resetting the location

roznlance

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2007
bought my wii in the usa last year and have now moved back to the uk. How do I change my location from florida to UK . I have reset my wii but my only location options are all USA or caribbean

Your Wii will not work with UK games and that is probably why there isnt a choice of location for the UK....The Wii is region locked meaning that Wiis from different areas run different systems. US Wiis run under NTSC whereas UK Wiis run PAL.
Basically since there is no reason to buy a US Wii and register in an UK location, its probably not an option.

not worried about games

thanks for the reply. I know about the regions for games etc. I get my games imported from the US and my TV is NTSC/PAL compliant. I just read on a thread somewhere that someone changed their location from US to UK and wondered if the UK games would work. Obviously they wont, but i was interested in how he changed the region to UK.I just want it for the news and weather.

it shouldn't be to hard to change your regions. Go to your settings (lower left) in the main menu. That should change your news and weather, but I believe you can also change your weather/news region in the actual channels themselves. Though the news channel is nice, I don't find the weather channel to accurate.

Back