Should i get a PS3 or 360...im still contimplating on which i should get!!

Lewi T said:
But if we are to believe that Blu-Ray will win, and even if it does, that doesn't necessarily mean one should purchase a PS3 rather than a 360. If it were the other way round, and HD-DVD was appearing to be the winner, then that might make one buy the 360 over the PS3, as the PS3 would have something in it that was useless. But the current versions of the 360 don't have the HD-DVD player included, so it doesn't really make a difference.
Of course, it could be valuable to look through the HDM eyes, but it would depend on the person. For me, as I found out earlier, it doesn't. Fair dos if it does to Cyan like...

yes but the "game disk" is HD-DVD thats why its such a big deal to ps3 and 360

zeon9881 said:
yes but the "game disk" is HD-DVD thats why its such a big deal to ps3 and 360
The 360 game discs are DVD, and the PS3s are BD, so if you were talking about the benefits of this to the actual game, then I understand corrected - it is something to consider. Movie-wise though, it's more individual preferences really, and for me it isn't too much of a consideration. Of course, it's awesome that the PS3 has the Blu-Ray player built in, but for me, as I discussed earlier, that won't really effect my decision.

Celestial said:
Well I got a 360 and a PS3... I don't really watch movies... But I prefer the PS3 because I like the games for it... 360 is good, but there aren't as many games I like for it... So I'd recommend the PS3, but I dunno what games you like lol, so I'm not helping much.

But I guess if you like watching movies, you should go with the PS3 so you can watch movies... Saves having to buy a DVD player thing for the 360. I think it would be cheaper for you to get a PS3. Yeaaa, I didn't help much. lol
Yep I've noticed that you recommend the PS3, but I just don't know...if you've read my posts in this thread you'll see that I'm having a lot of trouble deciding!

I like the exclusives on each, I can't really pick between them which I prefer. But as for watching movies, I would personally prefer a dual HDM player, rather than just having the capability to watch Blu-Ray movies [on the PS3], that's why the inclusion isn't really a factor in my thoughts (unless I started thinking about value for money - but I'm not thankfully!)

So as I said before, it has come down to the PS3 having a better looking line up for 2008, versus Xbox Live. I just do not know!

Ohh right sorry, well Xbox Live is quite amazing :p lol But then again, the PSN is being improved gradually, don't think it'll be as good as XBL though... Good luck on your decision! :)

Celestial said:
Ohh right sorry, well Xbox Live is quite amazing :p lol But then again, the PSN is being improved gradually, don't think it'll be as good as XBL though... Good luck on your decision! :)
No need to apologise lol, I welcome all [valid] opinions. Yours have helped, as you have both and are overall saying the PS3, as are some others who have both. It's just several of my mates are on Live, so that would be pretty awesome playing against them. But then I have two mates who work for Sony testing games, one says definitely get a 360 (which he has), and the other is getting a PS3 himself so they're split! Then there's all the people who only have a 360 and completely rave about it, and there's some who just have the PS3 and recommend that! It's too hard.

Lewi T said:
The 360 game discs are DVD, and the PS3s are BD, so if you were talking about the benefits of this to the actual game, then I understand corrected - it is something to consider. Movie-wise though, it's more individual preferences really, and for me it isn't too much of a consideration. Of course, it's awesome that the PS3 has the Blu-Ray player built in, but for me, as I discussed earlier, that won't really effect my decision.
yea your starting to catch my drift

the gaming consoles both supports one of the 2

so if HD-DVD gets better reception then people will buy 360 though i dont see it winning cause of the sale figures and this new warner news (alot of people are saying HD-dvd is completly trashed now, though their may still be hope)

okay with the whole overheating thing, it wasnt really a lie it was just an insult. the insult being: people dont play their ps3s long enough to overheat, but they do play 360 long enough and thats why you hear of it overheating.

Ok Cyan you should look at this through blu-ray and HDdvd eyes now

this is because these are very big parts of 360 and ps3 and one of them has o win which will decide the faith over the consoles

and seeing as how bluray movies are selling better right now (yea even the bourne supremicy didnt get the right ninch out to blu-ray) and the fact that blu-ray has sony, FOX, Disney and now the biggest company Warner on their side you can bassicly decide the faith of the Players and consoles

so for he horizane tells me blu-ray is gonna win and HDdvd is getting its ass wooped
Yea....ive been sayin its better Movie wise...b/cuz it does have Blu-Ray...once you have that....theres really not that much chance in winning...especially with the guys that had hopped on board with blu-ray which i have bolded:lol: !!

Of course, it could be valuable to look through the HDM eyes, but it would depend on the person. For me, as I found out earlier, it doesn't. Fair dos if it does to Cyan like...
Thats true....everyone is not the same...everyone likes different things:yesnod:
But i like this kind of stuff added onto the PS3......it may not seem all that much to you, but someday it might....I guess:scared: ...\

Well I got a 360 and a PS3... I don't really watch movies... But I prefer the PS3 because I like the games for it... 360 is good, but there aren't as many games I like for it... So I'd recommend the PS3, but I dunno what games you like lol, so I'm not helping much.

But I guess if you like watching movies, you should go with the PS3 so you can watch movies... Saves having to buy a DVD player thing for the 360. I think it would be cheaper for you to get a PS3. Yeaaa, I didn't help much. lol
See, even Celestial doesnt watch movies just like you Lewi T....but she goes for the next best thing or the first best thing...and thats its games.....This is another reason why i want a PS3...now dont get me wrong, 360 has some really great games...Triple A games i might say...BUt the PS3 is coming out with more games than you can even think of....And the developers are getting better with PS3's capabilities...Soon after, we could see better gameplay and graphics then what we have on the Huge Juggernaut the 360!! (That was a compliment) Oh, and umm...Celestial, you tried....it may not seem you helped much...but you did the best you could and thats all that really matters!!

So as I said before, it has come down to the PS3 having a better looking line up for 2008, versus Xbox Live. I just do not know!
Dont forget about PSN....YOU KNOW...IT IS FREE..LOL
We could be seeing an Online change in Future gaming very soon...."Well not this year..."

yea your starting to catch my drift

the gaming consoles both supports one of the 2

so if HD-DVD gets better reception then people will buy 360 though i dont see it winning cause of the sale figures and this new warner news (alot of people are saying HD-dvd is completly trashed now, though their may still be hope)
I agree with what your saying....HD-DVD is being beated to Dust as of right now by Blu-Ray.....besides the HD-DVD on the 360 scratches your disks pretty bad (A friend of mine told me) and there are times that you need to buy yourself another Hd-Dvd...just in case the one in this 360 stopps working...but thats only after 2-3 years...
Havent heard nothing about PS3's blu-rays though!

<All in all....PS3 is going to do great this year> Im still deciding...although i am swaying the PS3 side...

Last edited:
CyanRussel said:
Thats true....everyone is not the same...everyone likes different things:yesnod:
But i like this kind of stuff added onto the PS3......it may not seem all that much to you, but someday it might....I guess:scared: ...\
Don't get me wrong, I love movies and I'm a pretty big movie guy, but my current need for HDM movies is not as great at this moment in time as it probably will be in a years time - due to current price, and [although it seems Blu-Ray is on the verge of winning] the current split between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. The fact that the PS3 does have a Blu-Ray player built in was a major player in my previous decision, but after I thought about it more I realised that it shouldn't be a decisive factor for me.

See, even Celestial doesnt watch movies just like you Lewi T....but she goes for the next best thing or the first best thing...and thats its games.....This is another reason why i want a PS3...now dont get me wrong, 360 has some really great games...Triple A games i might say...BUt the PS3 is coming out with more games than you can even think of....And the developers are getting better with PS3's capabilities...Soon after, we could see better gameplay and graphics then what we have on the Huge Juggernaut the 360!! (That was a compliment) Oh, and umm...Celestial, you tried....it may not seem you helped much...but you did the best you could and thats all that really matters!!
Yeah the 2008 line-up for the PS3 is really tempting me, it looks awesome and is largely helping the PS3 in my decision. I've also thought about what the PS3 has to offer, and that developers aren't maximising that just yet, so it's quite exciting thinking what we could possibly get; but I've heard the difficulties of this, so how long would it be until we get these unbelievable games? This time next year I'll probably buy a PS3 if I don't get one now, because it really seems to be the system of the future, whereas the 360 is the system now.

Dont forget about PSN....YOU KNOW...IT IS FREE..LOL
We could be seeing and Online change in Future gaming very soon...."Well not this year..."
I haven't heard much about PSN, but what I have heard has been very positive. By using Xbox Live as a factor, I don't just mean the quality of it, several of my friends have it so it would be pretty sweet playing against them, giving Live even more of an edge [over PSN, for me].

<All in all....PS3 is going to do great this year> Im still deciding...although i am swaying the PS3 side...
I would have to agree, the PS3 is probably going to do great this year with the line-up ahead, but for someone who hasn't experienced the 360 yet, and with many friends playing Live, the 360 would also offer a great experience for me. Currently, my decision sways almost hourly, so I have no idea which to get!

That is pretty much the reason I got my 360... because all my friends have it and it would be fun to play with them, although I haven't had the chance to really do that yet since I've only got Forza and Gears of War. Played a bit of Gears with them which was quite fun. But in the future I'll play some games with them, maybe Army of Two when that comes out, depends what platform it's best on, PS3 or 360. But yea, I loooove my PS3 much much more than the Wii or 360. Don't care too much that I don't get to play with my friends, though some do have PS3's. I just think it'll be the best console in time, read an article about developers starting to realise how to use most of the power of the PS3... Just have to wait for that to happen.

@Cyan - HE!!! Not she :p lol

Don't get me wrong, I love movies and I'm a pretty big movie guy, but my current need for HDM movies is not as great at this moment in time as it probably will be in a years time - due to current price, and [although it seems Blu-Ray is on the verge of winning] the current split between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. The fact that the PS3 does have a Blu-Ray player built in was a major player in my previous decision, but after I thought about it more I realised that it shouldn't be a decisive factor for me.
Yea... your kind of right about that....theres really not that many movies that i really like this year....maybe next year..or year before that...but that wont stop me in getting a PS3...:lol:

Yeah the 2008 line-up for the PS3 is really tempting me, it looks awesome and is largely helping the PS3 in my decision. I've also thought about what the PS3 has to offer, and that developers aren't maximising that just yet, so it's quite exciting thinking what we could possibly get; but I've heard the difficulties of this, so how long would it be until we get these unbelievable games? This time next year I'll probably buy a PS3 if I don't get one now, because it really seems to be the system of the future, whereas the 360 is the system now.
Yea....some of the developers are not really putting effort into it...which makes the games "Shitty" but when they REALIZE how much money their loosing for not putting time into the games their making for it...they'll start DELAYING after DELAYING to get the game right...which would make it pissy for us costumers waiting for that exact game!

Another thing is....360 was the system last year....not sure about this year.....I think its more in-between now....PS3 has upp'd its margin ever since it kept lowerin down its price!!
But other than that...i agree with you...

I haven't heard much about PSN, but what I have heard has been very positive. By using Xbox Live as a factor, I don't just mean the quality of it, several of my friends have it so it would be pretty sweet playing against them, giving Live even more of an edge [over PSN, for me].
Another true situation...if your friends have a 360...they have online just like you...i would be saying the same thing...although you have to pay 49.99 every year...is something i cant do all the time...
On PS3...its free like the wii....although you cant do half the 360 can, which is what PS3 is planning to copy and turn it into something better for free with "HOME"...<Kind of mad that they delayed HOME>

I would have to agree, the PS3 is probably going to do great this year with the line-up ahead, but for someone who hasn't experienced the 360 yet, and with many friends playing Live, the 360 would also offer a great experience for me. Currently, my decision sways almost hourly, so I have no idea which to get!
Again, same for me also....just when you think you have it all figured out, you think of something else special that the other system has....and it has you at the neck of the woods again:lol:

(THe Line-up...THe Online on Live....PSN:confused: Its just Mind-Bogglin)

That is pretty much the reason I got my 360... because all my friends have it and it would be fun to play with them, although I haven't had the chance to really do that yet since I've only got Forza and Gears of War. Played a bit of Gears with them which was quite fun. But in the future I'll play some games with them, maybe Army of Two when that comes out, depends what platform it's best on, PS3 or 360. But yea, I loooove my PS3 much much more than the Wii or 360. Don't care too much that I don't get to play with my friends, though some do have PS3's. I just think it'll be the best console in time, read an article about developers starting to realise how to use most of the power of the PS3... Just have to wait for that to happen.

@Cyan - HE!!! Not she lol
Oooo....im sorry, as long as ive been knowing you...i always thought you were a SHE....im sorry, in all honesty.... <Maybe its b/cuz of your name>??I feel like an idiot now..lol

Oh, and the Army Of Two game...i think their going to get the same reviews this time...they've been in development for both the systems for a very long time now...they should have figured out what to put on those systems by now...their should be no edge over the other...UNLESS BY A GRAPHICAL STANDPOINT...which i am hoping doesnt happen either..:scared:

True....Developers are learning what to use with the PS3's power...so we wont have to worry much for long!:lol:

CyanRussel said:
Oooo....im sorry, as long as ive been knowing you...i always thought you were a SHE....im sorry, in all honesty.... <Maybe its b/cuz of your name>??I feel like an idiot now..lol

Oh, and the Army Of Two game...i think their going to get the same reviews this time...they've been in development for both the systems for a very long time now...they should have figured out what to put on those systems by now...their should be no edge over the other...UNLESS BY A GRAPHICAL STANDPOINT...which i am hoping doesnt happen either..:scared:

True....Developers are learning what to use with the PS3's power...so we wont have to worry much for long!:lol:

Lol it's fine, happened a lot... I just always liked the word "Celestial" :p

But yea, the game was reviewed by Playstation Magazine I think, got 85% or somewhere around that. If they get the same reviews on both 360 and PS3 then I'll get it for 360 because my friends will be getting it too.

CyanRussel said:
^If i get both systems ill be getting it for PS3

Did you hear the news? Warner signed a deal with blu-ray (warner exclusivly bluray) which meansthat bluray is close to winning the battle (right now as it stands blurays ia also winning, obviosuly)

havn you decided what to get yet, this thread is gonna get worse and become a console VS console thread

I've been following the discussion here for awhile. (Agreeing with some, disagreeing with some) and I think this thread could be used as a reference for anyone who wants to decide between a 360 or PS3. And some wouldn't even have to post anything. They could just read through the former pages to decide.

So, I don't think this thread as been too bad and I think it'd be fine if we keep it. (Even when Cyan officially decides)

Yeah I'd say this thread is becoming very useful (or not very useful you could say, because it's still too hard to choose :lol:), but I mean people are getting valid points from both sides, and no-ones flaming or anything, just straight up honest opinions and facts. So as long as it stays that way, even when Cyan (and myself) have decided, then it'll be a valuable thread for anyone else asking themselves the question - 360 or PS3?

I wish I could somehow find out how good PSN and Home will get this year compared to Live, and whether or not the developers will pull their thumbs out and start making games straight out of the top draw...but even if I knew, my friends are still on Live. They're just different qualities that can't be compared, but I have to somehow choose the greater one!

Back