Rock Band For Wii??

TransAm317

Born to Be Wild
Feb 26, 2008
On an Island
I heard that there will a version of Rock band for the Wii. Is this a Rumor or Real?

When will it come out?

Will It be the same as the one for Xbox360 or worse?:confused:

A wii version has been announced and will most likely come out late '08 although a official date hasn't been confirmed.

It is 99% likely to incorporate exactly the same track list as previous versions and possibly all the downloadable content up to date comes on the disk.

Visuals will be toned down just like GH3.

Downloadable content is looking likely as Nintendo have confirmed a downloadable content service.

Well thats helpful because i have a Wii but no xbox and i played Rockband on it an lovedd it with the drumms and microphone.

Anyone else know more info?

TransAm317 said:
Well thats helpful because i have a Wii but no xbox and i played Rockband on it an lovedd it with the drumms and microphone.

Anyone else know more info?

All that has been announced is that it is confirmed but rest assured the wait will be worth the game:yesnod:

It may be a little cheaper than its other console versions as well.

TransAm317 said:
thx

I hope the hardware is the same . like i hope the drums are not cheap and break

I'm 99% sure we will receive the exact same quality peripherals with possible add ons like the Wii GH3 guitar had a wii slot for extra features.

I am looking forward to Rock Band personally. I played Guitar Hero for the first time last week and really enjoyed it. I've watched and heard some nice things about Rock Band and can't wait for the Wii version.

I own Guitar Hero 3 and After i saw Rockband for xbox360 i think Guitar hero stinks. Ya it was pretty good but rockband has so many more songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha The rock band drums are way more sturdy than they appear. I like the way they are built. I haven't had a single problem with mine yet.

Rock band for Wii would be nice. But I don't think the peripherals are gonna be any cheaper. The whole package may be 20 bucks cheaper, but that would be because the software.

i have a feeling that our rock band port is going to be pretty disappointing.

imagine enjoying the game in all its glory on a 360 or ps3, then having to deal with the wii's graphics and lack of dlc. :scared:

here's a thought: DRUM HERO! :smilewinkgrin:

The cool thing abou the Wii is the Wii-mote makes for these type of "peripheral" games to be Very cheep compared ot the others. All they really are doing like with GH3 is extending the Wii-motes buttons, your not buying a whole extra controller like with PS/Xbox, its just another attachment to the wii-mote.
Normally a differance of atleast 10-20 dollars in price although with rockband already being out I would bet it hits the wii at a nice price range of maybe 139.99 or lower. Although you will need atleast 2 wii-motes for it.

So far rumors have been summer-fall of 2008 but thats rumors. I'm sure they will rush it out as soon as possibal, probably be a Pay-to-play game because of the DLC on it, but you pay for the DLC on all versions of it. Beyond that it should be identical to the current version just toned down graphics wise.

I will get it for sure, would be nice if they have the guitar compatability issue between GH/Rockband sorted out before this hits the Wii. Just use the GH guitar setup for Rockband aswell, that would be perfect! Give me an extra guitar for GH and all 4 instruments for RockBand.

Well i agree with your comment about Wii version not being as good because it cant compete with xbox360 and PS3 but will we have to buy more controllers if we want to play withh all four instuments or will they come out with the rockband setup where the instruments have their own transmitter inside them. (do you understand what i was saying about it)

i don't see the point in re-releasing this, seeing as rock band 2 is due out sometime this year anyway...

oh, and not to mention guitar hero 4 and aerosmith

Ya whats up with this Guitar hero 4 and Aerosmith crap. Honestly just make it so you can just download the new songs there is nothing really different between the original GH and the new one just diffrnet songs. they are trying to just make more money

Back