Reputation wtf?

MasterJedi2U said:
I honestly don't care if its popular or not. I never paid attention to it before until I read this thread and I don't plan on looking using it in the future. I think it should be scrapped since it seems like its being used more to flame people or insult them which is not good at all. I judge rep by reading what people say in threads and looking at their post counts. Also by talking with them....
Well if it was more popular, it would only lead to a positive influence on the community.
People will see others with rep and want that for themselves. They will then try to be as helpful as possible and make more contributions of their own.
The only reason why it seems like members are using it in a negative way right now is because no one else knows about it.

I feel that if reputation was more public, instead of just personal achievment then it would be vastly more popular. Maybe a bar or something underneath the 'Wii Username' saying how many points you have, maybe even a rating, would greatly increase the use of the system, due to people wanting to be better rated then others, making it competitive to be angelic :D that's what I feel should happen. Thoughts?

Wiired said:
I feel that if reputation was more public, instead of just personal achievment then it would be vastly more popular. Maybe a bar or something underneath the 'Wii Username' saying how many points you have, maybe even a rating, would greatly increase the use of the system, due to people wanting to be better rated then others, making it competitive to be angelic :D that's what I feel should happen. Thoughts?
Yea that's what the green bar is for. The more rep you have the more green bars you will get.
Standard Vbulletin rep system...

Prez said:
Yea that's what the green bar is for. The more rep you have the more green bars you will get.
Standard Vbulletin rep system...
Aaah I see. But I doubt a lot of people knew that. Maybe it could be more advertised, even with a title about it saying 'Rep Score' or something, just an idea. And I've never seen anyone with more than one :) I have like 17 rep points, and got 1. How many isit to get certain amounts of green blocks?

The standard is 100.

As for it being more advertised...
Like I said above, all that needs to happen is for more people to use it. It won't happen over one night, but eventually it will catch on if more people like you and other vets just start using it. I use it, and every so often I see a few more people using it because of that.

Wii_Smurf said:
On the Last Rep Received how come some Squares are Red Some green and some Non coloured?
Red are negative reps, brings down your points.
Green are positive reps, brings up your points.
Grey can be either, but make no change to your points.

i hate that no one uses the rep system here it is a valuable tool

however, i hate when SHTF and you tell i0n for instance that there is something wrong and people abuse threads, he says use the report button and rep and then locks the thread......

this is deff a system people have to start using in actuality. maybe it can ACTUALLY solve problems instead of creating more.

dont abuse the power to condone good/punish bad behavior

If someone gets loads of good rep do more green boxes appear like I've seen on other threads.

We REALLY should use this more. Like seriously, it's a great help.

I still don't see why I got Bad Reped [See my last few posts]

:S There was no need in my bad Reping :(
I'd bad rep him back though im not going to stoop to his level

I never did get my question ansered..if somebody get's enough rep do more boxes appear?

And again..we need to use it more..

Back