same exact thing except on 360 you have some extra fun trying to get all the achievements, thats all.
completely true. It adds some replay value to all games. Also, you can take some gamers more seriously than others who have higher gamerscore because they tend to know what they are talking about.

T3kNi9e said:
But, PSN isnt as good as Live. It has most of what Xbox Live offers, but like... the half assed version. Well, not really half assed but more like
"Still Under Contruction"

So knowing what I know now and I had to pick 1 game. I would go for Xbox 360. Even though you have to pay for Xbox Live, it only costs $50 for 13 months, that a LONG time. Not to mention you will always be able to find Xbox Live Card on sale every once in a while for $40. Which is what it cost me... $40 for 13 months. Not to mention my favorite aspect of Xbox aside from Live is Achievements! This is what makes me pick 3rd party games on Xbox when it has nothing to do with online. This adds soo much replay value to games. Its just fun trying to rack up points.

Don't forget that you have to get a stupid $100 wireless adapter to get online with the 360.

D1nner said:
^Not really. If you have a wired connection you dont need an adapter. Its only for wireless people.

Well if you're like me and have your systems in your living room then you probably have it wireless.

I went through the debate between the PS3 and 360 and that was a big factor. $150 for live and adapter vs. $0 for the online play with ps3.

Back