Should i get a PS3 or 360...im still contimplating on which i should get!!

Sovieto said:
when debating you should always post links to strengthen your argument, do not tell others to search, telling us to search means it's as good as no where to be found.

I was going to post proof, though ps3forums have banned and deleted every thread about MGS4 going to 360, its because their were many threads about this >>.<<

anyways, im gonna go and play warhawk, i trying to get 250 more kills so i can become a airman pilot

ekk everyone. i was just ****ing around when i made that post, i really didn't mean most of it but it was to show how fanboyism gets you no where!

Sovieto said:
ekk everyone. i was just ****ing around when i made that post, i really didn't mean most of it but it was to show how fanboyism gets you no where!

lol you should put that in your post

Sovieto said:
Well.....i reacted once to it about the whole PS3 overheating thing....but i knew you were joking around as long as ive been knowing you in wiichat.....which is the reason why i stopped quoting you..:lol:

did u guyz get to the topic about xbox havin the red rings of death or w/e
nd from the sound of it the better console is ps3 but xbox has better games
i dont have either nd i dont want either. im content with my wii

After my initial decision of choosing the PS3, I'm now back at square one. I just cannot decide. I know there isn't really a right choice, I just want to appear to have chosen the better option for me...I just don't know what that is.

I've been eyeing up the 360 bundles, and so to rival my previous option of the PS3...
40GB PS3 + Fifa 08 + HDMI cable, for £310. Then I'll purchase Assassin's Creed, an extra controller, and a double charge cable, making my total £375.
...I can get the Premium 360 with either Assassin's Creed or COD4 for £270, then I'll purchase a plug and charge kit, an extra wireless controller, a wireless adaptor, 12 month XBL Gold, Fifa 08, and another game (since from this shop, if I buy a 360 I can get another game for £20), making this total £445.

So the 360 in total is £70 more, but I'd have an extra game, so really it's only £30 more. I know that the PS3 would be better value for money, simply for the Blu-Ray player, but Live is really tempting me as many of my mates have it, whereas like two have a PS3. But then again, I like the sound of Home when it arrives. I can't really choose between the exclusives as I like them as much as each other probably. I know about the RRoD but I'm not taking that into account as it won't effect my decision.

If anyone is still reading, is there anything else that someone could point out that one system has over the other? Because basically, for me, it has come down to the Blu-Ray player versus Live.

You said most the blu-ray is only good if you have hdtv.Live is good but ps3 isent really bad either so wht ever you want get it there both good but just me I think the ps3 has a better future IMO.:crazy:

Hey LT ~

I'm assuming you have a reasonably decent sized HD set? I say this not for gaming, but for the [BD] movie option. The density of smaller sets doesn't really show off the improved resolution as much as larger (35" +) sized sets. Note that the video transport allows for more image data so technically they're still better than DVD at the same resolution.

While HDM (BD or HD-DVD) is better than DVD, unless you're a huge movie fan it's not going to be as discernible as the loss of having your buddies on your same online system.

The other thing is the cost of HDM movies - right now, they're still pricey (since they represent such a small % of total video sales). In another 6-12 months we should see another drop in the media costs *and* players, so by then if you're still interested in a HDM video option, you can easily buy a cheap-ish standalone player (and by then have much more cost effective movies and/or bigger HDM selections at your rental choice).

Of course we just watched 300 on HD-DVD and it was stunning, so maybe I'm way off base :D

[DT] said:
Hey LT ~

I'm assuming you have a reasonably decent sized HD set? I say this not for gaming, but for the [BD] movie option. The density of smaller sets doesn't really show off the improved resolution as much as larger (35" +) sized sets. Note that the video transport allows for more image data so technically they're still better than DVD at the same resolution.

While HDM (BD or HD-DVD) is better than DVD, unless you're a huge movie fan it's not going to be as discernible as the loss of having your buddies on your same online system.

The other thing is the cost of HDM movies - right now, they're still pricey (since they represent such a small % of total video sales). In another 6-12 months we should see another drop in the media costs *and* players, so by then if you're still interested in a HDM video option, you can easily buy a cheap-ish standalone player (and by then have much more cost effective movies and/or bigger HDM selections at your rental choice).

Of course we just watched 300 on HD-DVD and it was stunning, so maybe I'm way off base :D
Yeah I've been thinking about my current need for HDM movies at this moment in time - most DVDs I pick up now are older films that I've always wanted to see/see again and want in my collection, rather than the latest releases, so I'm not sure about my need for a HDM player just yet. That being said, if I was to get the PS3, I'm sure my interest in the movies released on BD would increase, but as you said they are a touch pricey.

Also, I wouldn't like the thought of being restricted to just BD movies, so maybe waiting for a decent priced dual BD/HD-DVD player would be a good idea. It's just I'm dying to witness the beauty of a HDM movie!

My current TV is a 27", but it's only 720p as I got it a few years ago before the 1080ps had properly emerged, so I wouldn't experience the full effect of the BD movies (as well as full 1080p games on the PS3), but the family is looking into a new TV for the front room - 40/42" 1080p, which would give me a dilemma if I got the PS3 - do I keep it in my room, or experience the visuals on the new TV? Also, I think I would probably be content with my DVD player in my room, as we would probably get a dual HDM player downstairs, and it would maybe feel like a waste [money- plus not being able to use it to the full effect- wise] having another one for my 720p TV in my room.

So after all of that, I should get a 360. But I still don't know because of the 2008 release list for each - the PS3's looks noticeably better - but then again there are still games on the 360 that are out that I want to play.

I guess I've cleared up the BD headache [cheers DT for making me think into more :thumbsup:] - so now it's 2008 release list versus Live. Damnit.

Ok Cyan you should look at this through blu-ray and HDdvd eyes now

this is because these are very big parts of 360 and ps3 and one of them has o win which will decide the faith over the consoles

and seeing as how bluray movies are selling better right now (yea even the bourne supremicy didnt get the right ninch out to blu-ray) and the fact that blu-ray has sony, FOX, Disney and now the biggest company Warner on their side you can bassicly decide the faith of the Players and consoles

so for he horizane tells me blu-ray is gonna win and HDdvd is getting its ass wooped

-----------

now as for the MGS4 comment (for it coming to 360) the rumar has been debunked, Koname stating that they neve said that

TheGameReviews.com had the opportunity to speak with Konami’s PR about this latest rumor, and unsurprisingly, Konami is baffled by claims that Metal Gear Solid 4 is going multiplatform. In a rush to get the word out, it seems that those who broke the story talked to everyone except Konami, who made this statement "For the record, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a PlayStation 3 exclusive and there are no plans to develop an Xbox 360 version of the game." Nuff said..

http://ps3.thegamereviews.com/story-342-Rumor-Killer-No-MGS4-on-360-says-Konami.html

zeon9881 said:
Ok Cyan you should look at this through blu-ray and HDdvd eyes now

this is because these are very big parts of 360 and ps3 and one of them has o win which will decide the faith over the consoles

and seeing as how bluray movies are selling better right now (yea even the bourne supremicy didnt get the right ninch out to blu-ray) and the fact that blu-ray has sony, FOX, Disney and now the biggest company Warner on their side you can bassicly decide the faith of the Players and consoles

so for he horizane tells me blu-ray is gonna win and HDdvd is getting its ass wooped

-----------

now as for the MGS4 comment (for it coming to 360) the rumar has been debunked, Koname stating that they neve said that

http://ps3.thegamereviews.com/story-342-Rumor-Killer-No-MGS4-on-360-says-Konami.html
But if we are to believe that Blu-Ray will win, and even if it does, that doesn't necessarily mean one should purchase a PS3 rather than a 360. If it were the other way round, and HD-DVD was appearing to be the winner, then that might make one buy the 360 over the PS3, as the PS3 would have something in it that was useless. But the current versions of the 360 don't have the HD-DVD player included, so it doesn't really make a difference.
Of course, it could be valuable to look through the HDM eyes, but it would depend on the person. For me, as I found out earlier, it doesn't. Fair dos if it does to Cyan like...

Well I got a 360 and a PS3... I don't really watch movies... But I prefer the PS3 because I like the games for it... 360 is good, but there aren't as many games I like for it... So I'd recommend the PS3, but I dunno what games you like lol, so I'm not helping much.

But I guess if you like watching movies, you should go with the PS3 so you can watch movies... Saves having to buy a DVD player thing for the 360. I think it would be cheaper for you to get a PS3. Yeaaa, I didn't help much. lol

Back