Quick Melee Question, No Spoilers

FLYNNN

Join The Sonic Fan Club!
Dec 8, 2007
Massachusetts
Wii Online Code
0204-2578-2014-7346
Hey guys, I have some extra money and I had sold my SSBM and Gamecube about a year ago and now that I have a Wii I really want to play again so I'm planning on going to GameStop today and picking up another copy for around $30, I was also wondering what controllers you thought were best for Melee on the Wii. Do Wavebird controllers work on the Wii? How much are they now used? Do you recommend buying two? Do I need a memory card to save my SSBM data? Can I save it on the Wii's memory?
Thanks in advance if y'all can answer those questions.

A waveBird is a great choice of controlers ( even though I have a wired and an extender that i cant find lol) cost about 40 new, maybe 25 used?, U do need a memory card for the game, though there not really expensive, used for like 20 (241 bk)

PS idd get 2 controlers, maybe a wired one for the seconed to save money :)

You need a gamecube memory card to save gamecube data.
Also, any controller works, so use whatever you feel most comfortable with.

wavebirds have skyrocketed in price since they're discontinued...
but you can still find them new on ebay :)

i want one so badly...

me too, I need a wireless. I saw another brand wireless controller, but the official ones are always the best.

True, so true, i had a third party controler (wired) and the controle stick came out :wtf:

I have two Wavebirds, and they work perfectly. I couldn't find any in the stores, not even used ones, so I bought mine on eBay. Also, I don't recommend buying your memory card in the store, because most stores sell the memory card with 251 blocks new for $20. On eBay, I found a Nintendo-made card with 1019 blocks used for 6 bucks.

Thanks guys, I'll plan on buying on buying 2 used or one new a cheap memory card, because this is the only game I'm going to be using a GameCube memory and the game, shame to think I sold them but I never played it when I had it and now I really want it again, come to think of it I got a lot of money for the WaveBird when I sold it for my 360.

Wavebirds are really good, but I just have the normal nintendo ones and 2 spiderman controllers (which aren't so great so I'm planning on selling them to get new controllers). I personally prefer wired controllers, they just felt more responsive to me than the wireless ones.

GigaRidley said:
Wavebirds are really good, but I just have the normal nintendo ones and 2 spiderman controllers (which aren't so great so I'm planning on selling them to get new controllers). I personally prefer wired controllers, they just felt more responsive to me than the wireless ones.
same

I use to have a Wavebird, but I lost the thing that plugs into the game system, and I doubt of ever finding it.

Just bought a new factory sealed SSBM for $25 on Ebay also a memory card with 256 blocks I think, Nintendo make, for $10, and a mint condition used Wave Bird for $25 bucks. I went to Game Stop yesterday and they had NOTHING, the guy said people have been buying Melee before Brawl in anticipation and obviously they don't make more Melee so Ebay will do, I feel satisfied with what I bought, your opinions?

Back