Rare

DarkDepths

WiiChat Member
May 23, 2006
Wii Online Code
7061-0622-1076-8579
So, has anyone else heard that the founders of Rare have left the company. This could potentially be great news. For one, they may start a new company and make games for Nintendo.

Sure, Microsoft bought rights to the company but not to the owners. So if the owners did start a new company, they can develop for whoever they want. Does it not seem odd to you that they did this around the same time that Wii and PS3 came out?

I dunno, it just really gives me some hope that I could play some more Rare like games... without the Rare name.

ive heard the team responsible for golden eye 64 left rare after perfect dark,but i havent heard from them.

Maybe we will get Rare games, but only the bad ones. That's how it usually turns out. or we get nothing.
Or we get the bad ones and then complain enough so that they give us one good game then pretend that that is all you wanted.
Sounds good to me.

Link_ said:
ive heard the team responsible for golden eye 64 left rare after perfect dark,but i havent heard from them.

Correct, the team that brought us Goldeneye left Rare and formed a company called Free Radical Design, responsible for such games as Time Splitters.

I don't think this guy leaving is going to make the slighest difference.

We wont be geting Rare games (Micro soft own the name)

Darkprinny said:
We wont be geting Rare games (Micro soft own the name)

100% No new Rare Games will be on Wii. However, if you are talking about VC, then it comes down to the agreement that was made when Nintendo sold it's share of Rare off. So some games you associate with Rare (Donkey Kong) will be on VC.

Haz said:
100% No new Rare Games will be on Wii. However, if you are talking about VC, then it comes down to the agreement that was made when Nintendo sold it's share of Rare off. So some games you associate with Rare (Donkey Kong) will be on VC.

Can't wait to see “Killer Instinct” (snes) on VC. One of the best Rare game in my opinion.

free radical is under lucasarts and possibly working on Battlefront 3(rumored)

Haz said:
How is that helpful? This is Wii related.
Nowhere in the first post does it mention the Wii. Nowhere. Rare members leaving doesn't constitute Wii news, sorry.

Kryptenx said:
Nowhere in the first post does it mention the Wii. Nowhere. Rare members leaving doesn't constitute Wii news, sorry.

Yes but the topic developed into talk about what rare games are available on the VC.

Sometimes it might be worth while reading past the first post. Anyways, don't worry yourself about it. I'm sure if the Mods want to, they will move it.

kryptenx here too? just ignore him

Anyway, I didnt know free radical made timesplitters... maybe thats y it was such a good game. I hope that someday some talentful ex-Rare guys will make games for the Wii

the idea i was trying to put across was that we could get "rare" games on wii. just without the name attached.

Back