Reliable Wireless Routers

MasterJedi2U

Banned
Jan 28, 2007
Durham, NC
Wii Online Code
5251-2094-6508-9892
Okay so I know that with the way my home's internet system is set up that a Wireless Router is the best way to go when it comes to connecting online. However I'm completely clueless when it comes to technology and I would really like some help in selecting WHICH router to purchase. SO if you would be kind enough to put your 2 cents in and explain why you're suggesting the particular router plus the cost I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

I got a Buffalo router and it works perfectly. Get one that says Nintendo WiFi connection on it, that way it'll be guaranteed to work.

Thank you! Now all I have to do is select one. It seems like Linksys is the favorite one so I'll probably go with that. Any specific Linkysys device that anyone recommends now? And what is a firmware upgrade?

Can't help you for the linksys device...
A firmware update is an update your Wii will download to itself.
It basically improves the operating system of the Wii (pretty much like a Windows update) by removing bugs, allowing you access to new online channels, or improving/adding some features.
I think the first firmware update from the Wii adds the weather channel as well as support for SD card. Now, it will do more for you (news channel, etc...)
EDIT : Actually you may be talking about firmware update for the routers. It is pretty much the same thing as for the Wii. The result is that some routers may not work with the Wii before firmware update and work with it after update (or the other way around). Clear ?

Last edited:
Oh IC....so I should first try to set it up without the firmware and then if it works perfectly fine leave it at that? Or should I go ahead and download the routers firmware.

Back