Rare games MAY be available on VC

It's hardly impossible, but certainly difficult. Things like the VC get cracked all the time, and with SD card support it makes it a bit easier. Also, Nintendo's team isn't the best in the world; there's lots of hackers out there with far more skill in low-level stuff. Game development != security.

Not that I disagree that it's a terrible waste of time. If you have that much free time, use it to make something that advances humanity instead of cheats people out of their hard-earned money. Or hell, use it to make some money yourself so you can get out of your parents' basement.

Very well said potato, couldnt have said it better myself

Zanatos said:
Okay, didn't read the ENTIRE thing once again, but are some of you seriously thinking that you're genious's or something? "OH, bla blah blah I can hack this thatt and the other thing" You people are idiots. It's great that roms can be tampered with, guess what, you're not and will never be as smart as the ENTIRE nintendo crew. Sorry to burst yer bubble, but if you want illegal downloads you can't put them on the wii. No, you're not so special you can get around this, no you are not Dade Murphy from that silly interesting and fictional movie called "HACKERS". If you honestly think you can be them then be my guest, I hope you waste plenty of time TRYING to get around their team of EXPERTS while I enjoy playing my Wii! Sucks that you buy a Wii and hardly use it just to try and get around the impossible. Play illegal(crappy and unstable) games on something else because the Wii is not designed for you. Sell your system to someone who wont screw with it and ruin it for something absolutely absurd.:lol: Believe me there are people out there who WONT let it collect dust............:ciappa:

-Marcus

hacks are already started.. there are game raw dumps on the internet.. backup games can already be played with a modchip.. hopefully the wii will be hacked and wii homebrew will be next. xbox been hacked.. ps2 been hacked.. gamecube has been hacked.. xbox360 has firmware hacks.. ps3 and wii are next.. its only 3 months.. modchips and raw dumps are already out on the wii.. im having more fun with wiimote hacks on my computer.. im used the wiimote more on my pc then on my wii for the last 2 weeks..

I don't think even a small percentage of wii users could be bothered to go to whatever extremes it takes to hack/play a few old virtual console games (illegally) for free.
There's always going to be a tiny minority of people who hack/mod their console to play copied games - but with online gaming really taking off and subscription gaming being a big thing I think the mod/hack thing will suffer...
These people have always seemed lame/ghetto to me. I mean just f**king shell out a few extra bucks and buy the official damn game? PC gaming has been ass-raped by piracy. id software left pc gaming to develop primarily for consoles after doom3 made more money on the X-box...

They dumb really. People like anekin make me sick. And I whole heartedly agree with potatoewedge and zanatos. But yeah why would you want to tamper with a perfect machine built by a team of hard, dedicated workers? Its just plain wrong and I hope you get arrested. Go do something productive with your life rather than sit there wondering how to hack someones work.

PS Hey Zanatos? Did you get your username from the show Gargoyles!? I remember that show. One of the GREATEST shows on tv back in the day.

i hack for homebrew.. running other programs that nintendo never thought of.. dont assume.. all hacking is not about illegal piracy.. people get that confused. my last rant was to Zanatos because he seems like there isnt anyone smarter then the people big company hires.

I wasn't saying that there aren't smarter people out there, but a Wii I'd bet to state that the one genious out of who knows how many ISN'T you! :hand: Quit acting like you know so much.......anyone can do it yes, successfully it's very difficult and takes too much time hudled in the corner of some dank basement! Screw that and I pitty you for even wanting to try. By the way, MOST people who are well educated in computer programming and code tend to DO something with their lives that's constructive. Have fun wasting your time, I'm having too much fun on my Wii.

p.s. I hope you get banned from these forums for even suggesting piracy, people like you are the reason everything gets so screwed up. Not because you're successful at the task even if you are, but because you always keep someones hopes up and then they realize they got the worse end with what they THOUGHT would work, when 95% of the time have complications and end up ruining their own stuff. Do us gamers a favor and quit while you're ahead, I'm sure Sony's looking for some extra help with their problem solving lately.:rolleyes:

-Marcus

p.s.s. I'm surprised anyone even noticed the name was from gargoyles and yes that show/movie rocked.

Sorry to split this up, but you seriously don't know how many laws you're breaking, just so you know.........admitting to piracy is not a very smart thing to do.....:eek:

-Marcus

i wish rare would just stop sucking and let us have our games back i mean more people will buy those great old games on the wii than on the 360. and if they plan on making a sequel to any of them they should stop cause it will suck and i dont want them to ruin jet force gemini. im to me its obvious if i can make more money with the wii then get over differences and make more money than putting it on the 360 and not making near as much

HAckers ok they good in some views but not there shop, Its jsut plain dumb, 15 quid aint much to buy games of the vc. Wots wrong with u people are the good dam poor.
U the lower class people or sumits.
i wouldnt run any hacked **** on my wii. **** that id rather own it with recept instead of being a cheap skate like most of ya.
I have a **** job but i still dont wanna buy copy games for the wii.
people like u Spoil it for every1 else.
Get a real Hobbie.
the only kinda hackin i wanna c i wouldnt mind owning is the light things to have it on sound activated and homebrew software, not game roms.

First I never said I would do the hacking plus I meant Rare games as in Rareware games that would otherwise NEVER EVER EVER be released on the Wii like Goldeneye because of Microsoft owning all the rights. This only interested me beacuse I would love to play those games. And no Nintendo can't counter any of it if you don't have Wii connect 24 on, sure a lot of people that would be a big problem for but for people like me, I'd rather play vc games and have people play at my house. And to those who think its wrong to hack this its no different than downloading music for free, I still buy cds and I download for free, I just don't see any point in paying if all I'm getting is a computer file and not something that I can hold in my hand.

On a side note I'm planning on getting a wii point card very soon too download some games that will be available on vc

FastJunkie said:
First I never said I would do the hacking plus I meant Rare games as in Rareware games that would otherwise NEVER EVER EVER be released on the Wii like Goldeneye because of Microsoft owning all the rights. This only interested me beacuse I would love to play those games. And no Nintendo can't counter any of it if you don't have Wii connect 24 on, sure a lot of people that would be a big problem for but for people like me, I'd rather play vc games and have people play at my house. And to those who think its wrong to hack this its no different than downloading music for free, I still buy cds and I download for free, I just don't see any point in paying if all I'm getting is a computer file and not something that I can hold in my hand.

On a side note I'm planning on getting a wii point card very soon too download some games that will be available on vc

Whats the point in hacking the Wii to play ROMS? Why not just play them on your PC instead of messing with a perfectly good system.

csiguy4u said:
Whats the point in hacking the Wii to play ROMS? Why not just play them on your PC instead of messing with a perfectly good system.

Quoted for truth
Most newer tvs have pc imputs

Back