Roller Coasters

Fire Flower

Is A Diddy Kong User.
May 13, 2007
London Ontario
Wii Online Code
2617-4361-9813-7619
Roller Coasters

Do they freak you out? Are they the main thing you live for?
Talk about them here!

My favorite by far is Millennium Force at Cedar Point.

Cedar Point.com
What else can possibly be said? Cedar Point took the roller coaster record book to new heights and speeds in 2000 with the addition of the epic Millennium Force. Termed a "giga-coaster" for its extreme height, this colossal coaster looms an incredible 310 feet above the ground and reaches a top speed of 93 mph! Millennium Force destroyed 10 world records when it debuted in the first year of the new millennium. In 2006, Millennium Force was voted No. 2 in the "Best Steel Roller Coaster in the World" category in a poll conducted by Amusement Today.
Millennium Force takes its passengers over 6,595 feet of steel track that includes 310-, 169- and 182-foot-tall hills, two dark tunnels and two 122-degree overbanked turns.
The $25 million Millennium Force gave 1,641,545 guests a ride on one of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world in 2006. In its seven-year history, nearly 12 million guests have gone "full force" on Millennium Force. Guests must be at least 48 inches tall to ride.

Your Favorite?

fig3.gif

Last edited:
I like roller coasters, but they aren't that big of a deal to me, I'm not going to go out of my way to go to a park, but if I'm invited I'm down. The best ones I've ridden have been at the Six Flags in Valencia, California, and they were X and Goliath, but I haven't had a chance to ride Tatsu their newest flying coaster.

I Was Invited Too Go Too Cedar Point By My Friend Who Is Crazy About Coasters!

CedarPoint.com
Stand up to your fears aboard Mantis. Built in 1996, Mantis is one of the tallest and fastest stand-up scream machines in the world.
Built by the same legendary manufacturers that brought guests the Raptor roller coaster, Bolliger and Mabillard (B & M), Monthey, Switzerland, Mantis is yet another unique ride experience at Cedar Point. Guests board high-tech trains and fly down a 145-foot-tall first hill at an outrageous top speed of 60 mph, all while standing up! That's right, standing up!
In 2006, 1,110,685 guests conquered their fears and rode the Mantis, with more than 14 million riding since it first opened 11 seasons ago. Mantis riders must be at least 54 inches tall.
May not accommodate Guests of Exceptional Size.
Loose articles are not permitted on this ride.

mantloop.jpg

cedmap.jpg

I was invited a while ago. I went and yes it was amazing! :yesnod:

i live 2 hours away from cedar point and have gone there a couple times. ive rod e probably everything except for the drag cause my friend was too chicken and the newest roller coaster cause i havent gone there since.
i also for a period wanted to be a roller coaster designer and maybe still want to be cause the way they work and want not i find interesting... i also loveeeeee roller coaster tycoon. :) (only 1 though...2 and 3 suck)

Only 2 hours? Wow. You're lucky. I'de go almost everyday. Did you go on the Mantis?
Roller coaster tycoon is a great game!

Fire Flower said:
Only 2 hours? Wow. You're lucky. I'de go almost everyday. Did you go on the Mantis?
Roller coaster tycoon is a great game!
i love about 40 minutes away from six flags.. ive gone to six flags probably over 50 times cause i use to get season passes every summer. umm so yeah we would just go there instead of cedar point more. is the mantis the suspended one or the one where you stand up? at any rate..ive rode the suspended one over 10 times cause it was right before the park was closing so my and my friend just stayed on and the guy kept us through a continous go. :lol: the standing up one ive rode once and it was fun but i prefer the x-flight thing at six flags where youre facing the ground.

rct is the best! i diagree with you on rct 2 sucking, it's basically the same as rct, with more stuff in it. Now RCT 3 was really bad, they messed up everything! i'm sure designer roller coasters, is a lot of work, not only do you need to excel in engineering, you need to know about physics and software plus marketing. Seems like i'd be a very cut throat career as well, like being a car designer.

Paramount Canada's Wonderland has a lot of good, fast coasters.

Me and my friend are going to Cedar Point, as soon as one of us can drive.
He almost has his G2, so we'll be there soon :lol:

I like them, but I'm not obsessed. If I happen to be at a park, I'll go on a few.

Sovieto said:
i live 2 hours away from cedar point and have gone there a couple times. ive rod e probably everything except for the drag cause my friend was too chicken and the newest roller coaster cause i havent gone there since.
i also for a period wanted to be a roller coaster designer and maybe still want to be cause the way they work and want not i find interesting... i also loveeeeee roller coaster tycoon. :) (only 1 though...2 and 3 suck)

Wow. Me too on pretty much all accounts.

I live about 30 minutes from (formerly Paramount's) King's Island, home of probably the best known of all coasters, The Beast...which for anyone who hasn't experienced it, it earns its name...if you don't come out banged up and bruised, you're lucky or invincible...hehe...

it's also home to The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear, which has a catapult launch, takes you from 0 to like 70+ mph by the time you've left the station, and throws you around loops and twists like crazy...

but my all time favorite has to be Superman: Ultimate Flight from Six Flags Great America in Chicago...the first facedown coaster I ever got to experience!

Cheers!

Back