repossessed wii

fun4stuff

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2007
*possessed* wii

so the blue light in my wii's optical drive has been turning on randomly all by itself (console remains off- red light near power button, but blue light glistening around drive)...

it will be off and i will be doing homework and i will look up and it will all of a sudden start emitting the blue light that cycically gets brighter and dimmer... almost like it is saying "play with me" in an ominous voice..

but seriously, anyone else been having this problem? i am starting to think something is wrong... we already had to send one wii back because it quit working.

Last edited:
dude, it's not a problem, it means that you got a new message in the Wii so they are announcing that..what you need to do is turn it on and check by yourself dude

haha.. ok, looks like i should have read manual a little closer! thanks... it was starting to freak me out.

fun4stuff said:
haha.. ok, looks like i should have read manual a little closer! thanks... it was starting to freak me out.

looks like there is a nintendo update that adds a poll channel where you can vote your opinion and predict outcomes.

LOOOLLLLL LOOOLLL repossessed means taken away or given back. I think the word you're looking for is possessed. lol. :lol:

i dont think you mean reposessed buddy. that means the government took it cuz youre a debtor. lol. you mean POSESSESD!

fun4stuff said:
so the blue light in my wii's optical drive has been turning on randomly all by itself (console remains off- red light near power button, but blue light glistening around drive)...

it will be off and i will be doing homework and i will look up and it will all of a sudden start emitting the blue light that cycically gets brighter and dimmer... almost like it is saying "play with me" in an ominous voice..

but seriously, anyone else been having this problem? i am starting to think something is wrong... we already had to send one wii back because it quit working.

Are you sure it's a red light though? Make sure it's not orange, red light means the Wii is totally off, orange means its in a "sleep mode" where it's still connected to the internet and taking update notifications and friend messages.

Yeah, if the light is red, the blue light shouldn't come on. o-o

And.. I thought this was going to be a thread about someone getting their Wii taken away by the government or something. Maybe your Wii is possessed.

miiplaywii said:
In advance I will say no offense,
but I highly doubt there was anything wrong with the first Wii considering the other "problems" your having.

i was getting the "disk read error". Quite a few people have been experiencing it with their new wii's... it's not that uncommon. Call up Nintendo. It has been occuring due to defective optical drives and because of defective wii sports games.

the light is red!!! it happens after i hold power button to turn off.

fun4stuff said:

consider yourself lucky... a lot of guys b*tch on here all the time about not seein their wii glow enough
you are special :thumbsup:

45d33d6f155b1hj4.jpg

Last edited:
@OP: ZOMG! LOL! It's possesed, first. Repossessed means that it's been taken back by like Nintendo.

fun4stuff said:
the light is red!!! it happens after i hold power button to turn off.

that's because you're probably turning it off wrong. Turn the console off by holding down the power button on the wii remote, not the console's power button.

Back