Red Steel the Golden Eye of Wii?

dbinder1987

WiiChat Member
Sep 17, 2006
i just watch the multiplayer video of redsteel and it looks sweet. My thought is that this game could be the goleneye equivalent from n64 for the wii. I mean this looks like a sweet multiplayer. and i cant wait to play it on a projector at college with some friends. If they make downloadable weapons and stuff like someone on anther post said that would be sweet. Having sword fights with your friends.

yeah bring in snipers and stuff that would be great and maybe rocket launchers but there is a problem with split screen is that your oppent can see where you are there is no element of suprise

in touch with the wii said:
yeah bring in snipers and stuff that would be great and maybe rocket launchers but there is a problem with split screen is that your oppent can see where you are there is no element of suprise

AGREE!

unless u can split it on 2 tv wich i would LOVE!!!

i got about 4 tvs in a 1 bedroom apt. i need to give 2 of them a reason to stay!

Redsteel = Goldeneye?

Hahaha.

I'll be the first to admit I don't think Red Steel looks very good, I know that's a sin around here, but it's true. It really doesn't do anything "new" for me.

But either way, no game to date has matched Goldeneye, on consoles or on PC, so I doubt a release title for Wii has much hope of doing so.

Yeah, I have to agree with Cyan Winters here. While I will be buying it on launch, I really doubt it will be as visceral and solid as Goldeneye. Now I do disagree that it doesn't do anything new, because it basically does everything new, from being able to sword for the first time in an FPS (at least with motion sensory), you can roll grenades by doing an underhand pitch with the nunchuk and throw grenades with an overhead pitch. Also, for the first time, you can truly hold your gun gangsta style, which I plan on doing the whole time.:D I know you can hold two swords at once, but can you dual-wield guns?

hey

Ya your probly right, nothing can compare to the playability factor of goldeneye. Im sure this has been posted many times but dose anyone know if there is a possibility of goldeneye being put onto VC? I cant remember if it was a RARE game or not. I think it would be sweet if they did. Or what if they ported goldeneye to wii with motion sensing in it so it was the exact same game but could use the wiimotes sensors? i dont know about you guys but i would pay $50 for a ported version of goldeneye.

I doubt this will be the best FPS on Wii, there will certainly be better once people can exploit the wii mote

NateTheGreat said:
Yeah, I have to agree with Cyan Winters here. While I will be buying it on launch, I really doubt it will be as visceral and solid as Goldeneye. Now I do disagree that it doesn't do anything new, because it basically does everything new, from being able to sword for the first time in an FPS (at least with motion sensory), you can roll grenades by doing an underhand pitch with the nunchuk and throw grenades with an overhead pitch. Also, for the first time, you can truly hold your gun gangsta style, which I plan on doing the whole time.:D I know you can hold two swords at once, but can you dual-wield guns?

Little if any of that is "new".

Some different ways to do old things are created with the Wii controller, but sword fighting and grenade throwing isn't new, it's just done much differently with the Wii, which is its selling point.

Cyan Winters said:
Little if any of that is "new".

Some different ways to do old things are created with the Wii controller, but sword fighting and grenade throwing isn't new, it's just done much differently with the Wii, which is its selling point.

People keep saying that but thats the point. Thats what makes it so fun. That is the key to the wii and people are acting like its just a silly little feature to the side. lol ive posted things like this so much on other forums its getting tiring. Forget this, im going to japan :ciappa:

Zori said:
People keep saying that but thats the point. Thats what makes it so fun. That is the key to the wii and people are acting like its just a silly little feature to the side. lol ive posted things like this so much on other forums its getting tiring. Forget this, im going to japan :ciappa:

But it doesn't make the game good. It makes the system good.

I'm sure every FPS on the Wii will feature controls like that (maybe not swordplay, but certainly grenades) and so the "features" of Red Steel are really just novelty items taking advantage of the fact the Wii is a brand new way of playing.

Within a few months when theres plenty of FPS running around, it's doubtful Red Steel will still stand tall as a great game.

Back