Resident evil Wii

dead aim/ survivor

RhythmGen said:
That is a problem with a lot of light gun games that all you have to do is shoot at the screen and your character follows pre-determined paths... so I hope they do it like a regular resident evil and have puzzle solving and free roaming, just with motion sensitive shooting (and of course, more gun action)
You should get dead aim/dino stalker for ps2, or gun survivor for ps1 they all let you walk around, dead aim you walk in third person then shoot in first person, dino stalker and gun survivor you walk around in first person the whole time, not on rails you actually do your own exploring except 1 level on dino stalker where your on the back of a car, but all first person shooters should basically be like this since the ir port is a part of the normal controller.

Ezekiel86 said:
lol as long as its not another dodgey PS1 port again. If they gonna remake any of them they should at least do it properly instead of ripping all the low-resolution, low-bit textures over from games 10 years old. I mean I'm all for classics, but if they're gonna be sold as classics don't market them as "new" games. Come on Capcom, don't let us down!
probably should have included this with the last post but oh well, this is supposed to contain almost all of the resident evils to date graphics redone and control scheme also, probably be a couple of new side stories I bet in between, hopefully some disposable characters that you can play like in raccoon city maybe a regular citizen, the mansion be a scientist, then you can use them to kinda help the real character and once you get bit you have so long till the virus takes over based on bites taken like outbreak then you goto the normal story arc with of course some extras so as not to get old.

Couldn't they just use the same controls you use for Metroid Prime 3? I have never actually played or even seen someone play RE but I know there are zombies so I think that Nintendo will make good use of the rumble pack and speaker on the controller.:scared:
Oh and by the way there was no gore in that little movie. No people even!

Last edited:
ghghgh14702 said:
You should get dead aim/dino stalker for ps2, or gun survivor for ps1 they all let you walk around, dead aim you walk in third person then shoot in first person, dino stalker and gun survivor you walk around in first person the whole time, not on rails you actually do your own exploring except 1 level on dino stalker where your on the back of a car, but all first person shooters should basically be like this since the ir port is a part of the normal controller.

first of all, theres a joystick on the light gun
seocnd of all RESIDENT EVIL DOES NOT NEED MORE GUN ACTION! RE4 has ENOUGH gun action, the over the person view is FINE but more gun action? THEN IT WOULDNT EVEN BE A RE GAME AT ALL ANY MORE THAN RE4 IS ATLEAST. and like ive said before re4 had puzzles my 5/6 yr old half retarded cousin could solve. RE needs to be about 70% and 30% puzzle, not like RE4 the gay sellout that is like 90% action, 2% puzzle, 8% gayness

Sovieto said:
first of all, theres a joystick on the light gun
seocnd of all RESIDENT EVIL DOES NOT NEED MORE GUN ACTION! RE4 has ENOUGH gun action, the over the person view is FINE but more gun action? THEN IT WOULDNT EVEN BE A RE GAME AT ALL ANY MORE THAN RE4 IS ATLEAST. and like ive said before re4 had puzzles my 5/6 yr old half retarded cousin could solve. RE needs to be about 70% and 30% puzzle, not like RE4 the gay sellout that is like 90% action, 2% puzzle, 8% gayness
the PS2 version has a d-pad not joystick first of all, and the PS1 has neither you aimed off screen and shot to move forward using the buttons to move side to side or look at the closest enemy by hitting twice, and now that the regular Wii-mote has light-gun capabilities first person would be great, second of all puzzles could be harder now that you can move the hands of the person in the games with more articulation and first person makes the puzzles harder since the camera doesn't automatically show you where you need to goto, oh look the camera is 2 feet away from a sparkley something/hole is that where I should go, in the first person it still slightly sparkles but you actually have to look for it and where it needs to go and the different angles you look at it could come into play. I hope its more like dead aim and survivor but better controls with the Wii and MORE STORY, they are both pretty short but of course all resident evils are if you are good at them. PS no more gun action, what are you supposed to kill the zombies with, your wit?

not sure what you really meant there, or what you were commenting on, but why are you talking abuot the ps2 version..?? and i didnt say take away gun action i said: RESIDENT EVIL DOES NOT NEED MORE GUN ACTION! keyword: more, but Resident evil wasnt: camera is away from sparkly thing if thats what your saying for the ones that arent RE4, in RE4 you had to do barely any back tracking except for when you have to go all the way back that one time. other REs you have to explore each room again, test things with things, the sparkly things were ussualy behind bookcases, or you had to do a puzzle to get it, then with that you do another puzzle. if your a RE fan you wouldnt defend RE4 that much =0 everyone knows it was just a game to get more people into the genre and is nothing like the old ones

I disagree, I own (or have owned) every re game ever made and re4 was a huge improvement over the old ones. One of the best games ever on the gamecube. To bad re5 wont be on the wii.

man i dont know, of course its an improvement in some areas, but didnt you miss the zombies, the conserving ammo? and the hard puzzles?? thats what im talking about! yah i love over the shoulder, let you see more at a time and things cna pop out from sides easily, which they didnt on re4 =[

i dont know why u guys are goin on about a remake

that would be rubbish, especially with 360 and ps3 gettin resi 5

personally i want a 3rd person game like resi4 which is scarier like the original series on ps1.

wouldnt it be kl if when somethin jumped out at u, the wii mote cud sense u jumping out of ur skin and made ur character cower, or perform some action to make them seem more human, instead of "oh look a zombie, just another day, boom headshot"

but perhaps this new game is like a remake but cooperative using wifi, like those online resi games for ps2 which sucked ass

basically capcom had better come out with a game that isnt gonna make me wish i had a 360 cos i want to play resi 5

It should definitely be first person, the scare factor would be higher, you have more freedom, and being that this is a chronicles of previous RE games probably with added bonuses and story the new view will let you see stuff you never could before, like above the front mansion door on re1 what is up there, the walkways are on the sides and you never see what is up there, maybe make the parts we couldn't see before due to fixed camera, maybe add to the story/puzzles with it, and a cooperative would be awesome, I read somewhere the chronicles are based on the characters so maybe they will span multiple games with the characters that lived to fight again. guess we'll probably see soon when more details are released, I just hope they get the gameplay right and the motion/ir aren't a small add-in with basically the same controls after all how many street fighter 2s has capcom released they like to stick to the same thing, that dead horse has beaten so many times its glue.

ha, they tried first person with gun survivor, were talking about over teh shoulder

im a huge fan of resident evil, so if i get the wii itll be for the same reason i got the gamecube(resident evil 4).

Back