replacement dvd rom

MGchem

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2007
does anyone know if I can buy a replacement dvd rom for my wii.

it not taking the discs in, I was also having trouble reading the games previously.

could possibly be the laser?

does anyone sell parts for the dvd rom?

Your Wii should still be under warranty and Nintendo should fix it. If you open it yourself, you'll void the warranty and will be out of luck if it doesn't work.

well, I already opened it to see if I could figure out what was wrong with it.

I kinda figured the warranty was already gone since I had bought it used.
the guy I got it from said his brother may have tried to install a chip but didn't go through with it.

it was working fine for a while, but then it was starting to have trouble reading the discs. I thought it may just have been dust on the laser lens or something like that. so I tried to open it to clean it.

now it doesn't take the discs in at all.

I thought it might just be easier to buy another dvd rom and plop it in , but I can't seem to find any place that sells them.

I checked ebay to try to find a broken wii to get the dvd drive from it but all the ones for parts have busted dvd drives with similar problems.

MGChem you should demand the seller of the wii to replace it with a new one or sue him for selling you malfunctioning product so the seller willl have no choice but to buy you a new one or refund all the money its worth.

MRCOOLGH said:
MGChem you should demand the seller of the wii to replace it with a new one or sue him for selling you malfunctioning product so the seller willl have no choice but to buy you a new one or refund all the money its worth.

you must not understand reselling.

when something is sild privately, it is done so on an "as is" basis, unless said otherwise.
the op bought a wii knowing that someone had opened it, attempted a mod install, and aborted.

OP-
i think you're SOL unless you can find a broken one as you've been trying.
or you could buy the one i have available, BNIB

thanks , but I think I'll just keep trying to find one that has some other issue and try to swap the drive.

I didn't think it would be so hard to find , though.

I've changed them in xbox's before and there's lots of guys selling parts for almost all the other platforms out there.

Back