Retro games on the Wii

Riviet

WiiChat Veteran
May 15, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Wii Online Code
3388-6355-5969-8398
I thought this might be something interesting to discuss, knowing that we'll be able to play games from the Gamecube all the way back to the early days of SNES and the N64. Personal opinions are of course always welcome. :)

It deepends on wat game they are nintendo ones we all know like zeldas (again) marios (again)
im a wrestling fan so wcw/nwo revenge will win me over
or maybe sega saturn ones (lol) dream cast (lolol)
but some good unknown olduns like rocket robot on wheels or some of the old shooters

Darkprinny said:
It deepends on wat game they are nintendo ones we all know like zeldas (again) marios (again)
im a wrestling fan so wcw/nwo revenge will win me over
or maybe sega saturn ones (lol) dream cast (lolol)
but some good unknown olduns like rocket robot on wheels or some of the old shooters

THQ's WCW World Tour for the N64 was groundbreaking. Every wrestling game made by THQ for the N64 just got better as time went on. WWE No Mercy is my favorite but can't forget where it started.

my fave thing to do during the summer hols when i was workin in a game shop was 4 pads three other people royal rumble mode ring out off pin and subb it was madness 4 highflyers flying all over the place

I was leaning more towards classics, ie zelda and mario, looking forward to playing those on the Wii. :D

I reckon it will really boost the sales for Nintendo, it's encouraging gamer's from previous generations to get a Wii and enjoy all the fun.

Narr mario and zelda are allready out on gba or game cube (or ahem emu)

any1 know if paper boy will be on the wii as it was my 1st ever game i played:D

If midway are allong paperboy is a maybe (its out on one of there retro packs vol 1 i think)
but spyro no the first ones where on psone think sony owns them (realy that was the fist game you played)

Riviet said:
I thought this might be something interesting to discuss, knowing that we'll be able to play games from the Gamecube all the way back to the early days of SNES and the N64. Personal opinions are of course always welcome. :)

Actually, you can't buy GC games. NES to N64.

On topic: GoldenEye, baby. All the way.

I've missed out on a lot of Nintendo history, so I'm glad I'll finally be able to play the old classics. I am mostly looking forward to: Super Mario 64, Super Metroid and Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past.

so is it going to be just the classics or will we see more obscure titles as well?
i wanna see seiken densetsu 3 (secret of mana 3) it was never released in the U.S.
as far as classics go ill hang myself with an old gamepad cord if i dont see the Castlevania games

This is really what I am mainly looking forward to on this system. Although I am not paying for games that I already own. Hopefully they will figure out how to make normal roms playable. I am pretty sure that they will only do the most popular games, not the forgotten classics:
This service will allow users to download and play games from the NES, Super NES, and Nintendo 64, as well as Mega Drive/Genesis and TurboGrafx 16. Not every title will be made available; a "best of" selection will be.
This is why I would love to be able to run regular roms because they will only release the most popular like Mario World, and yes thes games are great, but there are plenty I am sure they will not elease, even though in many cases they were just as good if not better than these "best of" games.

Nintendo has stated that this service, "also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets."
That means that nintendo is openly supporting the homebrew community correct? That'll be great.

BTW - ManaBeast, seiken densetsu 3 has been fully translated, if you need a link lemme know, but shh dont tell the download police. :lol:

Back