Roller Coasters

[DT] said:
Vilano Beach (St. Augustine) - on the east coast, about 30 minutes south of Jacksonville.

Hahaha, you probably loaded us up at least once! I love how the attendants to the "thumbs DOWN" :lol:

~DT

I live in Jacksonville (Southside) now but yeah I'm sure I did load yall up a time or two. LOL...Yeah that thumbs down thing is cool....my favorite station to work there was the roaming mummy that went through the lines and freaked people out. Loading was fun too cause you get to meet so many cool people. I rode that ride at least 75-100 times and it never got old. It's gotta be the best ride in Universal. But for IOA my fave is Jurassic Park...That drop is so intense! The Hulk is cool too how it launches but there's just somethin about Jurassic Park....

Last edited:
WiiSkier said:
I live in Jacksonville (Southside) now but yeah I'm sure I did load yall up a time or two. LOL...Yeah that thumbs down thing is cool....my favorite station to work there was the roaming mummy that went through the lines and freaked people out. Loading was fun too cause you get to meet so many cool people. I rode that ride at least 75-100 times and it never got old. It's gotta be the best ride in Universal. But for IOA my fave is Jurassic Park...That drop is so intense! The Hulk is cool too how it launches but there's just somethin about Jurassic Park....

The giant Mummy guys on stilts got my wifey coming out one time (in the gift shop), OMG, hahaha!! She's an incredible sport though :)

We always have a great time when we go (we're the kind of people that have a good time anywhere we go :D ) An acquaintance of mine works for a company that sells "air" (funny I know) and had something to do with the air/pneumatic systems in the Mummy.

We have like this same routine - he hit up the Mummy after Jaws. Then go to the Irish Pub across the street, Black&Tan(s), food, digest, then hit up the Mummy again :lol:

+1 on Jurassic always a blast - I think the slow burn buildup to the big drop makes it 10X more intense, though I think we skipped it last trip for some reason.

We made friends with a bartender named Tim that works in the Enchanted Elm - super nice guy, and he always hooks us up just before a final ride on the Dragons.

Seeya ~

DT

i thought this was pretty cool..im not a rollercoaster fan but i went on this a few times..
sooperdooperlooper.jpg

its in Hershey park, pennsylvania

i love roller coasters, my favourite ones are the top gun and the mighty canadian mine buster at canada's wonderland

Thought I could let this thread live again. Cedar point is the best hands down!

cedmap.jpg

Cedar Point RULES, it makes me wish I lived in Ohio. Millenium Force is my favorite, as well. And do you know anything about that new coaster their building? Maverick, or something? I wonder if it will be another record-breaker...

Well, not counting the wait, my top 3 favorite coasters are
1. Kingda Ka, Six Flags Great Adventure, New Jersey
2. Millenium Force, Cedar Point, Ohio
3. Apollo's Chariot, Busch Gardens, Virginia

Its a tough choice between them.

Without the wait, it is Magnum XL 200 or whatever, in Cedar Point. Its like a five minute wait, its great, I went on it like 15 times in a row at the end of the day because you could almost walk right on it. I love when you can walk right on roller coasters, I go on em a jillion times in a row till the line builds up.

uloseiwin said:
Cedar Point RULES, it makes me wish I lived in Ohio. Millenium Force is my favorite, as well. And do you know anything about that new coaster their building? Maverick, or something? I wonder if it will be another record-breaker...

It was up and running this season! It's incredibly long, two-stage with the 2nd section being driven by a mag launcher out of a tunnel. We missed it this season but will be there next year when CP opens.

They've got some great video at the CP website of Maverick.

~DT

Oh yeah, I have a bad memory...I live in CT, and we went there not last summer, but the summer before. Maverick was still being built. I wont be going there anytime soon, it was a long drive...I'll look it up.

CantGetAWii said:
Paramount Canada's Wonderland has a lot of good, fast coasters.

Me and my friend are going to Cedar Point, as soon as one of us can drive.
He almost has his G2, so we'll be there soon

Wonderland will have something similar, not as big, but will be the biggest in Canada when it's running next year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth_(roller_coaster). You can see it being built right now.
Height 230 feet (70.1 m)
Length 5,318 feet (1,620.9 m)
Max speed 77 miles per hour (123.9 km/h)
Duration 3:10
Max vertical angle 85°
Cost C$26m est.

G2? good luck. Tell your bud that getting his G2 is a whole lot harder than getting his G.

Back