Roller Coasters

Magus said:
I live about 30 minutes from (formerly Paramount's) King's Island, home of probably the best known of all coasters, The Beast...which for anyone who hasn't experienced it, it earns its name...if you don't come out banged up and bruised, you're lucky or invincible...hehe...

it's also home to The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear, which has a catapult launch, takes you from 0 to like 70+ mph by the time you've left the station, and throws you around loops and twists like crazy...

but my all time favorite has to be Superman: Ultimate Flight from Six Flags Great America in Chicago...the first facedown coaster I ever got to experience!

Cheers!
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG SO DO I! I SWEAR I WENT THERE TODAY. THE FLIGHT OF FEAR ROCKS...also my parents own a house on Lake Erie right next to Cedar point so we go alot...I can see the park form the house...yea it's sweet

I'm scared of them, but this summer I went down to Old Orchard Beach, Maine with a friend and my family. Their is an amusement park, and arcade, we went on the roller coaster :p

Fire Flower said:
Roller Coasters

Do they freak you out? Are they the main thing you live for?
Talk about them here!

My favorite by far is Millennium Force at Cedar Point.

Your Favorite?

fig3.gif

LOL..i was just there at cedar point on sat and went on it!

my fav is top thrill dragster
rr1.jpg

wow didnt realize there were so many people either in ohio or near ohio on these boards... yeah kinds island is pretty good its gotten old though, going every day every summer killed it but its still a blast you guys need to get up for fear fest or whatever the new name is.

I am not crazed about roller-coasters, but I will definitely try to ride every single one whenever I go to any sort of theme parks. :lol:
But yeah, the best one that I have ever been on was the Silver Star in Europa Park, which is located in Germany.

I live in Ohio and i can tell you that Cedar
Point is the best theme park in the world so if you in the area you should go. Especially with Hollow weekends going on.

Woo I love Lolercoasters.
There aren't many good ones around here, though.

Apollos Chariot at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA is the sickest coaster i've ever been on. Superman the Ride at Six Flags over Georgia is really fun too....it feels like your flying.

Fire Flower said:
My favorite by far is Millennium Force at Cedar Point.

Great thread and an excellent choice!

The wifey and I are huge coaster fanatics. Cedar Point (i.e., the "Roller Coast") is amazing. The MF is outstanding, though for a less traditional, mind numbing experience, nothing beats the Top Thrill Dragster.

The acceleration and rush is so intense, we couldn't even manage a scream :lol:

2nd to last trip to CP we waited in line for our 3rd ride of the MF, and managed to get the front car, 2am - THAT coaster in near pitch black dark was definitely top 3 rides ever.

Since we're in Florida, about 2 hours from Orlando, we get season passes for Universal Studios (and have for years), so we've been on the Hulk and Dueling Dragons probably 60+ times (and the new Mummy ride 20+).

We've also hit up Busch Gardens (Tampa recently, VA years ago), 6 Flags in Atlanta, Kings Dominion (again, years ago).

For concentrated coasters nothing beats CP, but for a fun overall experience including some great rides like Spiderman, Men in Black, etc., we really enjoy Universal (and the super nice on site resorts like the Royal Pacific).

~DT

ericlewis91 said:
im like 4 hours to cedar point! we usually go 1 or 2 times

man maverick was AMAZING

Sweet. We haven't been since they completed Maverick (we saw some early construction last visit). I watched the full ride video on the CP website - looks incredible! I love how long it is, and the full 2nd have after the mag accelerator in the tunnel!

~DT

[DT] said:
Great thread and an excellent choice!

The wifey and I are huge coaster fanatics. Cedar Point (i.e., the "Roller Coast") is amazing. The MF is outstanding, though for a less traditional, mind numbing experience, nothing beats the Top Thrill Dragster.

The acceleration and rush is so intense, we couldn't even manage a scream :lol:

2nd to last trip to CP we waited in line for our 3rd ride of the MF, and managed to get the front car, 2am - THAT coaster in near pitch black dark was definitely top 3 rides ever.

Since we're in Florida, about 2 hours from Orlando, we get season passes for Universal Studios (and have for years), so we've been on the Hulk and Dueling Dragons probably 60+ times (and the new Mummy ride 20+).

We've also hit up Busch Gardens (Tampa recently, VA years ago), 6 Flags in Atlanta, Kings Dominion (again, years ago).

For concentrated coasters nothing beats CP, but for a fun overall experience including some great rides like Spiderman, Men in Black, etc., we really enjoy Universal (and the super nice on site resorts like the Royal Pacific).

~DT

LOL...I lived in Orlando for 4 years and actually worked in Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride....Where are you from?

i live in Britain our theme parks arent as big but have some of the gr8test rides.

oblivion (in alton towers) (worlds first Verticle drop)
oblivion08.jpg

and Nemisis (alton Towers) europes most intense rollercoster
My favourite coster
nemesispan.jpg

Stealth (thorpe Park)
stealth1.jpg

went on that 5 times

and colossus (thorpe Park) worlds first coaster to loop 10 times
(amazing)
450px-Tp_colossus.jpg

tho_colossus_spin.jpg
collie.jpg

like them?

WiiSkier said:
LOL...I lived in Orlando for 4 years and actually worked in Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride....Where are you from?

Vilano Beach (St. Augustine) - on the east coast, about 30 minutes south of Jacksonville.

Hahaha, you probably loaded us up at least once! I love how the attendants to the "thumbs DOWN" :lol:

~DT

Back